Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Why does the Bay Area have so many cloverleafs?

(1/11) > >>

kernals12:
Highway engineers these days hate cloverleafs. They are seen as sources of congestion and accidents due to the weaving between vehicles entering and exiting. Many of them have been converted into Parclos on freeway arterial interchanges or into cloverstacks on freeway-freeway interchanges. But if you look at Google Maps, you see that the Bay Area still has tons of them, even at the extremely busy 880-101 interchange. So what is responsible for this situation? It seems like getting rid of them would be a fairly simple way to increase traffic capacity and safety.

Max Rockatansky:
Are you effing kidding me?  What is your malfunction with this obsession with trashing the San Francisco Bay Area?  Are things just that peachy and rosy in Massachusetts that you canít let some place your family has origins go?

kernals12:

--- Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 25, 2020, 10:56:29 AM ---Are you effing kidding me?  What is your malfunction with this obsession with trashing the San Francisco Bay Area?  Are things just that peachy and rosy in Massachusetts that you canít let some place your family has origins go?

--- End quote ---

I wasn't being snarky. I was just asking.

1:
Massachusetts has a whole bunch of cloverleaves, too.

kernals12:

--- Quote from: 1 on October 25, 2020, 11:11:57 AM ---Massachusetts has a whole bunch of cloverleaves, too.

--- End quote ---

I know, I've had the pleasure of being one of those sad commuters using the I-93/I-95 interchange in Reading.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version