AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: US 50/301(Chesapeake Bay Bridge)  (Read 44732 times)

ipeters61

• Last Login: February 15, 2020, 07:03:10 PM
    • Personal Website
Re: US 50/301(Chesapeake Bay Bridge)
« Reply #325 on: January 22, 2020, 06:35:15 PM »

^^^

Don't they lock the gates on the entrance to the US 301 rest area when it closes, and it closes up at a very early hour, like 5 or 6 p.m.?
I believe so.  I think it's open 10am-5pm or something really short.
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

SteveG1988

• Last Login: February 19, 2020, 05:40:08 PM
« Reply #326 on: February 03, 2020, 09:00:29 AM »

^^^

Don't they lock the gates on the entrance to the US 301 rest area when it closes, and it closes up at a very early hour, like 5 or 6 p.m.?

I was not aware of this, and this sucks.

I did note one error in my prior statement, There are no major truck stop chains in DE....once you turn off 95 to get onto DE1/US301. Technically you got the T/A and Flying J right over the state line in Elkton MD, so i could consider that serving DE truck traffic.

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: Today at 09:36:23 AM
« Reply #327 on: February 03, 2020, 04:18:36 PM »

^^^

I was not aware of this, and this sucks.

I did note one error in my prior statement, There are no major truck stop chains in DE....once you turn off 95 to get onto DE1/US301. Technically you got the T/A and Flying J right over the state line in Elkton MD, so i could consider that serving DE truck traffic.

And once you cross the bridge into NJ there's a few truck stops as well. 

But for trucks coming from Maryland via anything except 95, and headed on any route to PA, there are no major name truck stops anywhere thru Philly and back into NJ.

cpzilliacus

• Last Login: February 19, 2020, 07:06:20 PM
« Reply #328 on: February 04, 2020, 11:10:19 AM »

But for trucks coming from Maryland via anything except 95, and headed on any route to PA, there are no major name truck stops anywhere thru Philly and back into NJ.

There is a truck stop on U.S. 301 in Centreville, Queen Anne's County, Maryland.

There is also one off of I-97 in Millersville, Anne Arundel County, Maryland (but stopping there is a detour for trucks driving the U.S. 301 corridor and wanting to cross the Chesapeake Bay on the WPL Bridge).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

ixnay

• Last Login: Today at 09:38:28 AM
« Reply #329 on: February 04, 2020, 07:03:39 PM »

There is a truck stop on U.S. 301 in Centreville, Queen Anne's County, Maryland.

The Trailway Truck Stop at 301 and 304, just east of the interchange (S/E corner of same).

There is also one off of I-97 in Millersville, Anne Arundel County, Maryland (but stopping there is a detour for trucks driving the U.S. 301 corridor and wanting to cross the Chesapeake Bay on the WPL Bridge).

The New Transit Truck Stop, wedged between the Veterans Hwy. and I-97 itself.  S/B truckers have to overshoot it by 1/4 mile, exit at exit 10A, then turn left on Vets Hwy. and double back.

ixnay
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 07:11:42 PM by ixnay »

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.