News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2020 Ohio Roadmeet - Cincinnati 3

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, August 02, 2019, 11:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

After careful consideration, it is with a heavy heart that I've discovered I can livestream on Facebook! It's quick, it's easy, it's the law!

I can't promise a livestream from this meet, but it might be feasible. But only if poo. I wanted to do it on YouTube, but the YouTube crybabies now require 1,000 subscribers.

Come May 30, you might be able to go on my Facebook page and watch the amazingness unfold live and in color! It all depends on how well my smartphone works, how many people I need to worry about at the meet, and other factors. But if I do stream it, point your pooper here...

https://www.facebook.com/bandit41073
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

hbelkins

Quote from: bandit957 on March 22, 2020, 03:46:19 PM
After careful consideration, it is with a heavy heart that I've discovered I can livestream on Facebook! It's quick, it's easy, it's the law!

I can't promise a livestream from this meet, but it might be feasible. But only if poo. I wanted to do it on YouTube, but the YouTube crybabies now require 1,000 subscribers.

Come May 30, you might be able to go on my Facebook page and watch the amazingness unfold live and in color! It all depends on how well my smartphone works, how many people I need to worry about at the meet, and other factors. But if I do stream it, point your pooper here...

https://www.facebook.com/bandit41073

Is that the function that allows for individuals to host what FB calls a "watch party?"

I've livestreamed work functions before on my work page, but never personally.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

Quote from: hbelkins on March 23, 2020, 12:18:17 PM
Is that the function that allows for individuals to host what FB calls a "watch party?"

I don't think it's the same thing, but it might be. All people really need to do is go on my Facebook page and watch it.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Now is a good time as any for Timmy to tell us what is going on with this year's edition of the Cincy Road meet.  :hmmm:

1) - Where are we meeting (assuming Buckhead will still be unavailable for us to eat at)
1a)- Bring your own food? Some other form of lunch gathering?

2) - Will we see the tour route before we arrive?
2a) - Will there be a google map of said route for GPS purposes

3) Will we be consolidating into fewer & larger vehicles, or bring your own vehicle and stay in your own vehicle (thus more of a parade)?

That's about it for what Tim (or anyone else hosting a meet) can control.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

bandit957

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 07, 2020, 12:16:19 PM
Now is a good time as any for Timmy to tell us what is going on with this year's edition of the Cincy Road meet.  :hmmm:

It's on. The main change is that I'm changing it to a picnic at Bellevue Beach Park.

I'll try to post more details in a few minutes.

bandit957

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 07, 2020, 12:16:19 PM

1) - Where are we meeting (assuming Buckhead will still be unavailable for us to eat at)
1a)- Bring your own food? Some other form of lunch gathering?

2) - Will we see the tour route before we arrive?
2a) - Will there be a google map of said route for GPS purposes

3) Will we be consolidating into fewer & larger vehicles, or bring your own vehicle and stay in your own vehicle (thus more of a parade)?

1) Bellevue Beach Park.
1a) This is a picnic, so people should bring a good picnic lunch for theirselves to enjoy.

2) I am planning on revealing this soon.
2a) There should be.

3) We'll probably be able to consolidate.

hbelkins

Kentucky's governor is dragging his feet on reopening restaurants, and there seems to be no hope of having them opened back up by the end of this month. What's Ohio doing? Are they opening back up? If so, you might want to consider a change of venue for lunch.

I presume this is "bring your own lunch" or brown-bagging it, and not a shareable potluck.

bandit957

Quote from: hbelkins on May 07, 2020, 01:55:40 PM
Kentucky's governor is dragging his feet on reopening restaurants, and there seems to be no hope of having them opened back up by the end of this month. What's Ohio doing? Are they opening back up? If so, you might want to consider a change of venue for lunch.

Ohio just announced an hour ago that restaurants will be allowed to open for indoor seating on May 21. I can't imagine they'll be allowed to be at full capacity though. It'll probably be something with a maximum capacity of 4 customers or something.

QuoteI presume this is "bring your own lunch" or brown-bagging it, and not a shareable potluck.

Yes, this is something people should bring their own lunch for, such as a good sandwich, nice salad, or big soda. They should bring extra in case of spillage.

hbelkins

Kentucky just announced an opening on May 22, with 33 percent capacity indoors, plus outdoor seating. So you could probably do Buckhead if you wanted to. Or next door at Joe's Crab Shack, which I seem to remember having outdoor seating. I also thought Buckhead had outdoor seating, but cannot remember for certain.

bandit957

Quote from: hbelkins on May 07, 2020, 05:29:33 PM
Kentucky just announced an opening on May 22, with 33 percent capacity indoors, plus outdoor seating. So you could probably do Buckhead if you wanted to. Or next door at Joe's Crab Shack, which I seem to remember having outdoor seating. I also thought Buckhead had outdoor seating, but cannot remember for certain.

