News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The coronavirus is destroying everything

Started by thspfc, March 12, 2020, 07:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: kphoger on August 26, 2020, 12:33:24 PM
Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 11:57:01 AM
What problem? Do you expect people's best childhood memories to be sitting in a class, learining about the mitochondria of the cell?

Yes.

Well, if they're science nerds, then probably discoveries under the microscope or chemistry experiments or something.  If they're math nerds, then memories related to math.  If English lit fans, then acting out a Shakespeare play.  If music nuts, then a concert or other performance.  And so on.  Personally, my favorite childhood school memories were of academic bowls.

And, if none of those, then perhaps the friendships developed during class or a favorite teacher or something else tangentially related.

I had a 4.2 GPA in HS, finished 3rd in my class, and went on to get two degrees in math from Top 50 universities. My favorite memories from high school are all of sporting events. Sports allowed me to bond with kids outside of the dozen or so who were in all my honors classes.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 26, 2020, 12:41:12 PM
Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 12:37:57 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 26, 2020, 12:07:50 PM
Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 11:59:54 AM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 26, 2020, 09:09:51 AM
Quote from: 1 on August 26, 2020, 09:03:28 AM
When I was in high school, I always thought that Lexington was the best school in Massachusetts. This was because of

• Science Fair (individual competition, but you can see how many are from each school in the regionals, which I made it into one year)
  • Senior Districts and All-State (choral and instrumental music; the competition is in the audition, not the performance)
  • High School Quiz Show (the year I did it, 14 public schools qualified, and mine wasn't one of them)
  • Math Olympiad (100 individuals qualified, and I was one of them, but in Round 1, twenty advanced and I did not).

None of these have anything to do with sports.

This 100%.  I completely understand why kids find sports important.  But there are a lot of things that are just as important that do the same job of team building and problem solving while also being plenty competitive.
I understand that some people just don't get the importance of sports (and some don't even try either). But if that's your position, then don't come into the sports board. Thanks. Bye.

Obviously you failed at reading and probably need to mature up a little.

I was a high school sports letter winner.  Two of my three kids were too.  It was an important part of their high school experience, but I doubt they would say it was the most important or most memorable part.  It certainly wasn't mine.

And I most certainly don't have anything against high school sports.  It just is over-emphasized in my opinion.
I lost my respect for your opinion after this incident (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=24616.msg2413657#msg2413657), when you attacked other people in this thread over what "3di" means and doesn't mean. So who needs to "mature up a little"?

Well, you were wrong then and you're wrong now.  At least you're consistent.
Well, you were acting immature then and you're acting immature now. At least you're consistent.
(For real, imagine trying to justify an unwarranted personal attack by saying "you were wrong on this complete matter of opinion")

kphoger

Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 12:40:40 PM

What problem? Do you expect people's best childhood memories to be sitting in a class, learining about the mitochondria of the cell?

Yes.

Well, if they're science nerds, then probably discoveries under the microscope or chemistry experiments or something.  If they're math nerds, then memories related to math.  If English lit fans, then acting out a Shakespeare play.  If music nuts, then a concert or other performance.  And so on.  Personally, my favorite childhood school memories were of academic bowls.

And, if none of those, then perhaps the friendships developed during class or a favorite teacher or something else tangentially related.

And if they're athletes or sports fans? Being an athlete and being a good student is also not mutally exclusive. Overall it sounds like you just don't understand, and haven't made an attempt to either.

If they're only athletes or sports fans, then their best childhood memories probably aren't going to be from school.  But that's not a problem.  It's not our responsibility to ensure that every child's best memories are from school.  If your kid is an athlete or a sports fan, then get them doing sports outside of school.  (And if they're a music whiz, then get them doing music outside of school.  I did, and some of my best memories are from music camps, music tours, doing music in church, non-school music competitions, etc.) 

Of course being an athlete and being a good student aren't mutually exclusive.  As mentioned, it's perfectly possible to be engaged in both.  But that's doesn't mean they have to go together.

