AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I-391 Chicopee to Holyoke sign update  (Read 315 times)

roadman

• Last Login: February 20, 2020, 05:10:10 PM
I-391 Chicopee to Holyoke sign update
« on: January 16, 2020, 10:38:01 AM »

On December 7th, a project (MassDOT Project # 608575) was advertised to replace and update the signs and most structures on I-391 between I-91 in Chicopee and the end of the freeway at Commercial Street in Holyoke.

Of special note is that this project will also replace the 'orphan' button copy signs and structures on MA 33 in Holyoke and South Hadley.

The bid opening is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14th at 2 pm.  Bid documents are not yet available.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

The Ghostbuster

• Last Login: February 19, 2020, 06:55:45 PM
Re: I-391 Chicopee to Holyoke sign update
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 03:44:09 PM »

Are the new signs going to maintain the existing exit numbers, since it has already been determined that the DOT will not change them in the upcoming sequential-to-mileage-based exit renumbering plan?

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 05:10:04 PM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 01:05:13 AM »

On December 7th, a project (MassDOT Project # 608575) was advertised to replace and update the signs and most structures on I-391 between I-91 in Chicopee and the end of the freeway at Commercial Street in Holyoke.

Of special note is that this project will also replace the 'orphan' button copy signs and structures on MA 33 in Holyoke and South Hadley.

The bid opening is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14th at 2 pm.  Bid documents are not yet available.
That leaves us nearly 3 months to break in and steal them.

roadman

• Last Login: February 20, 2020, 05:10:10 PM
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2020, 09:23:00 AM »

Are the new signs going to maintain the existing exit numbers, since it has already been determined that the DOT will not change them in the upcoming sequential-to-mileage-based exit renumbering plan?

That is correct.  New signs will use the current exit numbers.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

RobbieL2415

• Last Login: February 21, 2020, 07:41:47 PM
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 11:32:04 PM »

Could they also resurface it?  It's in rough shape.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.