AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What Vehicle is more entitled on the Road  (Read 2517 times)

kphoger

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 04:52:36 PM
Re: What Vehicle is more entitled on the Road
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2018, 03:57:57 PM »

The most people that drive ATVs thru the cities would be Minority’s like myself, because we don’t have any farm land to ride on otherwise, we wouldn’t be in the city.

Plenty of people own ATVs but no farmland.  They just plop the ATV on a trailer whenever they want to go on an excursion and tow it behind their car.  But what if that car is at the mechanic, or your spouse took it to work, or whatever...  It would be a useful vehicle to go drop something off at the post office or grab a couple of groceries you forgot over the week-end.  I see people in Mexico drive around town on ATVs probably every time I'm down there.
I think a bicycle or a Vespa or something that was designed to be driven on paved city streets would be even more useful, but point taken, any of these would be better than a car.

In my admittedly uneducated estimation, an ATV sure seems safer than a moped around town.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.

abefroman329

• Old fat fucks ruin everything.

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 10:36:30 PM
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2018, 04:18:15 PM »

The most people that drive ATVs thru the cities would be Minority’s like myself, because we don’t have any farm land to ride on otherwise, we wouldn’t be in the city.

Plenty of people own ATVs but no farmland.  They just plop the ATV on a trailer whenever they want to go on an excursion and tow it behind their car.  But what if that car is at the mechanic, or your spouse took it to work, or whatever...  It would be a useful vehicle to go drop something off at the post office or grab a couple of groceries you forgot over the week-end.  I see people in Mexico drive around town on ATVs probably every time I'm down there.
I think a bicycle or a Vespa or something that was designed to be driven on paved city streets would be even more useful, but point taken, any of these would be better than a car.

In my admittedly uneducated estimation, an ATV sure seems safer than a moped around town.
In mine, (a) it seems inefficient to drive an ATV on paved roads and (b) a moped or bicycle seem nimbler than an ATV.

cjk374

• The road less travelled is well worn under my feet

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 10:12:58 PM
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2018, 04:46:48 PM »

ATVs are not allowed on the roads here unless the have blinkers, brake- & headlights, seatbelts or helmets as is deemed appropriate, & is licensed with a tag/sticker plate.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

abefroman329

« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2018, 05:31:09 PM »

I really assumed ATVs were primarily driven on private land or rights-of-way or, at most, a public beach.

Sykotyk

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 03:06:58 AM
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2018, 02:02:48 AM »

Not one person brought up golf carts?

They're legal, and plated, on Kelleys Island in Ohio.

Rented one on my trip there years ago to drive around the island. Cheaper than taking your car as the per-day rental is cheap, and walking into the ferry so much faster than waiting to get your car on.

abefroman329

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2018, 09:04:12 AM »

I try to stay away from places where golf carts are the primary mode of transit.

sparker

• Last Login: December 13, 2018, 11:01:16 PM
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2018, 04:21:40 PM »

I try to stay away from places where golf carts are the primary mode of transit.

Then you'll want to avoid a whole swath of FL from Ft. Lauderdale up the Turnpike to past Orlando.  Cart Central!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.