Quote from: cabiness42 on August 26, 2020, 12:46:30 PM
I had a 4.2 GPA in HS, finished 3rd in my class, and went on to get two degrees in math from Top 50 universities. My favorite memories from high school are all of sporting events. Sports allowed me to bond with kids outside of the dozen or so who were in all my honors classes.

I don't doubt it.  But doing sports outside of school would have allowed you to bond with others, in much the same way.  Again, I'm not saying team sports are bad.  I'm just saying school isn't about that, and it's not about bonding, creating memories, or whatever else either.  School is about learning subjects.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

thspfc

Quote from: kphoger on August 26, 2020, 12:54:02 PM
Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 12:40:40 PM

Yes.

And if they're athletes or sports fans? Being an athlete and being a good student is also not mutally exclusive. Overall it sounds like you just don't understand, and haven't made an attempt to either.

If they're only athletes or sports fans, then their best childhood memories probably aren't going to be from school.  But that's not a problem.  It's not our responsibility to ensure that every child's best memories are from school.  If your kid is an athlete or a sports fan, then get them doing sports outside of school.  (And if they're a music whiz, then get them doing music outside of school.  I did, and some of my best memories are from music camps, music tours, doing music in church, non-school music competitions, etc.) 

Of course being an athlete and being a good student aren't mutually exclusive.  As mentioned, it's perfectly possible to be engaged in both.  But that's doesn't mean they have to go together.

Quote from: cabiness42 on August 26, 2020, 12:46:30 PM

I don't doubt it.  But doing sports outside of school would have allowed you to bond with others, in much the same way.  Again, I'm not saying team sports are bad.  I'm just saying school isn't about that, and it's not about bonding, creating memories, or whatever else either.  School is about learning subjects.
Yeah, I get what you're saying. Sports do take a big bite out of schools' budgets. On the other hand, club sports are fun and highly competitive, no doubt, but they're also not very accesible (currently) for low-income families. If we can fix that problem, there's a real argument for the end of school-sponsored sports.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 12:46:41 PM
When I was in high school, I always thought that Lexington was the best school in Massachusetts. This was because of

• Science Fair (individual competition, but you can see how many are from each school in the regionals, which I made it into one year)
  • Senior Districts and All-State (choral and instrumental music; the competition is in the audition, not the performance)
  • High School Quiz Show (the year I did it, 14 public schools qualified, and mine wasn't one of them)
  • Math Olympiad (100 individuals qualified, and I was one of them, but in Round 1, twenty advanced and I did not).

This 100%.  I completely understand why kids find sports important.  But there are a lot of things that are just as important that do the same job of team building and problem solving while also being plenty competitive.
I understand that some people just don't get the importance of sports (and some don't even try either). But if that's your position, then don't come into the sports board. Thanks. Bye.

I was a high school sports letter winner.  Two of my three kids were too.  It was an important part of their high school experience, but I doubt they would say it was the most important or most memorable part.  It certainly wasn't mine.

And I most certainly don't have anything against high school sports.  It just is over-emphasized in my opinion.
I lost my respect for your opinion after this incident (https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=24616.msg2413657#msg2413657), when you attacked other people in this thread over what "3di" means and doesn't mean. So who needs to "mature up a little"?

Well, you were acting immature then and you're acting immature now. At least you're consistent.
(For real, imagine trying to justify an unwarranted personal attack by saying "you were wrong on this complete matter of opinion")

This from the dude who's so fragile that your initial response to me about high school sports was "But if that's your position, then don't come into the sports board. Thanks. Bye."

kphoger

Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 01:07:03 PM
On the other hand, club sports are fun and highly competitive, no doubt, but they're also not very accesible (currently) for low-income families. If we can fix that problem, there's a real argument for the end of school-sponsored sports.

Again, though, the purpose of school isn't to close income gaps.

