Regional Boards > Northwest

Peace Arch Border Crossing Closed?

(1/4) > >>

BridgesToIdealism:
What's up with this apparent closure of Interstate 5 southbound at the Peace Arch Border Crossing?

zzcarp:
I assume it has to do with the border closings due to the vast governmental overreactions to COVID19.

ErmineNotyours:

--- Quote from: zzcarp on September 01, 2020, 08:18:21 PM ---I assume it has to do with the border closings due to the vast governmental overreactions to COVID19.

--- End quote ---

You'd have to blame this on the Canadians.  They've somehow figured out how to control the virus and they don't want any more from us.

Alps:
Despite restrictions, most borders are generally open, just selective as to who gets through. Is I-5 actually closed? Notice the parallel crossing is not so designated.

Bruce:
There are no active construction alerts from WSDOT or local news outlets, so I think this is just a mislabeling on Google's part. They do use some user-generated data for these kinds of traffic alerts, so it might be faulty.

As for the border restrictions, it's only right for Canada to restrict Americans from crossing over and spreading the virus. It's their sovereign territory and they have a duty to protect their citizens from an actual threat. It's not made any better by Americans using the "Alaska loophole" to vacation in BC and endanger communities.

On the bright side, Point Roberts now has a once-a-week ferry to help with the whole situation. Hopefully it sticks around long after COVID as an option for car-free visiting of a unique slice of the U.S.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version