AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: I-95/Penna Turnpike Interchange  (Read 222681 times)

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: Today at 07:35:13 AM
Re: I-95/Penna Turnpike Interchange
« Reply #2175 on: October 12, 2018, 04:19:34 AM »

As of today, the only map updates for the I-95/PA Turnpike interchange have been from Waze and Google. Apple, Bing, Mapquest have yet to show any changes.

OSM has had it since the change over.

roadman65

• Last Login: Today at 12:25:46 PM
« Reply #2176 on: October 12, 2018, 11:09:14 AM »

Someone got the PA Turnpike article wrong about the turnpike crosses over I-295 instead of the other way around like it really is.
Scroll down to the Delaware River Extension part of the article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_Turnpike

The highway narrows back to four lanes before another E-ZPass-only exit for PA 132, with an eastbound exit and entrance. A short distance later, the turnpike arrives at the east end of the ticket system at the Neshaminy Falls toll plaza. After passing through more suburbs, the road reaches a partial interchange with I-95 (passing over I-295 with no access), at which point I-276 ends and the Pennsylvania Turnpike becomes part of I-95. Continuing westbound on the turnpike from southbound I-95 is signed as a left exit from I-95, the only place where continuing on the mainline turnpike is signed as an exit.[12][13]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:15:47 AM by roadman65 »
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: Today at 11:22:53 PM
« Reply #2177 on: October 12, 2018, 11:57:24 AM »

Someone got the PA Turnpike article wrong about the turnpike crosses over I-295 instead of the other way around like it really is.

The highway narrows back to four lanes before another E-ZPass-only exit for PA 132, with an eastbound exit and entrance. A short distance later, the turnpike arrives at the east end of the ticket system at the Neshaminy Falls toll plaza. After passing through more suburbs, the road reaches a partial interchange with I-95 (passing over I-295 with no access), at which point I-276 ends and the Pennsylvania Turnpike becomes part of I-95. Continuing westbound on the turnpike from southbound I-95 is signed as a left exit from I-95[/b], the only place where continuing on the mainline turnpike is signed as an exit.[12][13]

Blue = It shouldn't start out as "Continuing westbound", because one can't continue westbound after going eastbound.  This should be a totally different paragraph.

Roadsguy

• Last Login: Today at 11:09:00 PM
« Reply #2178 on: October 12, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »

Whoops, I was the one who wrote that right after the interchange opened. I'm surprised no one else has caught that yet. The Turnpike article is pretty high-traffic (heh) and most of what I wrote has been tweaked since. I also agree on the bit about the left exit. I reworded it to make more sense.

theroadwayone

• Last Login: Today at 04:31:13 PM
« Reply #2179 on: October 12, 2018, 06:12:11 PM »

The highway narrows back to four lanes before another E-ZPass-only exit for PA 132, with an eastbound exit and entrance. A short distance later, the turnpike arrives at the east end of the ticket system at the Neshaminy Falls toll plaza. After passing through more suburbs, the road reaches a partial interchange with I-95 (passing over I-295 with no access), at which point I-276 ends and the Pennsylvania Turnpike becomes part of I-95. Continuing westbound on the turnpike from southbound I-95 is signed as a left exit from I-95, the only place where continuing on the mainline turnpike is signed as an exit.[12][13]

Somebody went and edited it and it now says "passing under I-295 with no access."

Roadsguy

« Reply #2180 on: October 12, 2018, 11:56:40 PM »

Somebody went and edited it and it now says "passing under I-295 with no access."

Whoever did that must be a great editor with how on top of things they are. :spin:

Whoops, I was the one who wrote that right after the interchange opened. I'm surprised no one else has caught that yet. The Turnpike article is pretty high-traffic (heh) and most of what I wrote has been tweaked since. I also agree on the bit about the left exit. I reworded it to make more sense.

roadman65

« Reply #2181 on: October 13, 2018, 12:55:25 AM »

Whoever did that must be a great editor with how on top of things they are. :spin:

Job well done. :clap:

Sheryl Crowe

PHLBOS

• Last Login: October 18, 2018, 04:43:48 PM
« Reply #2182 on: October 15, 2018, 08:50:33 AM »

Update regarding additional I-95 shields along the NJ Turnpike & Connector:

As of this past weekend (Oct. 13-14):

1.  An I-95 shield have been added to the northbound sign at the Connector's eastern end (where the ramps to the mainline NJ Turnpike split).

2.  Just north of the above-ramp merge with the northbound NJ Turnpike, a NORTH 95 with an NJTP shield (placed underneath) reassurance marker has been erected.  This is the first time I've personally seen an NJTP shield used as a route reassurance marker.

3.  Westbound Connector (I-95 Southbound) at the US 130 interchange; SOUTH 95 TO legend has been added to the existing WEST 276 legend on the pull-through sign.

Along the Delaware River Bridge; there's still I-276/full-length PA Turnpike-based mile markers from mid-span (MM 359.0) to the PA side.  However, one or two I-95-based makers (MM 42.6 or 42.8 (?)) have since been erected; interestingly, right next to the markers.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 09:21:34 AM by PHLBOS »
GPS does NOT equal GOD

akotchi

• Last Login: Today at 11:03:36 PM
« Reply #2183 on: October 15, 2018, 01:16:12 PM »

Update regarding additional I-95 shields along the NJ Turnpike & Connector:

As of this past weekend (Oct. 13-14):

1.  An I-95 shield have been added to the northbound sign at the Connector's eastern end (where the ramps to the mainline NJ Turnpike split).

2.  Just north of the above-ramp merge with the northbound NJ Turnpike, a NORTH 95 with an NJTP shield (placed underneath) reassurance marker has been erected.  This is the first time I've personally seen an NJTP shield used as a route reassurance marker.