This all started when I asked about schools (1) re-opening classes but (2) not re-opening team sports.  To me, it seems like common sense that academics should come first and that not having organized sports this year is just removing an "extra" from a student's time at school.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

thspfc

Quote from: kphoger on August 26, 2020, 02:31:40 PM
Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 01:07:03 PM
On the other hand, club sports are fun and highly competitive, no doubt, but they're also not very accesible (currently) for low-income families. If we can fix that problem, there's a real argument for the end of school-sponsored sports.

Again, though, the purpose of school isn't to close income gaps.

This all started when I asked about schools (1) re-opening classes but (2) not re-opening team sports.  To me, it seems like common sense that academics should come first and that not having organized sports this year is just removing an "extra" from a student's time at school.
You're exactly right. Sports are an extracurricular activity. Academics come first. The part I don't get is why people (not you, others in this thread) act like sports aren't important at all and should be done away with.

thspfc

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 26, 2020, 01:16:59 PM

This from the dude who's so fragile that your initial response to me about high school sports was "But if that's your position, then don't come into the sports board. Thanks. Bye."
I mean, what else am I supposed to say? If you're not interested in sports, then why would you even come to this thread? I'm not upset with you for not being interested in sports, and I wasn't upset with you for saying that "3di" exclusively refers to Interstates, because those things are your opinions. You're allowed to have them without others whining or calling you an "idiot" . But I do have an issue when you start telling me that I'm an "idiot"  because my opinion differs from yours. You're also calling me "fragile" , yet you're the one who stumbles into the sports board, says sports are overrated, and then acts surprised when people disagree.

SEWIGuy

Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 03:10:56 PM

I mean, what else am I supposed to say? If you're not interested in sports, then why would you even come to this thread? I'm not upset with you for not being interested in sports, and I wasn't upset with you for saying that "3di" exclusively refers to Interstates, because those things are your opinions. You're allowed to have them without others whining or calling you an "idiot" . But I do have an issue when you start telling me that I'm an "idiot"  because my opinion differs from yours. You're also calling me "fragile" , yet you're the one who stumbles into the sports board, says sports are overrated, and then acts surprised when people disagree.

Maybe you should spend less time on sports and more time on reading comprehension.   Where did I say that I am not interested in sports? 

I said "High school sports are fine...  But they are clearly an "add on" to the school experience and not that important overall."

So if you don't want to be called an idiot, learn to read and represent one's point correctly.  Very simple.

thspfc

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 26, 2020, 04:12:37 PM

Maybe you should spend less time on sports and more time on reading comprehension.   Where did I say that I am not interested in sports? 

I said "High school sports are fine...  But they are clearly an "add on" to the school experience and not that important overall."

So if you don't want to be called an idiot, learn to read and represent one's point correctly.  Very simple.
Ah yes, now we're venturing into ad hominem arguments regarding my intelligence.

Scott5114

The role sports play in society is on-topic for the sports board. Forum members are not allowed to exclude or gatekeep other members from threads or boards.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SEWIGuy

Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 05:16:03 PM

Ah yes, now we're venturing into ad hominem arguments regarding my intelligence.

Nope.  Again, you aren't reading correctly. 

thspfc

Quote from: SEWIGuy on August 26, 2020, 05:27:55 PM
Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 05:16:03 PM

Nope.  Again, you aren't reading correctly.
Shoot. Since my reading comprehension is so bad, would you mind pointing out to me exactly where I'm slipping up?

thspfc

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 26, 2020, 05:22:17 PM

The role sports play in society is on-topic for the sports board. Forum members are not allowed to exclude or gatekeep other members from threads or boards.
So can I go into, say, the Mass Transit board and say that mass transit is overrated and not important?

Scott5114

Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 06:40:21 PM

So can I go into, say, the Mass Transit board and say that mass transit is overrated and not important?

Sure, go right ahead. But don't expect people to take it as anything other than trolling unless you come with arguments to support your opinion.

