AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules to ensure post quality. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Southwest Illinois Connector  (Read 4651 times)

edwaleni

• Last Login: November 28, 2021, 10:25:17 PM
Re: Southwest Illinois Connector
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2020, 10:40:25 PM »

They have done the engineering and land up to Pickneyville so I am sure of that section plus it is getting some funding in current plan.Another route is just going up 127 to 64 . Same distance to downtown and only 18 miles.

IL-127 makes sense south of Pickneyville, but north of it is too close to US-51 and I-57 (IMHO).

Both the Waterloo and Belleville areas have been pushing population out further on their SE routes and have already been upgraded to freeways. Seems to make sense to improve those connections from the south that way.

IDOT needs to start looking at a new outer east beltway based on IL-4 than make improvements on IL-127 north of Pickneyville.  Even the now deceased mayor of Lebanon (who was a proponent of US-50) knew that.

ilpt4u

• Last Login: Today at 12:29:55 AM
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2021, 11:02:26 PM »

Bumping up this thread…the Mayor of Murphysboro, on the Southwest Connector Task Force, posted on FB tonight that Senator Tammy Duckworth has filed for a $210Million Earmark for the Murphysboro to Pickneyville section - I assume as part of the Infrastructure bill

edwaleni

• Last Login: November 28, 2021, 10:25:17 PM
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2021, 12:06:12 AM »

Bumping up this thread…the Mayor of Murphysboro, on the Southwest Connector Task Force, posted on FB tonight that Senator Tammy Duckworth has filed for a $210Million Earmark for the Murphysboro to Pickneyville section - I assume as part of the Infrastructure bill

IDOT is in the process of awarding a $5.73 M contract to Samron Midwest Contracting Inc of Murphysboro Illinois to extend the 4-lane section of IL 13/127 north of Murphysboro. The 1. 3 mile project begins at Ava Road and ends just north of Grange Hall Road. Work includes constructing intersection improvements at IL 13/127 and Ava Rd/Kimmel Bridge Rd and at IL 13/127 and Grange Hall Road to Restricted Cross U-Turn (RCUT) Intersections, earthwork, drainage improvements and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) pavement and shoulders.

Carrie Nelsen, P.E. | Program Development Engineer

Illinois Department of Transportation | District 9

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.