News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Airport roadways

Started by empirestate, August 04, 2014, 07:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeffy

Quote from: Pete from Boston on October 02, 2014, 01:47:17 AM
Newark Airport is among the busiest airports in the country, and it's in Newark.  As a matter of fact, the airport might actually be the nicest part of Newark.

I thought the Airport was both in Newark AND Elizabeth? Also, from what I've heard, the Ironbound district of Newark, along with the Downtown area seem to be the "nice" parts of Newark.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

jakeroot

Quote from: english si on October 02, 2014, 08:01:37 AM
Gatwick's is very, very simple. And while Norwegian Air have made it a hub for their low-cost operations, most passengers aren't changing planes there. This airport is busier than Newark and yet the road network is two sets of two (arrivals and departures) one-way loops off a roundabout on a link road to the motorway (and the diverted A23): one for each terminal. OK, there's turn off for short- and long-stay car parks, and the GSJ between the Airport Way and the A23, but it's simple, not over-powered and works well most of the time.

Speaking of parking lots, the parking lot for the rental car pick-up/drop-off has the tightest, and most narrow loop I have ever driven on. We thought for sure we were gonna scrape the side of the car. And then, when we finally reached our floor, it was an extremely tight right turn, and again, we thought we were gonna scrape the side of the car. Fortunately, again, we didn't (though we had full insurance coverage; we could have just drove the car straight through a wall and threw the keys into the return slot and said "DONE" and we would have been covered).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.