News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCRoadFan

I noticed that yesterday, four games (including the win by my Chiefs) all ended with the same final score of 20-17. Do any of you know what the record might be for the most games in one day with the same final score? Yesterday has to at least be close to it, in my opinion.

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on November 07, 2022, 10:00:01 AM
Quote from: webny99 on November 15, 2021, 10:50:35 AM
-Preemptive eye roll at the "Chiefs are back!" narrative.
By saying this you quite clearly implied that you did not believe the Chiefs were back. Back to what? I have to assume Super Bowl contention. I mean, what else would it be? Back to putting ketchup on steak? Back to making state farm commercials?

It just didn't change what I thought about them, period. I thought they were a team figuring things out that hadn't looked great to that point, but still had potential to be a Super Bowl contender. That was the case before that game, and was still the case after it.

webny99

Quote from: KCRoadFan on November 07, 2022, 10:13:09 AM
I noticed that yesterday, four games (including the win by my Chiefs) all ended with the same final score of 20-17. Do any of you know what the record might be for the most games in one day with the same final score? Yesterday has to at least be close to it, in my opinion.

I would not be surprised if four games is the record, or at least ties the record. 20-17 is also the most common score in the NFL, so it was fitting.

Henry

Calling it right now: No QB will ever throw for 100,000 yards again, at least not in our lifetimes. Tom Brady stands alone on this one.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Henry on November 07, 2022, 01:54:39 PM
Calling it right now: No QB will ever throw for 100,000 yards again, at least not in our lifetimes. Tom Brady stands alone on this one.

Don't think Mahomes has a shot?

webny99

Whoa.. the Colts have fired coach Frank Reich and named former center Jeff Saturday as interim coach. One of very few instances of a team naming a head coach with zero coaching experience, although he did play in the NFL for 14 years. I saw someone suggest that Saturday is being brought in primarily as a talent evaluator.. and that actually made sense to me, so depending on how this unfolds, GM Chris Ballard could be gone as well.

Reich had a 40-33-1 record in Indy (better than Kyle Shanahan, FWIW), and was regarded as a top-10 coach entering the season. I think he's a near lock to get another head coaching job, which is not something you usually say about a coach fired midseason. Wild times in Indy!

JayhawkCO

I'm going to make my picks early this week since I'm out of town Wednesday onward. Obviously if anyone from tonight's game gets hurt, I'll probably adjust.

Falcons over Panthers
Bills over Vikings
Bears over Lions
Seahawks over Bucs
Chiefs over Jaguars
Titans over Broncos
Dolphins over Browns
Giants over Texans
Saints over Steelers
Raiders over Colts
Cowboys over Packers
Cardinals over Rams
49ers over Chargers
Eagles over Commies

webny99

Quote from: JayhawkCO on October 17, 2022, 10:38:42 AM
jayhawkco

Fork the Texans and the Saints.

While reading back through the thread and trying not to mope about my fork list, I noticed you have 10 NFC teams and only 8 AFC teams. Not sure if that was intentional.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: webny99 on November 08, 2022, 11:55:29 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on October 17, 2022, 10:38:42 AM
jayhawkco

Fork the Texans and the Saints.

While reading back through the thread and trying not to mope about my fork list, I noticed you have 10 NFC teams and only 8 AFC teams. Not sure if that was intentional.

Yeah. I know I'm going to get some wrong from the outset in the NFC and the AFC has a lot more variability. I didn't pay attention to who I had already forked necessarily as I was just kind of winging it. We'll see if my strategy pays off.

NWI_Irish96

9-4 week. Not too bad.

Falcons
Seahawks
Bills
Bears
Chiefs
Dolphins
Giants
Steelers
Titans
Colts
Cowboys
Rams
Chargers
Eagles
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

jlam

I went 9-4 last week.

