News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

UPDATE: New CONN prototype markers

Started by ctsignguy, October 23, 2009, 09:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyace

Quote from: ctsignguy on February 02, 2010, 08:54:01 PM
Well, i wont revisit it again until maybe when i take my next New England trip in May or June...I do agree...you want to keep it warm without overdoing it and alienating the support needed to make this happen....

Now, as to your prototypes....i think the biggest possible objections to two of them might be legibility.  I am not certain that Massachusetts and Rhode Island could be easily seen at distance....plus they might involve too much work in set up.

Quote from: ctsignguy on February 02, 2010, 08:54:01 PM
Rhody is a good start.  That anchor design could work better with the traditional "RI"  (not as many letters to cram into the crown)....

Quote from: papaT10932 on February 02, 2010, 03:24:15 PM

I disagree.  The RI prototype isn't any more crammed than the TN sign:

My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

wytout

Quote from: ctsignguy on February 01, 2010, 09:40:13 PM
OK, everyone

Talked for a few minutes with Jeff at ConnDOT and got an update....

Good news and bad news......

Bad news first...right now, things are on a bit of a hold due to other things going on right now...they are looking at hex sheet for full-time use on route markers and other signage, among other topics...

Good news, though...he has gotten some VERY positive feedback regarding the appearance of the mostly black 156, so at this point, i would say, while '"on the back-burner" for now, it is still alive as a future possibility....

With current economic issues, project funding, priorities, etc... I'd say the over all vibe you got from him was good.  I mean obviously the way things are right now, it's not likely to happen tomorrow.  But it's encouraging that he's been receiving good feedback on the prototype...keeps the hope alive! :)
-Chris

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.