You should note, though, that the people on the other side of the argument from you here aren't saying "sports are bad and nobody should play them" but rather "maybe public school institutions shouldn't be responsible for sports". So it would be more more like if you went into Mass Transit and said "Maybe state DOTs shouldn't be the ones to fund mass transit." And I would expect that to actually be an interesting topic of discussion.

thspfc

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 26, 2020, 07:15:02 PM
Quote from: thspfc on August 26, 2020, 06:40:21 PM

Sure, go right ahead. But don't expect people to take it as anything other than trolling unless you come with arguments to support your opinion.

You should note, though, that the people on the other side of the argument from you here aren't saying "sports are bad and nobody should play them" but rather "maybe public school institutions shouldn't be responsible for sports". So it would be more more like if you went into Mass Transit and said "Maybe state DOTs shouldn't be the ones to fund mass transit." And I would expect that to actually be an interesting topic of discussion.
I see what you mean. For the record, I definitely am not planning on trolling the mass transit board.  :-D

Scott5114

Anyway, my two cents on the topic of school-sponsored sports: holy crap, I agree with kphoger on something. :-D I went to an extremely sports-focused high school, to the point that as you roll into town on the state highway there's city-posted signage–on a state highway!–touting the 1996 state football championship, and five state championships for the cheerleaders.* During the softball playoffs you could literally buy your way out of going to class by buying tickets to go to the game. (Usually enough students would do this that "class" that day consisted of watching movies in the home ec classroom, but still.) Teachers would fudge important sports' players grades to keep them eligible. The school spent most of its budget on the football stadium and equipment.

I feel like it would be better if instead of this huge system we have now, where every school has a football team and you play against a bunch of other schools across the state to see who is the "state champion", you had the city parks department run a league where anyone of the appropriate age can sign up and gets randomly assigned to a team. Then play for a league championship. For rural areas, maybe do it on the county level, so there's still some travel involved but it's not an expensive boondoggle.

Colleges have no business being involved in sports at all. If you're good enough to play for a college team, you should be good enough to play in a minor league. There's so much money being thrown around in college sports that it's ludicrous, and the players don't receive any of that.

That being said, PE is absolutely a necessity in schools, but the PE curriculum at my school was absolutely worthless. I remember a lot of running for no stated goal, playing dodgeball, that thing with the giant parachute that didn't really accomplish much other than being fun. If we're going to include PE, it should be focused on things like how to build an effective workout routine, explanation of the different muscle groups and what they are used for, how to lift weights safely (no joke, one time in middle school they turned us loose in the football weight room with no demonstration of how to use anything or what a safe amount to attempt lifting was; it's a wonder nobody dropped a bar on their head trying a bench press), and, above all, nutrition; I had to learn myself in adulthood what the difference between carbs, fats, and protein was. That sort of thing alone would increase this nation's health substantially.

Other, non-sports activities should probably stay the school's responsibility, because a lot of them tie into education in one way or another. I naturally learned a ton of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise on the school academic team (quiz bowl). Band/orchestra should probably stay the school's responsibility too; it's hard to really learn music theory without knowing how to play an instrument. Drama/theater ties into English/literature education (I imagine you get a much better understanding of Shakespeare by re-enacting it instead of just reading it out of a book).

*At the time I was going there, the 1996 football champs sign–all-caps Series C on reflective sheeting in the school colors–was posted on the same posts as the town name sign. It was apparently later moved to a location further off the right-of-way. This sort of sign isn't entirely unusual in Oklahoma, but it's definitely more of a small-town thing. Norman's welcome signs don't say anything about Norman or Norman North championships, but rather the town motto of "We are building an inclusive community".

kurumi

^ agreed with Scott5114. PE was "pretty good" at our school; a mix of different sports and some running. But strength training, stretching, nutrition, etc. was absent, except for a "ski conditioning" course in the fall. IMO that's similar to personal finance, critical thinking, and a lot of other practical skills that don't get covered but should.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

ozarkman417

Since this is about sports affected by the coronavirus, I'll say this about high school sports:

-Fall sports are on! This includes Football, Cross Country, Volleyball, and Boy's Swimming.

