AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Videos of the newly opened tunnels on Riverside Drive in Tulsa  (Read 344 times)

bugo

• Last Login: December 16, 2018, 12:21:30 AM
    • No Frills Blog
Videos of the newly opened tunnels on Riverside Drive in Tulsa
« on: October 11, 2018, 10:27:30 PM »

I took these videos earlier today on Thursday, October 11, 2018. The first video is of me driving through the tunnels heading northbound. I started recording this video well south of the tunnels to give the viewer an idea of how the approaches to the tunnel look. The second video is of me driving south through the tunnels. It is a much shorter video and the one to view if you just want to see the tunnel quickly. This stretch of road and the $450 million Gathering Place park have drastically changed the appearance in this area since Riverside was closed for 3 years. The park is deceivingly big on the inside, and it would be easy to get lost there. Tulsa should be grateful to George Kaiser for gifting his hometown a unique world class park.

This signature has been censored by the AARoads Bureau of Morality.

kevinb1994

• Your local source of road-related information.

• Last Login: Today at 08:06:45 AM
Re: Videos of the newly opened tunnels on Riverside Drive in Tulsa
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2018, 03:47:46 AM »

Thanks for the videos! Now this would be a good fit for a Tulsa road meet.

Baloo Uriza

• Last Login: December 16, 2018, 06:04:27 PM
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »

Thanks for the videos! Now this would be a good fit for a Tulsa road meet.

Probably going to have to wait until things calm down a bit or do it by bicycle, the parking lot is at 81st and Riverside and the park shuttle's headways are almost as bad as Tulsa Transit for a trip that takes only about 0-10 minutes longer by bicycle depending on traffic (both on Riverparks East Trail and Riverside Drive) and wind direction.

bugo

• Last Login: December 16, 2018, 12:21:30 AM
    • No Frills Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 04:10:29 AM »

Traffic on Riverside hasn't been bad except for one day when I was on it at 5:30 pm. It is nearly dead after midnight. I haven't had any parking problems.

Nexus 5X

This signature has been censored by the AARoads Bureau of Morality.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.