Falcons 27, Panthers 24
Seahawks 26, Buccaneers 28
Vikings 20, Bills 30
Lions 27, Bears 29
Broncos 21, Titans 20
Jaguars 21, Chiefs 33
Browns 26, Dolphins 31
Texans 23, Giants 24
Saints 23, Steelers 21
Colts 17, Raiders 24
Cowboys 28, Packers 24
Cardinals 23, Rams 28
Chargers 22, 49ers 27
Commanders 21, Eagles 31

thspfc

My best week of the season at 11-2 has me finally back over .500. 69-63-1.

Falcons 27, Panthers 9
Buccaneers 23, Seahawks 21
Bears 31, Lions 30
Dolphins 26, Browns 23
Bills 33, Vikings 17
Giants 23, Texans 20
Chiefs 42, Jaguars 24
Saints 27, Steelers 10
Raiders 28, Colts 23
Rams 22, Cardinals 14
Cowboys 24, Packers 20
49ers 19, Chargers 16
Eagles 30, Commanders 21

Waiting to see who plays QB for the Titans. It might not matter that much since I don't think either team is going to be successful throwing the ball in this game. But if Tannehill plays, the Titans will at least have hope of completing a pass once in a while, same can't be said of Willis at this point.

Edit: Titans 19, Broncos 13

webny99

thspfc

Tampa outrushes Seattle 161-39 👀

JayhawkCO

Vikings vs. Bills = Best regular season game of all time?

thspfc

Quote from: JayhawkCO on November 13, 2022, 06:38:37 PM
Chargers/Raiders week 18 last year. That 4th quarter + overtime was the most captivating hour (actually it might have been two hours) of sports I've ever seen, and I don't think it will be topped.

Ted$8roadFan

Game of the year at any rate.

epzik8

Chiefs-Rams 2018...
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Ted$8roadFan

Josh McDaniels and the Raiders lost 25-20 to completely inexperienced and yet oddly compelling storyline known as Jeff Saturday. A bit of revenge for the Colts (being left at the altar in 2018) and another chop to the Belichick coaching tree.

webny99

17 point leads are not what they used to be. The Raiders have blown 3 this season, and the Bills did today and it's not even a top-5 storyline coming out of the game.

With that said... I wouldn't vote for Vikings-Bills as the best regular season game ever. It was such a choke job by the Bills that it would be like ranking the 28-3 Super Bowl as the best ever. You can make the case for it, but it's not what I'd pick personally. Also, Raiders-Chargers from last season >>>.

webny99

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on November 13, 2022, 07:27:47 PM
Josh McDaniels and the Raiders lost 25-20 to completely inexperienced and yet oddly compelling storyline known as Jeff Saturday. A bit of revenge for the Colts (being left at the altar in 2018) and another chop to the Belichick coaching tree.

That is brutal for the Raiders and especially for McDaniels. To fall to 2-7 against a team that's in total chaos with an interim coach off the street - the same team that you passed up a few years ago - is about as bad as it gets. Their playoff odds are down to 1% per FiveThirtyEight, and that might be generous.

thspfc

Brutal loss for the Cowboys, mostly at the fault of the defense. Way too many big plays. Run defense has not existed the last couple weeks. People are gonna rip on the choice to go for it on 4th and 3 at the 35 in overtime. The feeling I got was that anything short of a touchdown on that drive meant a loss, or tie at best if the 53 yarder was made (on a horrible playing surface), because of how useless the Dallas defense was.

Flashbacks to the Raiders game last year. They won four in a row following that one. Giants on Thanksgiving is shaping up to be a huge game, as is @ Minnesota next week. 6-5 with three straight losses would make things real complicated. 7-4 would be comfortably in playoff position, especially if the win is against the Giants.

Speaking of the Raiders? 😬

therocket

No, though probably game of the year

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: thspfc on November 13, 2022, 08:28:05 PM
Brutal loss for the Cowboys, mostly at the fault of the defensethe referees bailing Aaron Rodgers out like they always do by not calling defensive PI in overtime.

Fixed.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.