News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Where is the best place to get antique road and street maps?

Started by ACSCmapcollector, July 15, 2016, 10:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACSCmapcollector

I wonder about this...?

Where is the best place to get antique road and street maps, I have used first A) www.20centurymaps.com and Ebay.com, is there another place on the Internet to get those types of maps too for a third or fourth website?

ACSCmapcollector

Max Rockatansky

Personally I just stick to eBay since the prices on maps tend to be on the low side.  I tend to pick up a map now or then from a state I lived in when the mood strikes.  I have a really neat Phillips 66 Arizona state map from the 1960s that shows all the major US Routes (66 included) in their prime along with the Interstates starting to bubble up from construction. 

ACSCmapcollector

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 15, 2016, 10:22:53 PM
Personally I just stick to eBay since the prices on maps tend to be on the low side.  I tend to pick up a map now or then from a state I lived in when the mood strikes.  I have a really neat Phillips 66 Arizona state map from the 1960s that shows all the major US Routes (66 included) in their prime along with the Interstates starting to bubble up from construction. 

I am going to use both still, 20CenturyMaps.com and Ebay, I am also looking into Automobile Club of Southern California maps, however I have not bought any large size Road Atlases from either Rand McNally or H. M. Goshua for the 1960s or 1970s period as of yet.

ACSCmapcollector

jfs1988

Yard Sales, Outdoor Swapmeets, & Thrift Stores.

Just hope kids haven't use crayons on them.

sparker

The best place that I've found for maps of all types & ages is Metsker Maps in Seattle, WA.  New, used, whatever....they're more likely to have it than any other place I've found.  Email: sales@metskers.com; phone: (800) 727-4430. 

US 81

I've made some great finds at larger used book stores. Goodwill, once.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.