AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Where is the best place to get antique road and street maps?  (Read 1043 times)

ACSCmapcollector

• Last Login: May 25, 2019, 08:53:06 PM

I wonder about this...?

Where is the best place to get antique road and street maps, I have used first A) www.20centurymaps.com and Ebay.com, is there another place on the Internet to get those types of maps too for a third or fourth website?

ACSCmapcollector

Max Rockatansky

• Last Login: Today at 09:41:09 AM
    • Sure, Why Not? (Highway Blog Spot)
Re: Where is the best place to get antique road and street maps?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 10:22:53 PM »

Personally I just stick to eBay since the prices on maps tend to be on the low side.  I tend to pick up a map now or then from a state I lived in when the mood strikes.  I have a really neat Phillips 66 Arizona state map from the 1960s that shows all the major US Routes (66 included) in their prime along with the Interstates starting to bubble up from construction. 

ACSCmapcollector

• Last Login: May 25, 2019, 08:53:06 PM
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 10:26:46 PM »

Personally I just stick to eBay since the prices on maps tend to be on the low side.  I tend to pick up a map now or then from a state I lived in when the mood strikes.  I have a really neat Phillips 66 Arizona state map from the 1960s that shows all the major US Routes (66 included) in their prime along with the Interstates starting to bubble up from construction. 

I am going to use both still, 20CenturyMaps.com and Ebay, I am also looking into Automobile Club of Southern California maps, however I have not bought any large size Road Atlases from either Rand McNally or H. M. Goshua for the 1960s or 1970s period as of yet.

ACSCmapcollector

jfs1988

• Last Login: November 13, 2017, 04:47:25 PM
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 02:10:35 AM »

Yard Sales, Outdoor Swapmeets, & Thrift Stores.

Just hope kids haven't use crayons on them.

sparker

• Last Login: Today at 03:55:36 AM
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 02:35:48 AM »

The best place that I've found for maps of all types & ages is Metsker Maps in Seattle, WA.  New, used, whatever....they're more likely to have it than any other place I've found.  Email: sales@metskers.com; phone: (800) 727-4430. 

US 81

• Last Login: July 16, 2019, 08:17:45 PM
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 08:56:12 AM »

I've made some great finds at larger used book stores. Goodwill, once.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.