AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Georgia  (Read 378622 times)

D-Dey65

• Last Login: Today at 01:06:05 AM
Re: Georgia
« Reply #650 on: September 09, 2015, 11:01:37 AM »

Who has US 301 info? I've been struggling with a Wikipedia article on US 301 for most of the year, and I'd like some info on where it crosses the Jesup City Line. Because right now I don't think I can trust Google Street View's version of the city limits.

lordsutch

• Last Login: March 28, 2019, 10:31:40 AM
« Reply #651 on: September 09, 2015, 08:59:06 PM »

2010 or so? IIRC, the 85-316 interchange. c. 2008, was the last major project with the compressed font signage, and the above interchange was the first with what I call the first grade pencil look.

There have been some straggler projects that use(d) Series D. Most of the signage at the Sardis Church interchange on I-75 that opened in 2012 was Series D, except the mainline I-75 overheads that are erroneously in all-caps Series E(M) (and then got corrected with lowercase Series D letters - d'oh) and have proper tabs. Another example would be on the Truman Parkway extension in Savannah - that sign is from 2014 I think!

The plan sheets for some more recent projects that went through PE a while back also show "Georgia D" in the specs but will probably(?) end up with proper signage. A few more stragglers may sneak through.

Also, I-16 has some weird hybrids of mixed-case Series E with full-width exit headers in Series D that probably date to around the changeover period.

That said GDOT converted to FHWA-spec Series D mixed-case (with dotted i's and j's and less angular D's) from the older "Georgia D" about a decade or so ago.

Eth

• Last Login: December 09, 2019, 09:01:31 PM
« Reply #652 on: September 11, 2015, 05:36:53 PM »

I noticed something today that seemed odd. This is Peachtree Street, looking north toward 16th.

What I'm looking at here in particular is the mile marker on that lamppost over on the right. To the best of my knowledge, this part of Peachtree has not been a state highway in at least 75 years (US 19/SR 9 join Peachtree about 2 1/2 blocks downstream). So what is the mile marker referring to? Some other observations:

- One mile north of here would be somewhere between 25th and 26th Streets. This is, as I mentioned, part of SR 9, which would presumably fall under normal GDOT mileposting rules (around milepost 2.2 or so). I see no marker there, though neither do I see one at any of the locations where I would expect SR 9's first three mileposts.
- One mile south of here is roughly the intersection with 5th Street. No mile marker there either.
- There is, however, one thing that does line up: the course for the Peachtree Road Race, held annually since 1970. Mile marker 5 matches up just about exactly. But it's only posted northbound, and the race course runs southbound, so I'm skeptical even of that. (And I couldn't find a mile marker 6 in the appropriate place on 10th Street, either.)

The mile marker and the lamppost it's mounted on have both been present since at least 2010 per Street View, but don't seem to have been there in 2007 (though as blurry as 2007-era imagery is, it's hard to say).

afguy

• Last Login: December 08, 2019, 01:11:45 PM
« Reply #653 on: September 14, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »

A new interchange is coming to GA 400 and McGinnis Ferry Road...
he project includes construction of an interchange on Ga. 400 at McGinnis Ferry Road, widening Ga. 400 south from McGinnis Ferry to McFarland Parkway, widening McGinnis Ferry Road and making operational improvements at intersections along McGinnis Ferry. The proposed interchange is a Georgia Department of Transportation partnership project included in the Forsyth County transportation bond approved by county voters in 2014. It is receiving local funding through the bond as well as federal funding. Total cost is projected at $47 million with a completion date of 2020.

Three options were presented at the open house. One option leaves the interchange basically where it’s at, said Tim Allen, assistant director of the engineering department for the county. A second option moves it over to line up with Deer Field Point.

Because this will impact not only Forsyth County but surrounding cities including Milton, Alpharetta and Johns Creek, the GDOT has made this a priority project, Allen said.

