Beardstown, IL US 67 bridge 15-ton weight limit

Started by Lyon Wonder, November 19, 2014, 09:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyon Wonder

I heard IDOT has imposed a 15-ton weight limit on the US 67 Beardstown bridge that crosses over the Illinois River, which also makes the US 67 corridor less viable for truckers who wish to drive between the metro st louis area and the quad cities. I guess truckers will take I-55 to I-155 and I-74 if they have to travel from the st louis area to the quad cities. Maybe the weight restrictions will persuade politicians to appropriate funding for the proposed tied-arch replacement bridge.

http://www.truckingboards.com/forum/drivers-lounge/111224-new-bridge-restriction-beardstown-il.html

People in Cass county are concerned about truckers using IL-78 as a detour, and as well truckers using the IL-104 bridge at Meredosia as a detour too. 

http://wlds.com/news/dosh-to-see-more-truck-traffic-after-beardstown-bridge-limit-imposed/

pianocello

I can't picture too much long-distance truck traffic on this corridor in the first place. From the Quad Cities to St. Louis, my preferred route would be I-74-155-55 anyway. It's 15 minutes quicker (per the Goog), and it's high-speed all the way.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

NE2

Quote from: pianocello on November 19, 2014, 11:44:05 PM
I can't picture too much long-distance truck traffic on this corridor in the first place. From the Quad Cities to St. Louis, my preferred route would be I-74-155-55 anyway. It's 15 minutes quicker (per the Goog), and it's high-speed all the way.
There's also almost no difference in distance if you follow the four-lane US 34 from Monmouth to Galesburg. US 67 probably gets mostly traffic to the smaller cities in between.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Lyon Wonder

Quote from: pianocello on November 19, 2014, 11:44:05 PM

True since the interstate routes are entirely limited access with higher speed limits.  Though IDOT is slowly upgrading US 67 from IL-255 at Godfrey to US 34 at Mommouth into a 4-lane divided highway. 

74-155-55 is about 26 Miles longer from Monmouth last time I tried it.
The money is going into the Macomb bypass not a needed bridge anyone made fun of that project ? I have not been around recently. Quinn announced it just before he was soundly defeated

Weight limit is lifted for now. It will require monitoring and there may be some more possible closures . No oversize loads though

Sykotyk

Beardstown has a huge Cargill slaughterhouse in town. So, I'm sure a lot of trucks in and around the area are delivering the livestock or hauling out the finished product.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.