AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The next trivia night will be held this Wednesday, February 19th at 8:30 PM EST (that's 6:30 PM MST).  To participate enter the Chat. 

Author Topic: Delaware  (Read 331791 times)

Tonytone

• Last Login: Today at 04:21:57 AM
    • LawnCare Website
Re: Delaware
« Reply #1425 on: February 07, 2020, 11:19:28 AM »

I wondered how they were gonna do that intersection with the gas lines right there. I guess we know now. LOL.

Everything can be moved.  It's just how much money they want to spend dealing with it!

Thats very true. I wonder what cane first though, the pipes or the riverfront?!

iPhone
Working on Civil Engineer Degree/Creator of Valuez Lawn-Care

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: Today at 12:58:28 PM
« Reply #1426 on: February 07, 2020, 11:33:06 AM »

I wondered how they were gonna do that intersection with the gas lines right there. I guess we know now. LOL.

Everything can be moved.  It's just how much money they want to spend dealing with it!

Thats very true. I wonder what cane first though, the pipes or the riverfront?!

iPhone

Based on where they're located in that pic, they were probably moved to that location during a previous construction project.

They are constantly moving things around in that Waterfront area. I was there back in the mid-90's when Kanunaville was the big - and really only - player in that area.  I think it was easier to get around then because the road basically led you there, unlike today where it seems anything involves 3 or 4 turns at lights that will never be synced properly!

ixnay

• Last Login: Today at 09:53:41 AM
« Reply #1427 on: February 07, 2020, 08:31:48 PM »

Image 2 is the new bus depot for Dart, by the train station.

Looking at GSV, as recently as June 2018, the bus depot site (Walnut [US Bus. 13 NB] and Front Sts.) was home to Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise used car lots.  Where did they move to?

Also this will be an intercity bus depot, right?  Or will DART have a major presence as well?

ixnay

Tonytone

• LawnCare Website
« Reply #1428 on: February 07, 2020, 09:51:27 PM »

Looking at GSV, as recently as June 2018, the bus depot site (Walnut [US Bus. 13 NB] and Front Sts.) was home to Hertz, Avis, Budget, and Enterprise used car lots.  Where did they move to?

Also this will be an intercity bus depot, right?  Or will DART have a major presence as well?

ixnay
You know thats a good question, I have no idea where those businesses moved.

It will be the official Dart bus station & maybe even the bolt bus & Chinese bus stop as well.

I wish they would have built a connector bridge to the train station, to add connectivity.

iPhone

MASTERNC

• Last Login: February 27, 2020, 08:54:29 PM
« Reply #1429 on: February 09, 2020, 04:57:53 PM »

ixnay

They moved the rental cars to a surface lot that had been used for paid parking.  It has made parking at the station much more difficult (I had to park on the street to catch a train to a meeting and have a co-worker move my car into our office garage because all the garages were full).

Tonytone

• LawnCare Website
« Reply #1430 on: February 09, 2020, 11:13:03 PM »

ixnay

They moved the rental cars to a surface lot that had been used for paid parking.  It has made parking at the station much more difficult (I had to park on the street to catch a train to a meeting and have a co-worker move my car into our office garage because all the garages were full).
They have like 3 parking garages in front of the train station dont they? They were all full!?? Thats crazy that definitely means itís time for some skyscrapers & underground parking.

iPhone

MASTERNC

• Last Login: February 27, 2020, 08:54:29 PM
« Reply #1431 on: February 10, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »

ixnay

They have like 3 parking garages in front of the train station dont they? They were all full!?? Thats crazy that definitely means itís time for some skyscrapers & underground parking.

iPhone

One is quite small, and another is only open to monthly parkers.

ixnay

• Last Login: Today at 09:53:41 AM
« Reply #1432 on: February 19, 2020, 07:56:21 PM »

Creativity behind DelDOT VMS's has become news fodder for a Salisbury TV station (and its sister serving the Delaware beaches).

https://www.wrde.com/story/41733513/meet-the-mastermind-behind-the-deldot-message-boards

ixnay

ipeters61

• Last Login: February 27, 2020, 03:36:19 PM
    • Personal Website
« Reply #1433 on: February 25, 2020, 08:08:12 PM »

Creativity behind DelDOT VMS's has become news fodder for a Salisbury TV station (and its sister serving the Delaware beaches).

https://www.wrde.com/story/41733513/meet-the-mastermind-behind-the-deldot-message-boards

ixnay
I used to work with Scott in my old job!  He's a really good guy.  I suggested one and apparently it was put on a VMS somewhere, but I never saw it.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.