“They see the regional significance of building this to improve traffic flow,” Allen said. “Ultimately it ties McGinnis Ferry Road, which will be widened in the future, back over to Sargent Road, which will complete the four lanes all the way over to I-85. This is a regional east-west connector route and it needs a direct connection, which it will have once this is built.”
http://northfulton.com/revueandnews/stories/County-seeks-input-on-new-Ga-400-interchange,80273

Tom958

• Last Login: December 09, 2019, 05:59:21 PM
« Reply #654 on: September 15, 2015, 06:55:08 AM »

A new interchange is coming to GA 400 and McGinnis Ferry Road...
“They see the regional significance of building this to improve traffic flow,” Allen said. “Ultimately it ties McGinnis Ferry Road, which will be widened in the future, back over to Sargent Road, which will complete the four lanes all the way over to I-85. This is a regional east-west connector route and it needs a direct connection, which it will have once this is built.”
http://northfulton.com/revueandnews/stories/County-seeks-input-on-new-Ga-400-interchange,80273

I don't have a dog in this fight, but... why not spend the $47m on actually widening McGinnis Ferry Road? There already are two connections with GA 400, at Windward Parkway and at McFarland Road. If by "direct" he means without having to make a turn to traverse the corridor, well, this project won't do that, either: McGinnis Ferry has a TOTSO intersection with Union Hill Road and Reagan Blvd.

I guess the answer to my rhetorical question is "because Fulton County."

Tom958

« Reply #655 on: September 15, 2015, 02:54:10 PM »

In my inbox today:

In response to your inquiry IMS000000072246 submitted on 8/4/2015 3:59:13 PM to Georgia Department of Transportation:

Mr. 958,
Thank you for contacting YOUR Georgia Department of Transportation. We received your inquiry and appreciate you writing in to us. The Department has met with the construction office and have informed the contractor to fix the issues you mentioned.

Thanks,
Customer Service Unit
Georgia DOT

GDOT District:  7          County: Dekalb

Subject Area:   Suggest a Project or Quick Fix
Your Comments:  LOCATION: I-285 northbound approaching Chamblee Tucker Road and I-85

PROBLEM:
The newly installed arrow per lane sign H341 has the split arrow over the fifth, rightmost lane instead of over the fourth lane as H345 correctly does. H341 therefore shows an incorrect lane configuration, which defeats the purpose of having APL signage. Also, there's no exit only legend warning of the upcoming dropping of the fourth lane as the Chamblee Tucker exit as there is at H345.

Also, H345's arrows are drawn in a way that makes it appear that two of 285's four lanes will be directed onto Chamblee Tucker Road. I don't see a lot that can be done with that other than giving Chamblee Tucker Road a name that's short enough to fit in the correct area of the sign. I suppose there was quite a bit of discussion about that during the design process, which makes it all the more amazing that H341 turned out as it did.

PROPOSED FIX:
Correct the abovementioned issues, and do a better job of design and pre-installation checking.

Crossposted from Erroneous Road Signs, where, to my amazement, no one said anything about it.  :hmmm:

You may remember this from a few months ago, with the two lanes of I-285 seemingly directed onto Chamblee Tucker Road:

Now it has a brother downstream, which I saw for the first time yesterday, and which I'd driven past by the time I realized how epic the fail I'd just witnessed was.  :wow: Today, it's my gift to all of you:   :clap:

Spoiler below...

The split arrow is over the fifth lane on the new sign. The fourth lane is the one that splits, as shown correctly on the previous sign.   :pan:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:57:33 PM by Tom958 »

afguy

« Reply #656 on: September 18, 2015, 09:44:59 PM »

I was over at GDOT's website today looking at the board presentations from the September meeting. Discussed at the meeting were the projects that GDOT will be letting for construction next month. A few caught my eye. First, I-516 in Savannah will finally be repaved :D. Second, GDOT plans on upgrading several interchanges along I-75 next year.
First up is the I-75/S.R. 27 interchange in Dooly County. It will involve building a new bridge for S.R. 27 over I-75, lengthening of the ramps and widening of S.R. 27. Here's a layout of the project and a link to the project page:
I-75@S.R. 27 Interchange Reconstruction-Dooly County by brandon walker, on Flickr
Project Page:http://www.dot.ga.gov/BuildSmart/Projects/Pages/TransPi.aspx?ProjectID=311665-

Second up is the I-75/Wade Green Interchange. It will be converted to a DDI.
I-75@Wade Green Road DDI-Cobb County by brandon walker, on Flickr
Concept Report:https://gtas.dot.ga.gov/0011657/Concept%20Report/0011657_CR_FEB2014.pdf

Finally is the I-75/Carbondale Road interchange. It will be rebuilt and roundabouts constructed at either end of the new bridge.
I-75@Carbondale Rd-Whitfield County by brandon walker, on Flickr
Project Page:http://www.dot.ga.gov/BuildSmart/Projects/Pages/TransPi.aspx?ProjectID=610890-

afguy

« Reply #657 on: September 20, 2015, 03:24:01 AM »

