Regional Boards > Midwest - Great Lakes

I-469/US 24 Ramp Construction

(1/12) > >>

2trailertrucker:
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that clearing has started at the I-469 /US 24 east ramp.
It looks like they will be tying the ramp straight to US 24 on the other side of the current loop ramp.

Has anyone seen the plans or timetable for this?

froggie:
https://www.in.gov/indot/3773.htm

thefarmerchris:

--- Quote from: 2trailertrucker on July 21, 2019, 03:30:50 PM ---I noticed a couple of weeks ago that clearing has started at the I-469 /US 24 east ramp.
It looks like they will be tying the ramp straight to US 24 on the other side of the current loop ramp.

Has anyone seen the plans or timetable for this?

--- End quote ---

This will hopefully be amazing when done. No more backups onto 469 North at nearly all times of day.

Any idea on if INDOT will be smart and re-sign 24 to go along the south side of 469....and maybe onto Lafayette Center Road towards Roanoke?

silverback1065:
Never going to happen. They recently rerouted it on 69 north and around the Northside of ft Wayne. The reason why that interchange looks so weird (the new one planned) is because the NW corner had a historic property they couldn't mess with. But recently it got torn down by the property owner.

tdindy88:
It would be so much better though about rerouting US 24 down Lafayette Center Road now that its four lane. Any GPS from say Huntington toward Toledo is already going to route you that way, why not just make is US 24 and make the current US 24 from Roanoke to I-69 a spur state highway, some SR x24. But I do understand, since when has Indiana been about doing the rational thing too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version