News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Bad joke

Started by roadman65, February 16, 2021, 09:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

https://intertropolisandrouteville.fandom.com/wiki/Interstate_101

If I didn't know better this article was written by a certain someone on this forum.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

There is an Instagram page for all this Intertropolis stuff also. 

roadman65

It gets funnier.

https://intertropolisandrouteville.fandom.com/wiki/U.S._Route_17

TheUS 17 page talks about it being reality along with the reality of US 17.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

WillWeaverRVA

Oh bloody hell, not this again.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadman65 on February 16, 2021, 11:02:44 AM
It gets funnier.

Yeah this guy (I'm assuming because I couldn't fathom this is someone of the opposite gender) needs to get off the fan fiction stuff, it seems like it has strayed to unhealthy obsession.

SectorZ

Wait a minute, these creators are seriously trying to pitch an animated TV show based on this?

snowc

Quote from: SectorZ on February 16, 2021, 01:06:05 PM
Wait a minute, these creators are seriously trying to pitch an animated TV show based on this?
YEP

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 16, 2021, 11:56:39 AM
It gets funnier.

Yeah this guy (I'm assuming because I couldn't fathom this is someone of the opposite gender) needs to get off the fan fiction stuff, it seems like it has strayed to unhealthy obsession.

Their social media pages are even worse. But yeah, the creators of this have created 846 freaking pages on the wiki about their fictional TV show that they keep claiming will be airing on their fictional TV network (in addition to Nick).
Will Weaver

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

US 89

This has been discussed before...

The creator obviously has way too much time on their hands. And perhaps the worst part is that it actually shows up on Google and looks somewhat legit (until you read in further, of course). If you search "US Highway 86", for example, it comes up as one of the top 5 suggestions.

snowc

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on February 16, 2021, 01:12:11 PM
It gets funnier.

Their social media pages are even worse. But yeah, the creators of this have created 846 freaking pages on the wiki about their fictional TV show that they keep claiming will be airing on their fictional TV network (in addition to Nick).
The fandom page should be deleted and the account owner suspended for false information.  :popcorn: :hmmm:

hotdogPi

Quote from: snowc on February 16, 2021, 03:34:31 PM
It gets funnier.

The fandom page should be deleted and the account owner suspended for false information.  :popcorn: :hmmm:

That would include Scott5114.

https://quindaropedia.fandom.com/wiki/Alanland
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

snowc

Quote from: 1 on February 16, 2021, 03:49:32 PM
It gets funnier.

I wish there was a like button for this forum. 👍🏻

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: US 89 on February 16, 2021, 02:56:31 PM

The creator obviously has way too much time on their hands. And perhaps the worst part is that it actually shows up on Google and looks somewhat legit (until you read in further, of course). If you search "US Highway 86", for example, it comes up as one of the top 5 suggestions.

It was actually discussed before that. The creator tried to join the forum but was denied.
Will Weaver

snowc

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on February 16, 2021, 03:52:54 PM

It was actually discussed before that. The creator tried to join the forum but was denied.
Well that sucks. 😞

WillWeaverRVA

It gets funnier.

Wikia (which Fandom is part of) is terrible. Anybody can create a wiki about virtually anything. There is a whole wiki dedicated to "hypothetical hurricanes", for instance, where people dream up fictional storms that naturally cause epic amounts of damage to the areas they hit. Some people even pass the information off as real, which confuses people who don't know as much about hurricanes.

It used to be that you actually had to apply to get a wiki on Wikia. Now that you don't have to, it's an absolute mess.
Will Weaver

snowc

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on February 16, 2021, 03:55:59 PM
It gets funnier.

Wikia (which Fandom is part of) is terrible. Anybody can create a wiki about virtually anything. There is a whole wiki dedicated to "hypothetical hurricanes", for instance, where people dream up fictional storms that naturally cause epic amounts of damage to the areas they hit. Some people even pass the information off as real, which confuses people who don't know as much about hurricanes.

It used to be that you actually had to apply to get a wiki on Wikia. Now that you don't have to, it's an absolute mess.
My favorite comic strip is on Fandom, and they are very accurate.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on February 16, 2021, 03:53:44 PM

Well that sucks. 😞

Does it though?  It would be nice if this hobby didn't have things like that watering down the credibility of everyone else.  At least that's my two cents. 

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: snowc on February 16, 2021, 04:01:44 PM
My favorite comic strip is on Fandom, and they are very accurate.

Well yeah, not everything on Fandom is bad. Look at Wookieepedia and Memory Alpha for Star Wars and Star Trek, for example. They originated from when you had to apply for a wiki, though.
Will Weaver

Max Rockatansky

Speaking of Wikia wasn't there one for Alanland for awhile?  I can swear that is where I found out about Alanbank and a lot of other weird stuff like that.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on February 16, 2021, 04:15:59 PM
Speaking of Wikia wasn't there one for Alanland for awhile?  I can swear that is where I found out about Alanbank and a lot of other weird stuff like that.

Correct.

Will Weaver

kphoger

According to your own post, alanland.org used to exist.

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 07, 2017, 11:05:07 PM
I just realized that someone took down Alanland.org.  Where will I do my Alanbanking now?

Ahhh, nested quotes................
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on February 16, 2021, 04:24:37 PM

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 07, 2017, 11:05:07 PM
I just realized that someone took down Alanland.org.  Where will I do my Alanbanking now?

Ahhh, nested quotes................

Damn has it really been over three years?  So I guess the Wikia came after Alanland.org?

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

US 89

That was my second link...maybe I should have done a better job of marking that those were two separate links

Quote from: kphoger on February 16, 2021, 04:24:37 PM

It also used to not exist. Except in the presence of 37 goats.

kphoger

Quote from: US 89 on February 16, 2021, 04:55:03 PM
maybe I should have done a better job of marking that those were two separate links

You may have noticed that I underline almost all my hypertext on the forum.  This is really just to help it stand out as a link, but it has the added benefit of allowing separate links to be visibly separated on the screen.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.