I went on another browse through GDOT's plans tonight and found a treasure trove of goodies. Mainly interchange construction plans. Most of the projects are either under construction or will be within the next year. GDOT seems to be really heavily investing in upgrading interchanges along I-75 in both South and North Georgia.
I-20@SR 388 DDI-Columbia County
GDOT plans on converting this interchange to a Diverging Diamond beginning in 2019.
I-20@S.R. 388 Diverging Diamond Interchange-Columbia County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-75@SR 215-Dooly County
GDOT is currently rebuilding the interchange. Project should be complete in 2017.
I-75@S.R. 215-Dooly County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-85@Senoia Road-Fulton County
GDOT plans on rebuilding and reconfiguring this interchange beginning in 2021.
I-85@Senoia-Fulton County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-95@SR 251-McIntosh County
GDOT is currently rebuilding this interchange. Completion is set for 2017.
I-95@S.R. 251-McIntosh County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-75@SR 7-Lowndes County
GDOT is planning to rebuild and reconfigure this interchange beginning in 2016.
I-75@S.R. 7-Lowndes County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-75@SR 122-Lowndes County
GDOT is planning to rebuild and reconfigure this interchange. No construction date has been set.
I-75@S.R. 122-Lowndes County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-85@Poplar Road
GDOT is planning to build a new interchange at Poplar Road beginning in 2016.
I-85@Poplar-Coweta County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-75@Wesley Rigdon Road-Tift County
GDOT will be rebuilding this bridge over I-75. Although no construction date has been set, its part of larger plan to rebuild and reconfigure interchanges at Brighton Road, Chula-Brookfield and Willis Still Road in Tifton County.
I-75@Wesley Rigdon Rd-Tift County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-75@Willis Still Road-Tift County
As mentioned above, this interchange reconstruction is part of a larger plan to improve the interchanges and bridges along I-75 in northern Tift County.
Willis Still Road@I-75-Tift County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-75@Brighton Road-Tift County
Currently the only project underway that is part of massive plan to rebuild interchanges and bridges in northern Tift County, this project should be complete in late 2016.
I-75@BrightonRd-Tift County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-75@Chula-Brookfield-Tift County
GDOT plans to rebuild and reconfigure this interchange.
I-75@Chula-Brookfield-Tift County by brandon walker, on Flickr

GA 400@McGinnis Ferry Rd-Forsyth County
GDOT is planning to build a new interchange at GA 400 and McGinnis Ferry Road. It will also include auxiliary lanes on 400 between Windward Pkwy and McFarland Parkway. No construction date has been set.
 GA 400@McGinnis Ferry Rd Interchange by brandon walker, on Flickr

afguy

« Reply #658 on: September 20, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »

More plans from GDOT...
I-95@Belfast Siding Road New Interchange-Bryan County
GDOT is planning to build a new interchange at Belfast Siding Rd in southern Bryan County. The new interchange would feature roundabouts at both ends of the new Belfast Siding bridge over I-95. Lighting is also included in the project. Work will begin 2018.
I-95@Belfast Siding Rd New Interchange-Bryan County by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-85@S.R. 324 New Interchange-Gwinnett County
GDOT is planning to construct a new interchange at I-85 and S.R. 324. Work will begin 2019.
I-85@S.R. 324 New Interchange-Gwinnett County by brandon walker, on Flickr

S.R. 316@S.R. 53 New Interchange-Barrow County
GDOT is planning to construct a new interchange at S.R. 316 and S.R. 53. The new interchange would feature a tight urban diamond interchange design. The new bridge over S.R. 316/U.S. 29 would also accommodate a future widening of S.R 316 from four to six lanes, plus a grade barrier separated HOV lane. Work will begin 2020.
S.R. 316/U.S. 29@S.R. 53-Barrow County by brandon walker, on Flickr

S.R. 316@ S.R. 81 New Interchange-Barrow County
GDOT is planning to construct a new interchange at the intersection of S.R. 316/U.S. 29 and S.R. 81. The proposed interchange would feature a tight urban diamond interchange design. The new bridge over S.R. 316/U.S. 29 would also accommodate a future widening of S.R 316 from four to six lanes, plus a grade barrier separated HOV lane.  Work on the interchange will begin 2019.
S.R 316/U.S. 29 at S.R. 81-Barrow County by brandon walker, on Flickr

