News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Marbelite MP6-L

Started by M3019C LPS20, January 06, 2014, 12:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3019C LPS20

A while back, I visited Marbelite's headquarters in Manasquan, New Jersey to pick up and purchase the company's current signal model in production, in which is officially known as the MP6-L. Below, are several pictures of it.

While at Marbelite, I met up with vice president David Verdoni, and we talked about the pedestrian signal for a while. After on hiatus for nearly 30 years, Marbelite re-entered the signal manufacturing business several years ago and designed its very first polycarbonate signal. Thus, the birth of the MP6-L. The pedestrian signal is designed solely for the city of New York, and it is slightly different when compared to that of an ordinary 16" housing, in which it uses a rather condensed pedestrian L.E.D. insert, in which is approved by N.Y.C.D.O.T., such as two models from LeoTek. The MP6-L meets N.Y.C.D.O.T. specifications, and it is compatible with existing hardware that is already in use on the streets. With regards to the design, the pedestrian signal housing is very similar to that of the G.T.E. P-6; however, there are some minor differences between both, such as the lack of a ventilation hole for the Marbelite MP6-L model.

This is a signal that has been officially crossed off of my wanted list of signals, and I am glad to finally own it. Shortly after I purchased the housing, I received an ideal insert for it, in which is one of several L.E.D. inserts in use for this particular model on New York City streets.

Manufactured by General Electric.

My current display of four generations of New York City pedestrian signals in use since my latest acquisition.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.