AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: Question about Lewes, Del.  (Read 2775 times)

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: August 16, 2019, 04:33:15 PM
    • Millennium Highway
Question about Lewes, Del.
« on: May 16, 2010, 03:16:31 PM »

Has anyone here ever spent the night at a motel in Lewes, Delaware? If so, where?

Best I can tell, none of the big chains (Wyndham, Choice Hotels, etc.) have a facility at Lewes, most of them are at Rehoboth Beach. I'm looking for recommendations on a place to stay at Lewes, near the ferry. Thanks!

froggie

• Last Login: August 16, 2019, 10:23:34 PM
    • Froggie's Place
Re: Question about Lewes, Del.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 06:15:43 PM »

There's a Sleep Inn in Lewes on DE 1, a few blocks down from US 9.

A note:  if you're intending this as a waystation for the Philly meet, keep in mind that summer weekends along the Delaware shore are A) expensive, B) traffic-clogged, and C) most places require a 2-night stay on the weekends (with Friday counting as part of "the weekend").

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: August 16, 2019, 04:33:15 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:51:39 PM »

There's a Sleep Inn in Lewes on DE 1, a few blocks down from US 9.

A note:  if you're intending this as a waystation for the Philly meet, keep in mind that summer weekends along the Delaware shore are A) expensive, B) traffic-clogged, and C) most places require a 2-night stay on the weekends (with Friday counting as part of "the weekend").

Yes, and the Sleep Inn is $120 per night. I think the Econo Lodge at Rehoboth, at half that price, might be a better choice.

This would be a Thursday night stay. Friday's trip will be across the ferry, north through Jersey to get the three counties I need in that state, then back inland into Maryland or Pennsylvania somewhere for the night.

dfilpus

• Last Login: August 16, 2019, 09:58:16 PM
    • Filpus Roadgeek
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »

We took the ferry last week. I researched the area and decided not to try to stay near the ferry. According to tripadvisor.om, there are two local motels in downtown Lewes on US 9 Business. The Sleep Inn and Econo Lodge are among the many motels out on DE 1 near the outlets. Any of those would be equally close to the ferry. The reviews of the Econo Lodge are not good. I ended up staying in Chincoteague VA, drove up though Ocean City MD and caught the 11:15 ferry.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.