S.R. 316@ S.R. 11 New Interchange-Barrow County
GDOT is planning to construct a new interchange at S.R. 316 and S.R. 11. The new interchange would feature a full diamond interchange design. The new bridge over S.R. 316/U.S. 29 would also accommodate a future widening of S.R 316 from four to six lanes, plus a grade barrier separated HOV lane. Work will begin 2019.
S.R. 316/U.S. 29 at SR 11-Barrow County by brandon walker, on Flickr

afguy

« Reply #659 on: September 21, 2015, 03:22:05 PM »

Here are the plans for the I-75/I-16 Interchange Improvement project in Macon. This is a four phase project that will begin in 2016 and end in 2023. It involves the rebuilding of the I-16/I-75, I-16/Spring Street, I-16/Second Street, and I-16/Coliseum Drive interchanges by adding capacity to both I-75 and I-16, improving the existing interchanges (Second Street would become a full-access interchange), and by introducing a collector-distributor (CD) road system. The CD roads are to be constructed along the eastbound and westbound lanes of I-16, as well as along the northbound and southbound lanes of I-75. These CD roads would separate the local and through traffic. Also included is neighborhood improvements to Pleasant Hill,a historically Black neighborhood in Macon. Those improvements include a new park, landscaping and streetscaping improvements.
I-75/I-16 Interchange Improvements-Macon-Bibb
Interstate 75/Interstate 16 Interchange Rebuild and Expansion by brandon walker, on Flickr

Interstate 75/Interstate 16 Interchange Rebuild and Expansion by brandon walker, on Flickr

xcellntbuy

• Location: Milledgeville, GA, the Antebellum capital (1804-1868)
  • Last Login: December 09, 2019, 11:22:09 PM
« Reply #660 on: September 21, 2015, 07:58:55 PM »

Interesting diagrams.  I do hope the longer Exit 1 ramp on eastbound Interstate 16 can handle a full two lanes of traffic that overwhelmingly turn left to drive northbound onto US 129 into northeast Macon, out toward Gray and Milledgeville.  Currently, heavy traffic waiting for the light at the end of the currently short ramp can back way up along Interstate 16 and over the river bridge.

Tom958

« Reply #661 on: September 21, 2015, 08:38:27 PM »

Wow, excellent work, afguy! Thanks!!!  :clap:

The thing that struck me about the interchange projects in the first two posts is the degree of variation between the different schemes, mostly in amount of land taken but also in use or not of roundabouts. I suppose that bigger is better to some extent, but the projects along 75 in south Georgia seem really excessive. If a tight diamond will suffice at constricted sites on 316, then why do some others, with lower traffic, have to be so huge?

This is more like it:

afguy

« Reply #662 on: September 21, 2015, 09:05:32 PM »

Thanks for the comments, it was well worth the effort to get this information from GDOT's website. I do agree with you Tom about GDOT  making the interchanges on I-75 in South Georgia big. It seems like overkill a bit, but in the end I guess it makes sense. I know through reading some of the concept reports for improving the interchanges in Tift and Dooly Counties, that GDOT wanted their to be enough room so that another lane could be added to I-75 at a future date. Also considering the fact that GDOT just got done widening I-75 a few years ago, these bridges and interchanges need to brought up to modern standards.

afguy

« Reply #663 on: September 21, 2015, 09:11:38 PM »

One more project from the GDOT files is the SR 4/15th St/MLK Blvd widening in Augusta-Richmond. This project is somewhat dear to me as I follow the redevelopment that is happening in Intown Augusta. A lot of development is  being planned or underway along this corridor in the Medical Center and Bethlehem neighborhoods, especially the area around Augusta University. SR 4 serves as a gateway  for people coming from Wrens and areas southwest of the city as well, so it was important for GDOT to upgrade this corridor. GDOT plans on widening SR 4 to a four lane boulevard with bike lanes and other pedestrian improvements. Work will begin in 2016.
S.R. 4/15th Street/MLK Blvd Widening-Augusta-Richmond County by brandon walker, on Flickr

S.R. 4/15th Street/MLK Blvd Widening-Augusta-Richmond County by brandon walker, on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 01:46:58 PM by afguy »

lordsutch

« Reply #664 on: September 21, 2015, 10:16:16 PM »

Thanks for the comments, it was well worth the effort to get this information from GDOT's website. I do agree with you Tom about GDOT  making the interchanges on I-75 in South Georgia big. It seems like overkill a bit, but in the end I guess it makes sense. I know through reading some of the concept reports for improving the interchanges in Tift and Dooly Counties, that GDOT wanted their to be enough room so that another lane could be added to I-75 at a future date. Also considering the fact that GDOT just got done widening I-75 a few years ago, these bridges and interchanges need to brought up to modern standards.

