AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The next forum trivia night will take place on OCTOBER 30, 2019 at 8:15 PM Eastern.

Author Topic: Thank you HB.  (Read 459 times)

ce929wax

• Last Login: Today at 11:28:35 AM
Thank you HB.
« on: November 03, 2018, 02:45:55 PM »

I wanted to give a shout out to H.B. Elkins and his millennium highway page.  His page has been a sanctuary for me to escape while I process the grief of my grandfather passing on.   

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: Today at 03:20:17 PM
    • Millennium Highway
Re: Thank you HB.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 07:15:56 PM »

I wanted to give a shout out to H.B. Elkins and his millennium highway page.  His page has been a sanctuary for me to escape while I process the grief of my grandfather passing on.

I am sorry to hear about the death of your grandfather. My paternal grandfather died when I was two months old so I never knew him. I was a junior in high school when my maternal grandfather died, and I have great memories of going fishing with him. May you be comforted by your memories of him, and enjoy the pictures. I have a bunch more recent pics on my Flickr account that I never uploaded the links to on the website.

• UMass Lowell student

• Last Login: Today at 06:21:12 PM
    • Flickr account
Re: Thank you HB.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »

I would make one suggestion with regard to your Flickr photo album: It's not easily searchable. "450" won't display your photos of Route 450 (it returns various photo #450 on your road trips), and "Indianapolis" returns only 3 photos, even though you have many more relevant photos. The same occurs with other numbers and cities.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US ⒔50
MA ⒐2⒉40.9⒐10⒎10⒐1⒒1⒚14⒈159
NH 27, 111A(E); NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A; CT 32; VT 5A; QC 16⒉16⒌263

Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.