AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Dallas: Bids opened for elimination of South Central Expressway freeway (US 175)  (Read 3234 times)

Verlanka

• Last Login: Today at 05:47:46 AM

Google Maps now shows the eastbound ramp, but as of right now it won't give directions on it.
Why not just close the ramp?

Flint1979

• Last Login: April 09, 2020, 08:51:14 PM

That east bound curve on US 175 is the worst section of freeway in the DFW area. Good riddance!

I believe it was first built as a US 75 freeway which was a precursor to I-45. The southern extension is now SH 310. It makes you wonder if it was ever signed as I-45 before the modern I-45 opened to traffic.

US 175 has a 20 mph curve for through traffic, something like that doesn't belong on a mainline freeway.

The imagery on Google Earth is dated 9/8/2019 and you can see the project almost completed. But they don't seem to have widened I-45 beyond its existing six lanes. So there are basically twelve lanes of traffic merging into six at that location.
Heck I-75 has an exit to itself with a 25 mph curve in Detroit.

debragga

• Last Login: April 09, 2020, 07:30:42 PM

That east bound curve on US 175 is the worst section of freeway in the DFW area. Good riddance!

I believe it was first built as a US 75 freeway which was a precursor to I-45. The southern extension is now SH 310. It makes you wonder if it was ever signed as I-45 before the modern I-45 opened to traffic.

US 175 has a 20 mph curve for through traffic, something like that doesn't belong on a mainline freeway.

The imagery on Google Earth is dated 9/8/2019 and you can see the project almost completed. But they don't seem to have widened I-45 beyond its existing six lanes. So there are basically twelve lanes of traffic merging into six at that location.
This isn't an exit, it's the mainline.

Flint1979

• Last Login: April 09, 2020, 08:51:14 PM

So is I-75 in this case. It has to run through an exit instead of a curve to stay on the mainline. The reason is because it switches freeways going from the Chrysler Freeway north of downtown to the Fisher Freeway south of downtown.

debragga

• Last Login: April 09, 2020, 07:30:42 PM

So is I-75 in this case. It has to run through an exit instead of a curve to stay on the mainline. The reason is because it switches freeways going from the Chrysler Freeway north of downtown to the Fisher Freeway south of downtown.
k

yakra

• Last Login: March 22, 2020, 08:12:47 PM

What's the exit number for the new connector from I-45 south?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Chris

• International road enthusiast

• Last Login: Today at 04:33:21 AM
    • Flickr

Exit 282:

-- US 175 --

• Location: Somewhere between north-central and east-central TX
  • Last Login: April 08, 2020, 02:47:51 PM

New update::::
Just got an email earlier today from one of the local traffic reporters, who heard from a TxDOT spokesperson, who said westbound US 175 should open to I-45 by mid-April. That could change if weather is an issue in-between; at the latest, it would be May before all is fully done.

In_Correct

• Last Login: April 09, 2020, 09:56:09 PM

I promise you. It will rain.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.