It's not like they don't have the space to do it. Along GA 316 near the proposed interchanges I believe there are more space constraints due to development that's sprung up off the mainline.

Interesting diagrams.  I do hope the longer Exit 1 ramp on eastbound Interstate 16 can handle a full two lanes of traffic that overwhelmingly turn left to drive northbound onto US 129 into northeast Macon, out toward Gray and Milledgeville.  Currently, heavy traffic waiting for the light at the end of the currently short ramp can back way up along Interstate 16 and over the river bridge.

Adding a full interchange at Second Street should reduce some of the backups, particularly if signed properly (remove the US 129 and US 80 shields from the Spring Street exit and post Second Street as TO both routes).

If people get in the habit of taking the Fall Line Freeway routing to Milledgeville instead of GA 49 or US 129+GA 22 that would help too (I'd sign GA 540 at the Coliseum Drive exit). Boosting the speed limit to 65 in most of Wilkinson County and in Baldwin County has helped somewhat, as will getting fairly easy access to downtown Milledgeville via GA 112 when the final phase opens.

afguy

« Reply #665 on: September 22, 2015, 12:15:06 AM »

You have a point about space being at a premium along 316. With all of the development occurring along 316 between Lawrenceville and Athens, I wish GDOT had built 316 as a full freeway from the start.

Switching gears, here are two diagrams I found on the Savannah Planning Commissions website for the I-16 interchange removal proposal in Downtown Savannah. Currently two alternatives are being studied and must be submitted to the FHA and GDOT for final approval.
I-16 Interchange Removal Study-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

I-16 Interchange Removal Study-Savannah by brandon walker, on Flickr

lordsutch

« Reply #666 on: September 22, 2015, 10:19:24 PM »

If they're going to remove the ramps (which I think is a good idea, when coupled with better access to Oglethorpe Ave.), why not take the opportunity to restore the street grid rather than putting in new diagonal streets that reduce the number of parcels and make it harder to build things in the reclaimed space?

afguy

« Reply #667 on: September 23, 2015, 01:03:47 AM »

I concur, especially considering one of the main reasons for removing the interchange is to increase the amount of land that can be developed on the westside of downtown. Currently, Intown Savannah is booming with infill redevelopment and that is quickly spreading west.

afguy

« Reply #668 on: September 23, 2015, 01:10:59 AM »

More diagrams! This time courtesy of GDOT and the Savannah MPO.

First up is the I-95/S.R. 21 DDI. It's currently under construction and will be done by early 2017.
 I-95@S.R. 21 Diverging Diamond Interchange-Chatham County by brandon walker, on Flickr

Next is the S.R. 204/King George Blvd grade separation project in Savannah. This project will be complete by Spring 2017.
S.R.204@KingGeorgeBlvd Interchange Project-Chatham County by brandon walker, on Flickr

Finally, here are diagrams of what the Savannah MPO wants S.R. 204 to look like from I-95 to Truman Pkwy. They want to convert it to a freeway with elevated lanes between Rio Road and the end of the Truman Pkwy.

S.R. 204 Corridor Study-Chatham County by brandon walker, on Flickr

S.R. 204 Corridor Study by brandon walker, on Flickr

codyg1985

• Last Login: December 05, 2019, 09:00:19 AM
« Reply #669 on: September 23, 2015, 08:44:39 AM »

After visiting Savannah over the weekend, I found it interesting the number of freeways that have names with no route numbers (Veterans Pkwy, Truman Pkwy, and maybe Deloach Pkwy).
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Alex

• Webmaster

• Last Login: November 16, 2019, 12:16:20 AM
    • AARoads
« Reply #670 on: September 23, 2015, 09:35:01 AM »

After visiting Savannah over the weekend, I found it interesting the number of freeways that have names with no route numbers (Veterans Pkwy, Truman Pkwy, and maybe Deloach Pkwy).

