News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

FL-9A (Future I-295) Exit numbers

Started by rickmastfan67, June 24, 2009, 10:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryant5493

So, do signs on S.R. 9A read, "To I-295"? And on I-295 do signs read, "To S.R. 9A"?

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

FLRoads

No, for the most part they do not. The only place that I do remember seeing a "To Florida 9A" sign is the northern end of Interstate 295 in the vicinity of the Interstate 95 interchange.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Bryant5493 on August 27, 2009, 10:18:08 PM
So, do signs on S.R. 9A read, "To I-295"? And on I-295 do signs read, "To S.R. 9A"?

There is a one mention for I-95 @ the Heckscher Dr interchange going NB.
Streetview

But I don't recall any for I-295 on FL-9A and vice-versa EXCEPT @ the Duval Rd interchange on Duval Rd itself.  There are "To FL-9A" shields on the ground.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: treichard on August 27, 2009, 08:38:24 PM
When will the I-295 signs go up? Shortly after the next AASHTO meeting this year?

Hey Tim, don't worry.  I'm keeping track of this stuff as much as possible. ;)  I've been following this highway since 1995 when I first traveled on FL-9A.  Back then, it was still a Super-2 from US-17 to FL-105. ;)

treichard

I'm not worrying. I am expecting at least two dozen traffic cam pics posted here in real time for each exit tab and guide sign that changes. :)
Map your cumulative highway travel
Clinched Highway Mapping
http://cmap.m-plex.com/

florida

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on August 27, 2009, 10:24:54 PM
Quote from: Bryant5493 on August 27, 2009, 10:18:08 PM

There is a one mention for I-95 @ the Heckscher Dr interchange going NB.
Streetview

But I don't recall any for I-295 on FL-9A and vice-versa EXCEPT @ the Duval Rd interchange on Duval Rd itself.  There are "To FL-9A" shields on the ground.

Here's the one from the Heckscher Drive interchange (all the advance signs for this exit, going NB, are in the process of being changed out)

This is SR 102 EB

The tabs on SR 9A.
So many roads...so little time.

Bryant5493

So, is the entire beltway signed at 65, or are some sections signed at 55?

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Bryant5493 on October 08, 2009, 01:30:35 PM
So, is the entire beltway signed at 65, or are some sections signed at 55?

Be well,

Bryant

Well, the last time I was on it, the only place it wasn't 65 that I could recall was @ the JTB/9A interchange since it was still under construction.  Also, the Northern I-95/I-295/FL-9A interchange is @ 55MPH right now since they are constructing that new flyover for SB I-95 to SB FL-9A.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: florida on October 08, 2009, 12:54:48 PM
Here's the one from the Heckscher Drive interchange (all the advance signs for this exit, going NB, are in the process of being changed out)

This sign has now been changed.  It also included an exit number on the BGS!  However the gore sign hasn't been changed yet.  However, the SB one was changed and it was a mistake.....  (don't have a picture of that)  They messed up and gave it the wrong number.  They gave it #42 instead of #41....  Meanwhile the BGS going SB were correct. lol.

BTW, here's a picture of the new BGS going NB that I got tonight:

xcellntbuy

Quote from: agentsteel53 on June 25, 2009, 10:34:48 PM
I could've sworn there was a 5 shield somewhere in the West Palm Beach area.  I'll see if I have a photo.

(how the Hell do you spell the contracted form of "could have"?  I am not finding a spelling that Firefox's spellcheck finds acceptable.)

FL 5 exists in Lake Worth and West Palm Beach as a north-south alternate route to the immediate east of US 1.

florida

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on October 21, 2009, 08:54:15 PM
This sign has now been changed.  It also included an exit number on the BGS!  However the gore sign hasn't been changed yet.  However, the SB one was changed and it was a mistake.....  (don't have a picture of that)  They messed up and gave it the wrong number.  They gave it #42 instead of #41....  Meanwhile the BGS going SB were correct. lol.

That was quick! They were off on the side of the highway when I took that photo. Watch them replace the whole thing again when I-295 gets signed because they won't green-out SR 9A.
So many roads...so little time.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: florida on October 22, 2009, 10:09:56 PM

That was quick! They were off on the side of the highway when I took that photo. Watch them replace the whole thing again when I-295 gets signed because they won't green-out SR 9A.

They have several greened out signs waiting for the FL-9A part to be taken off along I-95 itself to show I-295.  I'll post some pictures of those later today or tomorrow.

rickmastfan67

BTW, here's a picture of the new BGS going NB that I got tonight:

You know, I don't know why I didn't pick up on this before, but FDOT gave this exit the wrong number.  I clearly remember that this was suppose to be Exit #42 (the #42 was painted on the pavement in 2007), not #41.  So, the gore sign going SB was correct, and the BGS's are wrong.  The #42 matches up with the PDF that flaroadgeek sent me.  Seems like it's time for another e-mail to FDOT if somebody else doesn't want to do it before me. :pan: :banghead:

FLRoads

I will send an email to the guy today. I still have his contact information. I also vaguely remember the number #42 painted on the pavement at that interchange. I'll let you know what response (if any) I get!

FLRoads

I received an answer today from the FDOT representative, and he said that his revised map shows that Exit 41 is the correct number for the interchange.

rickmastfan67

Alright.  You should then tell him to double check the number on the SB Exit Gore sign, since it had the #42 on it when I was last there.

FLRoads

He said he was going to send my email off to another person in their traffic operations section as a second verification to the exit number. If we had some pictures of the gore sign (and other signs besides what has already been posted) I could send those to him as evidence. Perhaps the gore sign has been corrected??

rickmastfan67

Quote from: flaroadgeek on November 13, 2009, 07:05:27 PM
He said he was going to send my email off to another person in their traffic operations section as a second verification to the exit number. If we had some pictures of the gore sign (and other signs besides what has already been posted) I could send those to him as evidence. Perhaps the gore sign has been corrected??

Well, I was only able to see the gore sign by looking backwards since that was my only time on FL-9A during my recent trip down to Jacksonville.  Was only able to stay a few days and the next day I had to head back home and didn't have time to go get a shot of it before leaving.

However, I did notice something @ the I-10/I-95 interchange that surely has to be a mistake.  I'll get that stuff posted later in the main Florida thread.

FLRoads

I would like to see what you spotted at the I-10/I-95 interchange.

I may just have to take a weekend trip over to Jacksonville to see the beltway again, and get some updated photos... :-P

rickmastfan67

FLRoads

rickmastfan67

Quote from: flaroadgeek on November 13, 2009, 07:05:27 PM

Just was wondering, any update on this?  And if you want to forward along the stuff about US-17 and FL-228 that I had pictures of @ the I-95/I-10 to them, I have no problems.

FLRoads

No, I have not received any new messages as of this afternoon. With all the stuff going on as of late, I completely forgot about this!! If I remember after the holiday I will send off those pictures to see if DOT has an explanation for those signs!! I may need reminding as I am getting older!!! haha

rickmastfan67

Just curious, any responce back yet?  I want to submit an update to the Future I-295 @ CHM, but only if that exit is indeed suppose to be #41 and not #42. :)

FLRoads

I have not received any more emails from that guy. I would go ahead and do your update and label that as Exit 41 and not Exit 42 :)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.