AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Where do most of your Amazon packages come from?  (Read 193 times)

Pink Jazz

• Real Men Wear Pink

• Last Login: Today at 01:33:59 PM
Where do most of your Amazon packages come from?
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:54:58 AM »

I was wondering, which areas do most of your Amazon packages come from?

For me, besides the local fulfillment centers, I get a lot from the Inland Empire of California. I do get occasional shipments from Tracy, CA as well.

Note that if your area is served by Amazon Logistics the shipping label is marked with the fulfillment center code.

ET21

• Last Login: Today at 08:29:27 AM
Re: Where do most of your Amazon packages come from?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 11:43:37 AM »

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=19624.msg2247108#msg2247108 Topic on this

Chicagoland has a couple Amazon fulfillment centers, first one comes to mind in Romeoville. UPS and USPS does a good chunk of business with Amazon. The CACH facility I used to work at, we'd have trailers just bound for Amazon. Amazon packages would also come into our trailers bound for everywhere, my outbound mainly handled much of Illinois, some Wisconsin, Albuquerque/western Texas, Earth City MO, parts of Michigan, and northern Indiana.
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where your going, without forgetting where your from" -Chrysler 300 commercial

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-196

NIU Huskies: NCCAF MAC Conference Champions (2011, 2012, 2014)

Pink Jazz

• Real Men Wear Pink

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=19624.msg2247108#msg2247108 Topic on this

Chicagoland has a couple Amazon fulfillment centers, first one comes to mind in Romeoville. UPS and USPS does a good chunk of business with Amazon. The CACH facility I used to work at, we'd have trailers just bound for Amazon. Amazon packages would also come into our trailers bound for everywhere, my outbound mainly handled much of Illinois, some Wisconsin, Albuquerque/western Texas, Earth City MO, parts of Michigan, and northern Indiana.

This is a different topic - not about carriers, but fulfillment centers.

As a side note, I do know that one of our local fulfillment centers, PHX3, was recently reconfigured to mainly stock apparel and footwear.  Also, a new fulfillment center, TUS1, opened last fall, which mainly stocks small sortable items (although I have yet to get any shipments from there).  Most of my orders that come from the local fulfillment centers generally ship from PHX6, which stocks small and large sortable items.  The other two, PHX5 (Goodyear) and PHX7, stock non-sortable items (bulky items or items with irregular dimensions).

In the Inland Empire, I mostly get packages from the three San Bernardino fulfillment centers (ONT2, SNA7, and SNA8), Moreno Valley (ONT6), and Eastvale (SNA6).  If I buy something bulky they may either ship from Redlands (ONT9) or Rialto (SNA4).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:43:52 PM by Pink Jazz »

kphoger

• Last Login: Today at 01:43:14 PM
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 04:43:07 PM »

I almost linked to that topic as well.  In fact, I had already typed my post and everything.  But then I double-checked and realized they were not the same.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.

bing101

• Last Login: Today at 01:56:33 PM
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 04:56:58 PM »

For the Solano County and Greater Sacramento area Amazon Packages in my area comes from West Sacramento.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/07/28/amazon-warehouse-sacramento/

Sometimes my Packages from Amazon will state that they came from Las Vegas before landing in the Sacramento area.

Pink Jazz

• Real Men Wear Pink

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 05:09:29 PM »

For the Solano County and Greater Sacramento area Amazon Packages in my area comes from West Sacramento.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/07/28/amazon-warehouse-sacramento/

Sometimes my Packages from Amazon will state that they came from Las Vegas before landing in the Sacramento area.

Suprisingly, I never get packages from the Las Vegas area fulfillment centers despite being in the Phoenix area. I know the Phoenix Sortation Center is linked to specific fulfillment centers by ground, which enables the use of Amazon Logistics or the last mile arrangement with the US Postal Service without having to use Amazon Air. Other than the local fulfillment centers and the Inland Empire, I know they are also linked by ground with Tracy, CA, Sacramento, CA, San Marcos, TX, and at least one of the Fort Worth, TX fulfillment centers.

bing101

• Last Login: Today at 01:56:33 PM

Eth

• Last Login: Today at 08:50:13 AM
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2018, 08:02:52 PM »

Mine nearly always come from Lexington, KY. Occasionally it's Hebron, KY instead.

Pink Jazz

• Real Men Wear Pink

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2018, 08:28:30 PM »

Mine nearly always come from Lexington, KY. Occasionally it's Hebron, KY instead.

Note that the return address on the shipping label isn't where your package shipped from, but is the designated returns center for the package.  If your package is shipped via Amazon Logistics you can figure out which fulfillment center your package shipped from by the code on the upper right (usually three letters and a digit).  If shipped via another carrier you can generally know via the tracking info (although postal city names can be different from the actual city when shipped via USPS - for example Eastvale, CA shows up as "Mira Loma, CA" when shipped via USPS).

cjk374

• The road less travelled is well worn under my feet

• Last Login: Today at 06:52:45 AM
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »

Dallas, TX.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.