Throw Pooler Parkway into the mix too. All county built.
Truman Parkway was originally touted as the Casey Canal Parkway for the waterway it parallels. I recall reading news articles on it and Pooler Parkway around 1990 when my Dad still lived in Savannah.

afguy

« Reply #671 on: September 24, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »

One more diagram. This time the I-285/Bouldercrest Rd interchange improvement project. GDOT is planning to reconstruct the I-285/Bouldercrest Rd Interchange. The improvements planned would include a collector-distributor roadway system between the I-285/I-675 Interchange and the I-285/Bouldercrest Interchange on I-285 and a six-lane Bouldercrest Rd bridge over I-285. Work on this project would begin 2019.
I-285@Bouldercest Interchange Improvements by brandon walker, on Flickr

afguy

« Reply #672 on: September 24, 2015, 04:30:09 PM »

GDOT is conducting a study to improve Northside Drive in Atlanta between I-20 and I-75. One of the suggested improvements is a new I-20/Northside Drive interchange. Don't know if that would work.
http://www.dot.ga.gov/BS/Projects/NorthsideDr#NSDtab-6
http://www.dot.ga.gov/BuildSmart/Projects/Documents/NorthsideDrive/Improvement/ProjectOverview.pdf

afguy

« Reply #673 on: September 24, 2015, 08:58:44 PM »

Here are a few projects GDOT is currently building and planning to do in the next few years.

I-20/Panola Rd Interchange Improvement
I-20/Panola Rd Interchange Improvement by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT will make improvements to the I-20/Panola Rd interchange beginning in 2017. The improvements include a realigned and widen Panola Road bridge over I-20 and realigned and lengthened ramps. These improvements are part of a larger project to widen Panola Rd between Fairington and Snapfinger Woods Dr.

I-75 North Collector/Distributor Roadway-Clayton County
I-75 North Collector/Distributor Roadway-Clayton County by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is planning to build a collector/distributor roadway between Forest Pkwy and the I-285 interchange. The project also include modifications to the ramps at Forest Pkwy and I-285. Work will begin in 2018.

I-285@Riverside Dr Roundabouts-Fulton County
I-285@Riverside Dr Roundabouts-Fulton County by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is constructing two roundabouts and the interchange of I-285 and Riverside Drive in Sandy Springs. Work should be complete by 2018.

afguy

« Reply #674 on: September 25, 2015, 01:06:13 PM »

Here's some diagrams of future projects GDOT is planning...
S.R. 10 Loop/Athens Perimeter@U.S. 78/Lexington Rd Interchange Improvements
S.R. 10 Loop/Athens Perimeter@U.S. 78/Lexington Rd Interchange Improvements by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is planning to add a northbound entrance ramp from the Athens Perimeter to tie into the Barnett Shoals and US 78/SR 10/Lexington Road intersection. The project would construct auxiliary lanes and intersection improvements along US 78/SR 10/Lexington Road beginning construction just west of the
Oconee Street/Oak Street intersection and ending construction just east of Winterville Road. The existing northbound exit ramp and entrance ramp would remain in place in the southeast quadrant. The proposed configuration for the entrance ramps would remove the Lexington westbound to SR 10 Loop northbound left turn movement that causes significant delay on Lexington Road. Work will begin in 2021.

I-95@S.R. 144 Interchange Roundabouts-Bryan County
I-95@S.R. 144 Interchange Roundabouts-Bryan County by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is proposing to construct roundabouts at the SB and NB ramps of I-95@S.R. 144. No construction date has been set.

C.R. 1516 Grade Separation@ NS RR; inc Conley Rd and S.R. 3 Relocation
C.R. 1516 Grade Separation@ NS RR; inc Conley Rd and S.R. 3 relocation by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is currently relocating Conley Rd south on a new location to align with CW Grant Pkwy. CW Grant Pkwy/Conley Rd will then be grade separated under the Norfolk Southern Railroad. CW Grant Pkwy/Conley Rd will also be widened to 4 lanes witha 20 ft. raised median from the existing CW Grant location to I-285. The realigned Conley Rd will tie in with the existing Conley Rd at Ellery Drive. Finally, the project will relocated S.R 3/Old Dixie Hwy approx. 600 ft. east  to provide a new connecting between the existing CW Grant Pkwy and Old Dixie Hwy. All work should be complete by Summer 2018.

West Winder Bypass(Phase 3 new interchange @S.R. 316)-Barrow County
West Winder Bypass(Phase 3)-Barrow County by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is planning to build a western bypass around the City of Winder in Barrow County. The project will be split into 4 phases. The third phase, which is shown above with the other phases, involves reconstructing the intersection of Pastrick Mill Rd(relocated S.R.211) and S.R. 316 into a grade separated interchange. The new interchange will be constructed at a location south of the current intersection. Work will begin in 2020.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.