-It only took a week for the volleyball team to get sent in to a three week quarantine   :no:

- I'm in cross country. The team is some 30-40 people, so it is somewhat difficult to social distance while in the building. Masks are required by city law, though they obviously aren't worn wile running. During practices, we have to group up with people with similar abilities and stick with them for the season. That way, only a small part of the team has to quarantine if someone gets COVID. Unfortunately, social distancing is poorly enforced and intermingling between groups is common. Also, I've been held at gunpoint at school for several days in a row  :bigass: .. an inaccurate temperature gun. My first meet is in two weeks, and for all I know, it could lead to disaster. Not only do you have to breathe recycled bus air, but you are competing with athletes from across the state, passing each other up in narrow courses. In fact, one meet, hosted by U of Arkansas, has schools from all over the country (Side note: event directions still say to take I-540, six years later.) but high schools outside of NWA are barred from the competition this year.

ozarkman417

Quote from: Scott5114 on August 26, 2020, 07:49:31 PM
I went to an extremely sports-focused high school, to the point that as you roll into town on the state highway there's city-posted signage–on a state highway!–touting the 1996 state football championship, and five state championships for the cheerleaders.
Mine is the exact opposite. Our varsity football hasn't won a game in five years, and they only scored two touchdowns at home games last year, despite football receiving 70% of my school's athletic budget. My school is the nerdy school, being good at quiz/math bowls and debate. You can find signs relating to a town's sporting achievements under city limit signs throughout the Ozarks. example
That being said, PE is absolutely a necessity in schools, but the PE curriculum at my school was absolutely worthless. I remember a lot of running for no stated goal, playing dodgeball, that thing with the giant parachute that didn't really accomplish much other than being fun.
That just about sums up my elementary and middle school PE classes as well. Now there is online PE, which is basically "do whatever can get you heart rate above 115 BPM, we're going to make sure you do it via a Garmin watch". Plus some online assignments basically teaching you what a healthy lifestyle should be.

EDIT: Fixed the broken link

thspfc

Anyway, my two cents on the topic of school-sponsored sports: holy crap, I agree with kphoger on something. :-D I went to an extremely sports-focused high school, to the point that as you roll into town on the state highway there's city-posted signage–on a state highway!–touting the 1996 state football championship, and five state championships for the cheerleaders.* During the softball playoffs you could literally buy your way out of going to class by buying tickets to go to the game. (Usually enough students would do this that "class" that day consisted of watching movies in the home ec classroom, but still.) Teachers would fudge important sports' players grades to keep them eligible. The school spent most of its budget on the football stadium and equipment.

I feel like it would be better if instead of this huge system we have now, where every school has a football team and you play against a bunch of other schools across the state to see who is the "state champion", you had the city parks department run a league where anyone of the appropriate age can sign up and gets randomly assigned to a team. Then play for a league championship. For rural areas, maybe do it on the county level, so there's still some travel involved but it's not an expensive boondoggle.

Colleges have no business being involved in sports at all. If you're good enough to play for a college team, you should be good enough to play in a minor league. There's so much money being thrown around in college sports that it's ludicrous, and the players don't receive any of that.

That being said, PE is absolutely a necessity in schools, but the PE curriculum at my school was absolutely worthless. I remember a lot of running for no stated goal, playing dodgeball, that thing with the giant parachute that didn't really accomplish much other than being fun. If we're going to include PE, it should be focused on things like how to build an effective workout routine, explanation of the different muscle groups and what they are used for, how to lift weights safely (no joke, one time in middle school they turned us loose in the football weight room with no demonstration of how to use anything or what a safe amount to attempt lifting was; it's a wonder nobody dropped a bar on their head trying a bench press), and, above all, nutrition; I had to learn myself in adulthood what the difference between carbs, fats, and protein was. That sort of thing alone would increase this nation's health substantially.

Other, non-sports activities should probably stay the school's responsibility, because a lot of them tie into education in one way or another. I naturally learned a ton of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise on the school academic team (quiz bowl). Band/orchestra should probably stay the school's responsibility too; it's hard to really learn music theory without knowing how to play an instrument. Drama/theater ties into English/literature education (I imagine you get a much better understanding of Shakespeare by re-enacting it instead of just reading it out of a book).

