News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Chicago Cubs Win the 2015 World Series!

Started by Henry, December 11, 2014, 11:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 41

KC is now 1 win away from winning the WS.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

CNGL-Leudimin

Go Royals! Don't let the Mets win the World Series, as they swept Cubs away from the Back to the Future prophecy! I don't believe on the Curse of the Billy Goat, and if such curse was ever in place it most likely was broken when the Alanland thread got sealed, so Cubs might win a World Series soon (perhaps even before 2020).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Billy F 1988

It's time the Royals give the Mets a taste of their medicine that they dished to the Cubs in the NLCS! I was so looking for KC and Chicago to meet...until the so-called "knights of Gotham" stepped in and had to ruin the Cubs' fun! Thanks Steve Levy!
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Henry

And finally, the Royals win the World Series, 30 years after their last. Chicagoans should thank them for beating the team that denied the Cubs their appearance in the Fall Classic.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

US 41

At least my second favorite team won the World Series. I'm wondering if I'll ever see the Reds win it all. Oh and I fixed the subject title.  :D
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Desert Man

Again, the Cubs and White Sox are leading their respective leagues, will this be the year of an all-Chicago world series, this time the Cubs finally win? So far, the Red Sox (AL) and Dodgers (NL) are just as good, and may be the Nationals (NL) and a random AL West team (please be the Angels) could steal the Cubs or W-sox's glory.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Rothman

Red Sox's pitching's been inconsistent and outright dismal at times so far.  They're doing well now in the standings just due to having just swept an uncharacteristically pathetic Yankees team.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Desert Man on May 02, 2016, 11:13:40 AM
Again, the Cubs and White Sox are leading their respective leagues, will this be the year of an all-Chicago world series, this time the Cubs finally win? So far, the Red Sox (AL) and Dodgers (NL) are just as good, and may be the Nationals (NL) and a random AL West team (please be the Angels) could steal the Cubs or W-sox's glory.

It's Chicago Baseball. The LA Lakers have a better chance of stealing the Cubs' glory than the Cubs winning it all.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: Rothman on May 02, 2016, 12:11:35 PM
Red Sox's pitching's been inconsistent and outright dismal at times so far.  They're doing well now in the standings just due to having just swept an uncharacteristically pathetic Yankees team.

Price has been inconsistent and Buchholz has been a trainwreck.  Price will get it together but Buchholz will end up on the DL for at least a month as he does every year.  Wright has been a pleasant surprise and Porcello has been earning his keep this year.  Kimbrel is getting it together and with the Tazawa/Carson Smith/Koji setup rotation, Sox are just another starting pitcher away from being a solid contender.  White Sox series will be a good measure of where they stand.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Henry

At this point, both Chicago teams have the best records in their respective leagues, raising the possibility of a rematch from the 1906 World Series (yes, 110 years ago, when the White Sox upset the 116-win Cubs). Then again, everyone in Baltimore and Washington was hoping for an Orioles-Nationals Series in 2012 and again in 2014, but we all know how that turned out.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Desert Man

Currently in late June, the NL's Cubs and AL's Rangers have 48 wins, leading their respective leagues. This is the preview of this year's world series, but look out: the SF Giants' "every other year magic" and who knows? the Red Sox, they won 3 world titles in 12 seasons (on average every 3, except 2010).
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

Stephane Dumas

Quote from: Desert Man on June 26, 2016, 09:54:53 AM
Currently in late June, the NL's Cubs and AL's Rangers have 48 wins, leading their respective leagues. This is the preview of this year's world series, but look out: the SF Giants' "every other year magic" and who knows? the Red Sox, they won 3 world titles in 12 seasons (on average every 3, except 2010).

And who knows? After the NBA championship with the Cavaliers, Cleveland might get another one if the Indians go to the World Series.

Henry

On the flip side, the Twins and Braves have the worst record in their respective leagues in the 25th anniversary season of their epic World Series battle. (Then again, they were also in last place at the end of the 1990 season, the year before their run to the championship.)

CNGL-Leudimin

I have a feeling that since the Cleveland curse has been broken earlier this year, the Billy Goat one will follow suit. They might haven't got to accomplish the Back to the Future prophecy, but they may do it this year...
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Desert Man

The Cubbies were the best team in baseball in 2016...they're back in the post-season and let's see the curse strikes again...or this IS their year. They need to get past the Giants, probably meet the Dodgers or Nats, and finally an AL team: looks like the Rangers have a better chance than the Red Sox, Indians and Jays (who defeated the Red Sox 10-0 in the ALDS today).

hotdogPi

Quote from: Desert Man on October 06, 2016, 09:30:51 PM
The Cubbies were the best team in baseball in 2016...they're back in the post-season and let's see the curse strikes again...or this IS their year. They need to get past the Giants, probably meet the Dodgers or Nats, and finally an AL team: looks like the Rangers have a better chance than the Red Sox, Indians and Jays (who defeated the Red Sox 10-0 in the ALDS today).

Information I can find says that the Red Sox are currently down 3-4 in the 5th inning against the Indians. I can't find anything that says that the Red Sox already lost 10-0.

Also, http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-mlb-predictions/
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

74/171FAN

Quote from: 1 on October 06, 2016, 09:45:14 PM
Quote from: Desert Man on October 06, 2016, 09:30:51 PM

Information I can find says that the Red Sox are currently down 3-4 in the 5th inning against the Indians. I can't find anything that says that the Red Sox already lost 10-0.

Also, http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-mlb-predictions/

The Blue Jays beat the Rangers 10-1.  The Indians beat the Red Sox 5-4.  I will say that I am unsure if it was a good idea for the Indians to bring in Andrew Miller in the 5th inning though.

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Desert Man

Sorry for the error, I was watching TV when I posted that (LOL). Today the Cubs take on the Giants and SF's cross-state rival the LA Dodgers play the Washington Nationals.

tchafe1978

The Cubs have waited 108 years to win another World Series, what's one more?  :bigass:

kurumi

Here come the Giants (and "EYBS" ("Even year bulls__t") is now a term of affection or dismay)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

inkyatari

Quote from: kurumi on October 08, 2016, 11:36:53 AM
Here come the Giants (and "EYBS" ("Even year bulls__t") is now a term of affection or dismay)

Don't have to worry about the EYBS anymore.
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

Desert Man

well, I'm now certain time travelers from 2015 or 16 went back to 1988 or 89 to write a script for Back to the Future II, except they didn't really wanna give it away (no spoilers). The 2016 Chicago Cubs are in the series! 71 years of bad luck...and party like its 1908! No flying cars though, but hoverboards exist.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on November 01, 2015, 06:49:49 AMI don't believe on the Curse of the Billy Goat, and if such curse was ever in place it most likely was broken when the Alanland thread got sealed, so Cubs might win a World Series soon (perhaps even before 2020).

I might have broken the curse with this statement, and as result the Cubs won the World Series... the following year! I've fixed the thread title :bigass:.

74/171FAN

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on November 03, 2016, 05:03:17 AM
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on November 01, 2015, 06:49:49 AMI don't believe on the Curse of the Billy Goat, and if such curse was ever in place it most likely was broken when the Alanland thread got sealed, so Cubs might win a World Series soon (perhaps even before 2020).

I might have broken the curse with this statement, and as result the Cubs won the World Series... the following year! I've fixed the thread title :bigass:.

Actually I think only Henry or a global mod/admin can truly change it by modifying the first post of the thread.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

formulanone

We all know the Cubs didn't really win this year, but last year. After Marty stole the sports almanac, there was a precessional shift in the sporting cosmos, until the apparition of Pete Rose could mysteriously appear on television.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.