Buckhead actually does have outdoor seating. I'm actually going to look into this.

bandit957

The region is reopening, and things are almost completely back to normal here - at least in the great outdoors! Everyone is out and about just like a normal spring! That means the Cincinnati roadmeet is going forward as scheduled!

But the great indoors are the only thing not back to normal, so I'm making an important change to this meet. Restaurants will be allowed to reopen, but most aren't, so I'm changing this to a picnic at Bellevue Beach Park! I think this will work out better. Who doesn't love a good picnic?

Get outdoors and get some exercise and fresh air! Have a picnic, and look at some ROADS!!!

bandit957

As this is a picnic, people will need to bring their own lunch. Sandwiches, salads, sodas, anything! You should also bring extra in case of spillage or wastage.

Also, bring a blanket or a towel! The park has picnic tables, but not gobs and gobs of them. Some of you might want to sit on a blanket or towel instead!

Last but not least, bring a raincoat. This is Cincinnati in May.

bandit957

Alps

bandit957

Quote from: Alps on May 09, 2020, 03:57:43 PM
Quote from: bandit957 on May 08, 2020, 09:31:36 PM
This is a link to a map of what I intend to be part 1 of the meet route. There's also a part 2, but it's a low priority, and we might not get to it.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/drive?state=%7B%22ids%22%3A%5B%2213SRmrbNUtUI_o9nxo_12NSfeMVVCtuSP%22%5D%2C%22action%22%3A%22open%22%2C%22userId%22%3A%22106998823544196072703%22%7D&usp=sharing
I see abandoned roads and old viaducts.

There's a couple viaducty things, and maybe some road features that aren't used much. I don't know if they're completely abandoned.

bandit957

Hot Rod Hootenanny

With the disclaimer that "Google Maps Suck" (especially when plotting out tours), I have two questions for you Tim.
1) One can not turn directly from the Western Hills Viaduct onto Spring Grove Ave. You will need to adjust your map accordingly.
2) What are you doing, with the tour, in Queensgate? It appears (to me) there are multiple turnarounds and loops that could be consolidated.  Am I missing something here?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

bandit957

The lower deck of the Western Hills Viaduct actually does go onto Spring Grove Avenue.

The itinerary will include some more details on Queensgate.

I'm not exactly sure how I'd format the itinerary. I may just list all the waypoints and stops, and describe what's there and the parking situation. I probably won't have to list every turn.

Also, a few days before the meet, I plan to release the embargoed road photos. I kept them secret because I'm afraid of highway departments destroying what's there before the meet.

hbelkins

Is there an Official Cincinnati-style Chili for this meet? It wouldn't be cool if someone showed up with Skyline, and Gold Star was the official chili of the meet, or vice versa.

bandit957

Quote from: hbelkins on May 14, 2020, 02:22:44 PM
Is there an Official Cincinnati-style Chili for this meet? It wouldn't be cool if someone showed up with Skyline, and Gold Star was the official chili of the meet, or vice versa.

It doesn't have an official chili. In my day, when I lived in Highland Heights, we had Empress Chili.

Alps

Unfortunately, most of PA is closed through June 4, meaning I wouldn't be able to get a hotel to get toward the meet and still see what I want to see. It's just not practical to attend.

bandit957

Quote from: Alps on May 18, 2020, 01:22:50 AM
Unfortunately, most of PA is closed through June 4, meaning I wouldn't be able to get a hotel to get toward the meet and still see what I want to see. It's just not practical to attend.

Stay-at-home orders are being lifted in the western two-thirds of Pennsylvania. Apparently, hotels never closed.

Alps

Quote from: bandit957 on May 18, 2020, 08:47:13 AM
Quote from: Alps on May 18, 2020, 01:22:50 AM

Stay-at-home orders are being lifted in the western two-thirds of Pennsylvania. Apparently, hotels never closed.

I need to get through red counties. I don't feel comfortable with that.

bandit957

I'm pretty sure they extended the yellow phase throughout southwestern Pennsylvania. They may actually open up eastern Pennsylvania very soon, but of course that's no guarantee.

Alps

Quote from: bandit957 on May 18, 2020, 11:58:57 AM
I'm pretty sure they extended the yellow phase throughout southwestern Pennsylvania. They may actually open up eastern Pennsylvania very soon, but of course that's no guarantee.
No, they did not and will not until June 4. Tim... if you can move your roadmeet by even ONE WEEKEND I would feel more comfortable attending. The later you can push this the better.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.