News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

roadman65

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 04:44:21 PM
Seriously? Like all the ones that have the giant locked symbol on them in the off topic section, there aren't that many of them.
and many threads you participated in have the lock. Should tell you something.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: roadman65 on March 04, 2023, 05:44:10 PM
Seriously? Like all the ones that have the giant locked symbol on them in the off topic section, there aren't that many of them.

That people are biased against building fictional highways?

roadman65

Not when they're proposed just to please someone's ego.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 05:46:11 PM

I love fictional highways if they are either

A: they are well thought out

B: they are not meant to be serious (like my plans)

Yours are neither
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Hobart

Correction: People are biased against building stupid fictional highways, and are against having otherwise decent threads bastardized by horrible ideas about speed limits, fictional highways, and enforcement methods!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Hobart on March 04, 2023, 10:48:58 PM

Correction: People are biased against building stupid fictional highways, and are against having otherwise decent threads bastardized by horrible ideas about speed limits, fictional highways, and enforcement methods!

Citation needed. Which of my 2020 posts suggested such things?

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 10:53:26 PM

I'll start with "All."

MultiMillionMiler

Max Rockatansky

Why?  Are you having trouble getting the hint when everyone says that your ideas suck?

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 11:15:48 PM
Care to explain why?
You have 6 freeways through empty Nevada, freeways through national parks, dense urban areas, and along beaches. And you have some wack Canada shit and the fucking boat plan. Need I say more?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kkt

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 10:53:26 PM

Why don't you reread them all and contemplate why anyone would say such things.

MultiMillionMiler

I would estimate that anywhere from 89 to 97% of my posts are reasonable. I do re-read my posts since this is the only social media I have and delete anything I've changed my mind about or felt was overly outrageous or not thought through enough.

J N Winkler

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 01:01:10 AM. . . this is the only social media I have . . .

Really?  No Facebook or Twitter?
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: J N Winkler on March 05, 2023, 01:20:48 AM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 01:01:10 AM. . . this is the only social media I have . . .

Really?  No Facebook or Twitter?

No, I deleted those back in March 2021. Facebook was some of the politically correct, and had some of the most toxic commenters on Earth. Twitter I never used anyway, but deleted it as well. Youtube I got banned back in 2020 for literally no reason, so I just created a couple new fake email accounts to watch videos that required sign in/comment some more, but then I deleted those as well and don't even interact much anymore there as well. Social Media in general is toxic and I honestly wish I never created any accounts/supported those websites in the first place. The only reason I joined here was because it was cool how there was a whole entire forum just on highways and because I love driving so much.

Scott5114

Given that the YouTube userbase is one of the major ways Google makes its money, I don't think they're really in the business of turning away potential advertising targets "for literally no reason".

My experience is when people complain about "political correctness", it usually indicates a refusal to take personal responsibility for the views they espouse, and an unwillingness to accept that others may not want to have them around as a result of the views they espouse.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

LilianaUwU

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 01:01:10 AM
I would estimate that anywhere from 89 to 97% of my posts are reasonable.

More like 0.89 to 0.97%.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 01:01:10 AM
I would estimate that anywhere from 89 to 97% of my posts are reasonable. I do re-read my posts since this is the only social media I have and delete anything I've changed my mind about or felt was overly outrageous or not thought through enough.
Your estimates are off the mark

Flint1979

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 12:57:25 PM
Quote from: thspfc on March 04, 2023, 12:42:23 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 04, 2023, 12:38:00 AM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 04, 2023, 12:28:51 AM
Quote from: kkt on March 04, 2023, 12:17:32 AM
And making stuff up to post on here isn't pathetic?

Well one is the honor system while the other is simply opinions/fictional ideas, not outright lying.

It's not exactly a mystery to us that you're already leaning heavily into the realm of pathetic.  Your body of work on this forum plainly speaks to that.
What is more surprising : a) that this post has survived 12 hours, or b) that this thread has survived 2.5 months?

I know right. Alot of threads Max R starts tend to get locked very fast.
Not really and he provides useful information for the forum.

Flint1979

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 03, 2023, 11:14:02 PM
You people have showed me those sites already, I'm not really interested. My mileage is up to 119,700 if you're curious, with about 5,000 miles this year.
Congrats. I put 110,000 miles on my car since November 2020.

SectorZ

Last night I swear this thread had 77 pages, and now with a new page of posts its now 76.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 05, 2023, 02:22:45 AM
Given that the YouTube userbase is one of the major ways Google makes its money, I don't think they're really in the business of turning away potential advertising targets "for literally no reason".

My experience is when people complain about "political correctness", it usually indicates a refusal to take personal responsibility for the views they espouse, and an unwillingness to accept that others may not want to have them around as a result of the views they espouse.

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 05, 2023, 02:22:45 AM

I didn't have any videos LOL so how could I be an advertising target, most accounts don't. yes they have banned thousands and thousands of accounts recently for no reason, even just for being in the IP range of other accounts that were banned. "Not wanting other people around" for the views they may have is the definition of censorship and discrimination. And by the way that is easily circumventable. It takes 3 minutes to create a new Gmail account with one extra number added to sign in again. IP addresses can also be changed, as well as connecting to a private VPN, so they aren't really accomplishing anything, they are just trying to make a statement, which is pathetic.

Edit: And then removing the dislike button, if that doesn't signal being pathetic, I don't know what does. "To protect small content creators" yeah...RIGHT Not to mention I immediately created a few new Gmail accounts after that and started deliberately copying and pasting whatever comments I assume they didn't like, on every news video I could find, just to fuck with them, with usernames such as "Fuck Youtube" and "GoodLuckBanningMe", and yes I would check if they were shadowbanned by refreshing the comments, and if they were, I would simply delete that Gmail account and recreate it by adding a 0 in front of the number, or using yet a different number. Very easy to keep track. I could have 50 different email accounts if I wanted to. Not to get into it here, but remember when people were banned for conspiracy theories such as suggesting covid escaped from a research lab, well now they owe those people a HUGE apology.

Max Rockatansky

So you got banned for making "choice"  comments on videos, got it.

MultiMillionMiler

I don't even know if it was comments. I was commenting on YouTube mostly after that, in 2021, but was banned in 2020 I believe. They didn't give a reason, not that I cared, because creating a new email account was less effort than appealing anything. It came in the form of "this action isn't allowed" or "can't sign in because of past account issues" which I looked up probably meant you were being blocked. Simply unsyncing my phone, clearing the cache, and creating a new Gmail resolved this problem.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: SectorZ on March 05, 2023, 08:46:37 AM
Last night I swear this thread had 77 pages, and now with a new page of posts its now 76.
MMMs been deleting a lot of his old posts. His post count was over 2000, now its under 2000.

MultiMillionMiler

I said I sometimes go back and delete old posts that I felt were overly outrageous or nonsense, since this is the only social media I have, I want my collection of posts to be a golden standard if you know what I mean. Don't want a few irrational ones to taint my exemplary record on this forum.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.