News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

On-Ramp BGS

Started by Mergingtraffic, November 22, 2019, 10:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

sprjus4

Quote from: OracleUsr on December 02, 2019, 11:48:47 PM
Except at DDI's, NC normally uses no BGS for on-ramps.
This one was recently installed at the I-87 / I-440 / Poole Rd interchange in Raleigh, with the northbound being Rocky Mount. The southbound signage on the other end of the interchange does not have a control city.

Previously, it was merely a standalone I-440 shield with no control city. They could have simply put up the new I-87 shields during the signage project for the new interstate, but instead installed a full BGS at this particular location.

Other interchanges along the newly designated I-87 could have also had this BGS signage installed, but that's the only one that has Street View from after the project.

From the looks of it here, the Wendell Falls Pkwy interchange had standalone I-87 shields installed, but no BGS.

The Rolesville Rd and Smithfield Rd interchanges looks to have had something along the lines of a BGS installed judging by the positioning of the posts.

The interchange with I-440 / New Bern Ave has BGS. There's probably more in the Raleigh area and other metros.

I've never seen BGS in rural areas though.

ozarkman417

At some new or improved interchanges (in rural or suburban areas), MODOT has installed these kinds of BGSs that finally represent both directions of the freeway/expressway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.