AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: California state route 223 at California state route 58 Bakersfield-Barstow Hwy.  (Read 1482 times)

ACSCmapcollector

• Last Login: May 25, 2019, 08:53:06 PM

California state route 223 at California state route 58 Bakersfield-Barstow Hwy.

I think they need a diamond interchange at California state route 58, the Bakersfield-Barstow Highway at California state route 223, National Purple Heart Trail.  What are your comments, about this important subject?

Scott C. Presnal
Morro Bay, CA

sparker

• Last Login: July 12, 2020, 09:07:39 PM

See my comments under the "CA 58/Kramer Jct. Bypass" thread.  Thanks for paying attention to this particular situation.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:11:32 AM by sparker »

myosh_tino

• Silicon Valley Roadgeek

• Last Login: July 13, 2020, 10:08:27 PM
    • Silicon Valley Roads @ Markyville.com

Once the two bypasses have been constructed (Hinkley and Kramer Junction), this, IMO, would be the last meaningful upgrade on CA-58 between Bakersfield and Barstow.  I believe there is enough cross-traffic at this intersection to warrant at least a diamond interchange.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

kkt

• Last Login: July 13, 2020, 10:56:30 AM

Once the two bypasses have been constructed (Hinkley and Kramer Junction), this, IMO, would be the last meaningful upgrade on CA-58 between Bakersfield and Barstow.  I believe there is enough cross-traffic at this intersection to warrant at least a diamond interchange.

A trumpet would be sufficient.  Traffic to or from the north side of CA 58 would use the underpass at Bena Rd. a mile west, or they could build an overpass at Bealville Rd., about a mile east of 223.

myosh_tino

• Silicon Valley Roadgeek

• Last Login: July 13, 2020, 10:08:27 PM
    • Silicon Valley Roads @ Markyville.com

A trumpet would be sufficient.  Traffic to or from the north side of CA 58 would use the underpass at Bena Rd. a mile west, or they could build an overpass at Bealville Rd., about a mile east of 223.

IIRC, that section of CA-58 at the Bena Rd undercrossing is on a significant upgrade (heading west) so putting ramps there is not as straight-forward as it might seem.

What I would do is construct a diamond interchange at the current 58-233 intersection and grade-separate Bena Rd/Bealville Rd.  A trumpet interchange requires a larger footprint compared to a diamond.
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.