News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Greetings from a Lifetime Roadgeek

Started by I-55, July 24, 2020, 02:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-55

Hello Forum, I'm a roadgeek from Indiana, who after reading this forum for over five years, is finally getting an account.
A little bit about me:
- I'm a college student studying civil engineering, and I hope to work at a DOT or similar agency
- I've been to 26 states (MSP airport for 26), driven in 13 states, and I was 500 feet away from driving in a 14th (GA)
- I love making geofictions, and have many hand drawn maps of fictional lands based off American roads
- I-55 is the road I've driven the most on, and the number 55 also has individual significance to me (sports and school)
- I frequently travel in the southeast, and used to travel frequently in appalachia (though I have been there recently)
- Everyone I know always asks me how to get to New York or California, which annoys me because its the same two places and only requires I-80 going east or west.
I think I'll be most active in the Midwest, Ohio Valley, and Southeast boards, I may get involved in the Mid South and General Boards if I'm more familiar with the subject matter. I'm looking forward to engaging with more of you roadgeeks in the future!
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

ozarkman417

Hello from Southwest Missouri!  :wave:

I also have been to Minnesota only because of the MSP airport.

M3100

kevinb1994

Greetings from Florida, hope you like it here.

paulthemapguy

Welcome from just over the border in Illinois!

Quote from: I-55 on July 24, 2020, 02:48:22 PM
- I love making geofictions, and have many hand drawn maps of fictional lands based off American roads
Same, been doing it since I was 6.

- I-55 is the road I've driven the most on, and the number 55 also has individual significance to me (sports and school)
I live right off of I-55 and it's one of the two major Interstates (ending in 0 or 5) I've driven from end to end.

- I'm a college student studying civil engineering, and I hope to work at a DOT or similar agency
Same, but in the future.  I have a civil engineering degree because of my desire to work with and plan roads--and I now work at a DOT.

Looks like you're in the right place.  Hope you enjoy your time here!
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

pianocello

Welcome! I was also once an Indiana-based civil engineering student, but now I'm a civil engineer in Florida.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

kevinb1994

Quote from: pianocello on July 27, 2020, 09:33:28 PM
Welcome! I was also once an Indiana-based civil engineering student, but now I'm a civil engineer in Florida.
It's the Florida Railroad engineer ;)

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

STLmapboy

Hello! I live a few miles from I-55. Hope to see you round sometime!
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

webny99

NWI_Irish96

Greetings from the far NW corner of Indiana. I've lived in Indiana most of my life, in 8 different counties, have visited every county and clinched just over 70% of the state highway grid.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Hwy 61 Revisited

And you may ask yourself, where does that highway go to?
--David Byrne

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.