News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Old Fall River Rd.

Started by billtm, July 15, 2015, 02:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billtm

Quick question:
Was Old Fall River Rd. ever part of US 34? From the brief research that I've done US 34 was commissioned in 1926, but Trail Ridge Rd. wasn't built until 1932. Old Fall River Rd. was opened in 1920, but I'm not so sure it used to be US 34 because its an unpaved one-lane road. Maybe there wasn't a requirement that US highways be paved? Or maybe it used to be paved? :confused:

iBallasticwolf2

Quote from: billtm on July 15, 2015, 02:55:57 PM
Quick question:
Was Old Fall River Rd. ever part of US 34? From the brief research that I've done US 34 was commissioned in 1926, but Trail Ridge Rd. wasn't built until 1932. Old Fall River Rd. was opened in 1920, but I'm not so sure it used to be US 34 because its an unpaved one-lane road. Maybe there wasn't a requirement that US highways be paved? Or maybe it used to be paved? :confused:

I don't think US highways needed to be paved back then.
Only two things are infinite in this world, stupidity, and I-75 construction

noelbotevera

No, it wasn't quite required for US highways to be paved. A section of C-40 east of Denver, was not paved in 1987 as far as I know, and that was old US 40 before I-70 was built. A Michael Summa photo shows this; between 1987 (where Michael took a photo of a dirt trail of old US 40) and the 1960s, where I-70 was under construction but not yet completed east of Denver (I may be wrong), US 40 was not paved.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Zonie

US 183 north of Taylor, NE was the last unpaved US Route, and wasn't paved until 1967.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

billtm

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.