AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Virginia  (Read 788788 times)

VTGoose

• Last Login: January 24, 2020, 03:50:16 PM
Re: Virginia
« Reply #4850 on: January 23, 2020, 09:03:43 AM »

Should also have the ramp from I-81 NB pass under the ramp from 81 SB and merge in on the left so that future I-73 doesn't have a left merge. :bigass:

:confused: The existing ramp from I-581 to I-81 southbound is already in a depression with the northbound lanes passing overhead (and also the I-81 southbound to I-581 exit ramp). The parallel southbound lanes would also cross the ramps on a bridge in these concepts, so the merge would be on the right.

As planned by VDOT, the contract just awarded will retain the left merge, but require southbound through drivers to move over a lane because the outside lane will change from through to "exit only" somewhere in the stretch between exits.

As to I-73  :-D . There is no real utility to slapping signs on I-81 and I-77 (the only viable route to West Virginia) because they won't mean anything due to the big disconnect between Roanoke and North Carolina.

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 02:04:57 AM
    • Alps' Roads
Re: Virginia
« Reply #4851 on: January 24, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »

All discussion of speed limits has been merged into Speed Enforcement in Virginia

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.