News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Chuck E Cheese files Chapter 11

Started by roadman65, June 26, 2020, 09:11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

In_Correct

Quote from: stridentweasel on July 09, 2020, 10:17:16 AM
I wonder if Chuck E. Cheese could save itself by re-packaging its business as a pizza delivery service where they bundle Steam game coupons or streaming video coupons in with pizza orders, so people can have Chuck E. Cheese pizza parties at home.  The delivery driver could even wear the mouse costume, but they'd be legally obligated not to wear the head while driving.

How can they possibly drive in that costume? Even with the head off it is very clumsy. Also, if the costume is not cleaned as it should be, it is best to keep the windows open. If Chuck E. Cheese offered catering, they would give the mouse a chauffeur. This reduces the amount of unemployed people, but at the same time Chuck E. Cheese would need many more mice costumes. They often have difficulty maintaining the costumes they all ready have.

Unfortunately, after reading about the terrible hygiene of the children (such as mentioned in this thread as eating and playing the games with out washing their hands) , the pizzas being the worst, and even if they are not the worst ... they still tend to put uneaten slices back together and resold, numerous fights, and the filthy slides, and filthy ball pits.

... If they dual brand as Pasqually's, start catering, or both, ... they still have the history and perhaps the reputation of endless horrors.

It is best to let Chuck E. Cheese go, ... but at the very least keep "Chuck. E. Cheese Catering" completely separate from Pasqually's. So they seem to all ready be competing with pizza chains. They could do well as a pizza chain, but I would not order a "Pasqually's" Pizza from the same place that is still or even was a Chuck E. Cheese. I would not be surprised if Chuck E. Cheese lowers the property values.

"Chuck E. Cheese: The Place Where A Kid Can Catch A Cold.".

Time for me to watch Dexter's Laboratory.
Drive Safely. :sombrero: Ride Safely. And Build More Roads, Rails, And Bridges. :coffee: ... Boulevards Wear Faster Than Interstates.

qguy

Quote from: Roadrunner75 on July 09, 2020, 02:21:19 PM
Quote from: stridentweasel on July 09, 2020, 10:13:39 AM
Quote from: SectorZ on July 09, 2020, 10:02:03 AM
Quote from: stridentweasel on July 09, 2020, 08:23:31 AM
Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 08, 2020, 09:35:44 PM
Did you?
Yeah, a friend had a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese when we were all in our early 20s.  It was fun, and I thought the pizza was very not-bad!  I'd probably rate it a notch above Little Caeser's and Papa John's, on par with Domino's, and a step below Pizza Hut.
I never realized how good I have it living in New England for pizza.
I don't doubt it.  Best pizza I ever had was in Pennsylvania, second-best was in New Jersey.
We have a lot of great mom and pop pizza in the NJ/PA/NY area - You don't really need to go to the chains.  That really also applies to food in general.  As I've traveled, I was surprised how much more other areas outside the northeast rely on chains.

I'll second that. I grew up in the Scranton area and after I left the Air Force I lived in Philadelphia for over twenty years. I live now not far from it. When it comes to good pizza here it's an embarrassment of riches.

I joke that when I was in the Air Force, at some of the places I was stationed (I'm looking at you, Alamogordo, NM!) I might not have survived were it not for Domino's. Excepting the two CEC parties, though, I haven't eaten chain pizza since.

(Well there was that one time five years ago when my daughter dragged me into a Pizza Hut because she was curious about it, but we won't talk about that.)

Edited for clarity.

kkt

Bleecker Street Pizza in Greenwich Village, New York.

Scott5114

You guys must really hate these places to be mentioning them in a Chuck E. Cheese thread...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Flint1979

Quote from: kkt on July 10, 2020, 12:35:22 AM
Bleecker Street Pizza in Greenwich Village, New York.
I ate at John's Pizza on Bleecker Street several years ago.

kphoger

Quote from: In_Correct on July 09, 2020, 09:52:47 PM
Unfortunately, after reading about the terrible hygiene of the children (such as mentioned in this thread as eating and playing the games with out washing their hands) ... "Chuck E. Cheese: The Place Where A Kid Can Catch A Cold.".

Wow, you didn't realize until recently that children are unsanitary?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Ned Weasel

Quote from: In_Correct on July 09, 2020, 09:52:47 PM
Quote from: stridentweasel on July 09, 2020, 10:17:16 AM
I wonder if Chuck E. Cheese could save itself by re-packaging its business as a pizza delivery service where they bundle Steam game coupons or streaming video coupons in with pizza orders, so people can have Chuck E. Cheese pizza parties at home.  The delivery driver could even wear the mouse costume, but they'd be legally obligated not to wear the head while driving.

How can they possibly drive in that costume? Even with the head off it is very clumsy. Also, if the costume is not cleaned as it should be, it is best to keep the windows open. If Chuck E. Cheese offered catering, they would give the mouse a chauffeur. This reduces the amount of unemployed people, but at the same time Chuck E. Cheese would need many more mice costumes. They often have difficulty maintaining the costumes they all ready have.

I don't know. I guess they'd have to modify the design a bit and produce enough so each delivery person could have their own while employed.  Maybe that would be too expensive to do realistically.

Quotethey still tend to put uneaten slices back together and resold

Did that ever actually happen?
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Stephane Dumas

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.