News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Two US routes in same state junction two states away

Started by roadman65, September 21, 2014, 03:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I was noticing that both US 1 and US 40 are both US routes that enter New Jersey.  Yet the two routes do not intersect in that state nor in the Garden State's neighboring states either.

I know we had a thread once before where we came up with two interstates that pass through the same state that do not interchange in that particular state, and many of us can name countless US routes that visit a particular state that intersect in the very next state; but we never had one another state between the junction and the common state.

In the case of US 1 and US 40 in NJ, between both NJ and MD where the two routes cross paths, both routes transit two completely different states.  Plus NJ and MD do not geographically touch either as they are both locked out from borders.

Even with US 1 and both US 6 and US 44 in New York in where US 1 intersects both E-W routes two states away in Rhode Island you have the common denominator of Connecticut where all three US routes transit between both the Empire and Ocean States.

Can anyone find an instance exactly like the situation between US 1 and US 40?  I find many same state routes that intersect several states away like US 1 and US 6, but always share the same states in between.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hotdogPi

I'm not completely sure what you're saying, but if I understand it correctly, US 1 and US 4 would also qualify.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

pianocello

Southbound US 71 could be used in a couple examples: US 54, US 60, and US 69. If including Interstate and former routes, I-40, I-44 and old US 66 work as well.

(of course, this is only true if we assume that the centerline of US-71 in Texarkana is directly on top of the Texas-Arkansas border.)
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

CentralPAGal

If I understood correctly, US 15 and US 522 (PA and VA)

Edit: Scratch that, think I misunderstood. How about US 11 and US 19?
Clinched:
I: 83, 97, 176, 180 (PA), 270 (MD), 283, 395 (MD), 470 (OH-WV), 471, 795 (MD)
Traveled:
I: 70, 71, 75, 76 (E), 78, 79, 80, 81, 86 (E), 95, 99, 270 (OH), 275 (KY-IN-OH), 376, 495 (MD-VA), 579, 595 (MD), 695 (MD)
US: 1, 9, 11, 13, 15, 22, 25, 30, 40, 42, 50, 113, 119, 127, 209, 220, 222, 301

dgolub

Does it count if one of them skips a state?  US 6 and US 202 are both in Massachusetts with no junction, only US 6 goes through Rhode Island, and then they meet in Connecticut near the New York border.

roadman65

Quote from: dgolub on September 21, 2014, 08:06:36 PM
Does it count if one of them skips a state?  US 6 and US 202 are both in Massachusetts with no junction, only US 6 goes through Rhode Island, and then they meet in Connecticut near the New York border.
Actually no as only one route does like you said.

Good find though.

1 has one better than my OP as he found US 1 and US 4.  Both routes enter New York, for US 4 it has Vermont in between its state of junction (NH) and the Empire State, and US 1 passes through 3 whole states between the Granite State and NYS.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hbelkins

US 60 and US 460.

Intersect in Kentucky, pass through but do not intersect in West Virginia, intersect in Virginia.

US 27 and US 127.

Intersect in Tennessee, pass through but do not intersect in Kentucky, intersect in Ohio.

Quote from: CentralPAguy on September 21, 2014, 07:44:07 PM
Edit: Scratch that, think I misunderstood. How about US 11 and US 19?

No. They only intersect in Virginia. (Not counting the US 11E/US 19 concurrency in Tennessee, but Tennessee and Virginia are border states.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.