News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Indianapolis Idle Park

Started by andy3175, October 13, 2019, 11:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy3175

Piece from CBS News about Idle Park, which was constructed in the median at the 65-70 junction in Indianapolis:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/the-idle-an-oasis-in-the-midst-of-traffic-in-indianapolis/

Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

Regards,
Andy

www.aaroads.com

renegade

That's so cool!  I didn't even know that existed, and I was in Indy just a few weeks ago!
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

ilpt4u

Idle Park is just north of the south 65-70 Split/Junction

NWI_Irish96

Thanks for sharing.  My wife's family lives in Indy and I'd never heard of it.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

The Ghostbuster

When the first post said the fore-mentioned park was built in the median of the Interstates 65/70 intersection, I assumed it meant the northern junction, not the southern one. Maybe the concept should also be included at other freeway to freeway junctions (space permitting, of course).

SSR_317

I've lived in Indy for over 40 years now and didn't know about this place (though it is obviously a relatively recent development). Maybe the local TV people will now choose to do their winter storm traffic story location shots from Idle Park rather than the Fletcher Avenue grade separation just to the north. Thanks for the story link!

GCrites

The medians, design and landscapes near this park are sooooooo Indianapolis interstate.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.