*At the time I was going there, the 1996 football champs sign–all-caps Series C on reflective sheeting in the school colors–was posted on the same posts as the town name sign. It was apparently later moved to a location further off the right-of-way. This sort of sign isn't entirely unusual in Oklahoma, but it's definitely more of a small-town thing. Norman's welcome signs don't say anything about Norman or Norman North championships, but rather the town motto of "We are building an inclusive community".
Most collegiate athletes recieve a free education. And if I was a college athlete, I wouldn't really care about extra money. The experience would make up for it.

Alps

please be civil everyone thx

kphoger

Anyway, my two cents on the topic of school-sponsored sports: holy crap, I agree with kphoger on something. :-D

This probably has to do with similar life experiences.  Read on...

I went to an extremely sports-focused high school, to the point that as you roll into town on the state highway there's city-posted signage–on a state highway!–touting the 1996 state football championship, and five state championships for the cheerleaders.* During the softball playoffs you could literally buy your way out of going to class by buying tickets to go to the game. (Usually enough students would do this that "class" that day consisted of watching movies in the home ec classroom, but still.) Teachers would fudge important sports' players grades to keep them eligible. The school spent most of its budget on the football stadium and equipment.

My family moved to rural northwest Kansas during a time when the high school football team was on a state championship winning streak.  I think they won three years in a row.  There was no such thing as men's cross country, because the school wanted to prevent potential football players from joining a different sport.  Pizza Hut shut down on Friday evening because everyone in town was at the game.  During that time (the early 1990s), it was rare for the opposing team to score more than 14 points, yet it was also rare for our team to score fewer than 60 points.  The school district specifically sought out foreign exchange students from central and eastern European countries that were known for soccer, specifically so they could recruit them to kick field goals in football games.  Pep rallies were occasionally held in the middle of the intersection in downtown.

On the way into town from the south, there was a big sign along the state highway that said "Welcome to Atwood / Where people care".  One day, someone spray-painted "about football" underneath.

When a classmate of mine was going to state for wrestling, all the students gathered outside to send him off.  When I had already won state in music, all I got was a brief announcement over the PA system.  All the sports teams had brand-new uniforms and equipment, but the music department had uniforms that our parents had worn and no budget for new instruments.

That would be awesome.  Let's not forget, either, the sports programs available through the YMCA, which often operate on a sliding scale (in cities big enough to have this as an option).

the giant parachute that didn't really accomplish much other than being fun.

:D  I remember that!

If we're going to include PE, it should be focused on things like how to build an effective workout routine, explanation of the different muscle groups and what they are used for, how to lift weights safely ... and, above all, nutrition; I had to learn myself in adulthood what the difference between carbs, fats, and protein was. That sort of thing alone would increase this nation's health substantially.

And, by all means, teach team sports.  I remember playing basketball and football a couple of times as part of PE class.  Nothing wrong with that!  It teaches teamwork and how to play the game.  That's part of education too.  But yeah, it would have been awesome to have learned in school how to build a workout routine;  that should probably be the #1 priority.

Agreed.  Learning music is part of a well-rounded education, and so is learning drama.  Similarly, learning sports is too.  That's why there are music classes and drama classes and PE classes.
Male pronouns, please.

NWI_Irish96

"School sports get far too much emphasis compared to academics and the arts"

IS NOT EQUAL TO

"School sports shouldn't exist"

There are countless kids whose lives are literally saved by school sports. They provide motivation to achieve academically and an alternative to activities that tend to lead down very dark paths. Clubs can't effectively reach kids in very poor or very rural areas in the same way schools can, especially for a sport like football. It's fine to believe that your school's football team unfairly got a bunch of attention that musicians didn't get, but that doesn't mean that there aren't plenty of kids whose lives are a lot better today because they had football in high school.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

It seems like we're not going to come to a concensus here.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.