3.  Westbound Connector (I-95 Southbound) at the US 130 interchange; SOUTH 95 TO legend has been added to the existing WEST 276 legend on the pull-through sign.

Along the Delaware River Bridge; there's still I-276/full-length PA Turnpike-based mile markers from mid-span (MM 359.0) to the PA side.  However, one or two I-95-based makers (MM 42.6 or 42.8 (?)) have since been erected; interestingly, right next to the markers.
Most of that stuff you reference has been up since the last time I went through there, which was about 2 weeks ago.  I have not had the time to post pictures from that ride through.  At that time, the connector and Interchange 6 seemed to be complete, except for the eastbound (I-95 NB) pull-through at the U.S. 130 exit and the signs entering the Turnpike extension from U.S. 130.  Nothing obvious had changed north of Interchange 6.

Curious as to whether the first reassurance marker WB/SB in Pennsylvania (just past the AET gantry) has since been corrected.  Last I saw, the incorrect "North" beneath the marker was taped over.  Too expensive to keep checking . . .
Overhead Guide Signs:  The Traffic Engineer's Only True Canvas.

PHLBOS

« Reply #2184 on: October 15, 2018, 01:42:10 PM »

Curious as to whether the first reassurance marker WB/SB in Pennsylvania (just past the AET gantry) has since been corrected.  Last I saw, the incorrect "North" beneath the marker was taped over.  Too expensive to keep checking . . .
So that's what was taped over.  As of last night (Oct. 14), it's still there.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

roadman65

« Reply #2185 on: October 15, 2018, 05:35:04 PM »

So am I to understand now the NB I-95 to the Delaware River Bridge is free in PA?  I see the cashless gantry where the Exit 30 plaza once stood is WB only. Plus the US 13 exit has no plaza anymore either and from streetview it looks as one can enter the Turnpike from the new I-95 flyover and get off at Route 13 and pay no toll at all.

Just wondering if you must pay to stay on the Turnpike into NJ, at least on PA's side?  I know that like other crossings traveling into NJ requires no toll except for Dingman's Ferry further north.  However all the other tolled crossings from Montague to the Delaware Memorial Bridge are WB only, so I assume that both the NJTA and PTC both implemented that way as well.

Sheryl Crowe

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: Today at 11:22:53 PM
« Reply #2186 on: October 15, 2018, 05:59:47 PM »

So am I to understand now the NB I-95 to the Delaware River Bridge is free in PA?  I see the cashless gantry where the Exit 30 plaza once stood is WB only. Plus the US 13 exit has no plaza anymore either and from streetview it looks as one can enter the Turnpike from the new I-95 flyover and get off at Route 13 and pay no toll at all.

Just wondering if you must pay to stay on the Turnpike into NJ, at least on PA's side?  I know that like other crossings traveling into NJ requires no toll except for Dingman's Ferry further north.  However all the other tolled crossings from Montague to the Delaware Memorial Bridge are WB only, so I assume that both the NJTA and PTC both implemented that way as well.

No toll on 95 NB thru PA at all; first toll point is Exit 6 on NJ. You can cross the bridge into NJ and exit into US 130 and never pay a toll. The US 13 interchange in PA is completely free.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 06:21:24 PM by jeffandnicole »

qguy

• Last Login: Today at 03:46:27 PM
« Reply #2187 on: October 16, 2018, 06:23:29 AM »

So that's what was taped over.  As of last night (Oct. 14), it's still there.

Roadsguy and I noticed that when we drove it shortly after it opened; Roadsguy emailed the project engineers about it.

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:

They must've hurriedly sent someone out to cover it up. They used tape, you say? What, so duct tape really does fix everything?

akotchi

• Last Login: Today at 11:03:36 PM
« Reply #2188 on: October 16, 2018, 12:14:04 PM »

Looks like it to me . . .

And thank you!  I had emailed also and was told that they had been made aware of it.  Now I know who . . .   

The change was made within a day, I think.  Alas . . . a new sign is taking much longer.

Overhead Guide Signs:  The Traffic Engineer's Only True Canvas.

qguy

• Last Login: Today at 03:46:27 PM
« Reply #2189 on: October 16, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »

One would think there would be a stock of directional tabs that could be quickly accessed, or am I just thick?

(Don't answer that, Roadsguy!)

I mean, they're not individually custom-made for each location. There's gotta be a pile of them somewhere, right?

PHLBOS

« Reply #2190 on: October 16, 2018, 05:23:27 PM »

One would think there would be a stock of directional tabs that could be quickly accessed, or am I just thick?

I mean, they're not individually custom-made for each location. There's gotta be a pile of them somewhere, right?
Given that this is the Turnpike's (PTC) stretch & not PennDOT's; maybe PTC doesn't have as any spare blue NORTH/SOUTH tabs on hand (the only N/S Interstate in their jurisdiction is I-476, north of I-276).  :sombrero:
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Roadsguy

« Reply #2191 on: October 16, 2018, 06:47:48 PM »

Given that this is the Turnpike's (PTC) stretch & not PennDOT's; maybe PTC doesn't have as any spare blue NORTH/SOUTH tabs on hand (the only N/S Interstate in their jurisdiction is I-476, north of I-276).  :sombrero:

I'd like to think that the PTC only made a couple dozen in the '90s when I-476 was extended and used the last ones on this project? :awesomeface:

02 Park Ave

• Happy motoring!

• Last Login: Today at 01:39:25 PM
« Reply #2192 on: October 16, 2018, 08:35:55 PM »

There are still no I-95 shields above the inner or outer roadways, in either direction, at Exits 7 or 7A as of today.
C-o-H

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.