The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

kirbykart

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 06, 2023, 01:36:08 PM
Quote from: kirbykart on March 06, 2023, 01:23:52 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 05, 2023, 10:20:38 PM
Here's some County routes in Long Island that are 6 lanes, and at some points a couple of them may widen to 8.

519 NY-110
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3fixbxZ7tLNh4BWo8

500 NY-27
https://maps.app.goo.gl/HgZ1QdJ513keMK6UA

1053 William Floyd Pkwy
https://maps.app.goo.gl/xyS5QKE9v6cSM7rV8

Do you even know what a county road is?
The last on is maintained by Suffolk County.

Ok, I didn't know that. But the point still stands for the first two examples, and I still don't believe MMM knows what a county road actually is.

MultiMillionMiler

Young kids and adolescents these days are the worst victims of ageism, social discrimination, and unfair lack of opportunities. What people fail to understand is that children are helpless. If a 3 year old is denied medical care because their parents are nutcases that don't believe in it, the kid is helpless and has no choice but to suffer. Stranding a 23 year old because you think they shouldn't be able to rent a car or causing a domestic violence victim to have nowhere to say because they are only 17/18 is actually harming them directly. All the other BS the media whines about is just for hurt feelings, whereas the things above are actually despicable and cause direct suffering. I'd argue ageism against both younger AND elderly people is the most violent, horrid, unconstitutional, baseless, disgusting, evil, unfounded, hateful form of bias possible.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 03:18:50 PM
Young kids and adolescents these days are the worst victims of ageism, social discrimination, and unfair lack of opportunities. What people fail to understand is that children are helpless. If a 3 year old is denied medical care because their parents are nutcases that don't believe in it, the kid is helpless and has no choice but to suffer. Stranding a 23 year old because you think they shouldn't be able to rent a car or causing a domestic violence victim to have nowhere to say because they are only 17/18 is actually harming them directly. All the other BS the media whines about is just for hurt feelings, whereas the things above are actually despicable and cause direct suffering. I'd argue ageism against both younger AND elderly people is the most violent, horrid, unconstitutional, baseless, disgusting, evil, unfounded, hateful form of bias possible.
You make some good points, but this is like saying that stubbing your toe hurts in the same way as breaking your bone. I agree with your core points but you don't seem to understand the nuances of the situation.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MultiMillionMiler

It's also the fact that child abuse penalties are some of the most lenient in this country, and that kids who commit crimes against adults get harsher penalties than adults who commit crimes against children. Take the Turpin kids, some of them were actually abused again by their new foster parents, again. Those parents are out on bail. Yet a 10 year old was recently held without bail just for making a threat online, without even doing anything. Adults get off with post partem depression claims when they drown their kids, yet when kids commit crimes, all the comments online are like: "Mental health is no excuse" "age is no excuse" "charge him as an adult", but people never say those things when a kid is the victim of an adult crime. So it's not just the bad luck of not being able to book a hotel (which again doesn't affect me as I am 23) it's on top of all the other BS adolescents and children have to go through. You really think it is a coincidence that 4 in 5 teens who have mental health issues are never given treatment, or that younger people have their sleep needs the most neglected? There was a guy who left his 2 twin toddlers in a car to slowly bake to death, he got charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment and got no jail time. Yet a 13 year old who shot a gun into the air trying to scare cops off or something got charged with attempted murder. This is a pattern, it's not just random inequities in the criminal justice system. Kids are held to a higher standard for some bizarre reason yet are denied any of the adult rights and privileges that come with such a standard. It couldn't be anymore backward. I have contacted state governors, started petitions, sent messages to the White house multiple times, even drove around with signs taped on the windows of my car about these topics, to no avail.

Max Rockatansky

Holy crap, try breaking your posts into paragraphs.  These mega rants text blobs are unbearable to look at. 

MultiMillionMiler

http://childrenshealthcare.org/?page_id=24

They are perfectly readable.

The United States is the only country to not have ratified the UN Child Rights Convention, even Somalia has ratified it. It is also one of the only countries to allow parents to use religion as an excuse to deprive kids of medical treatment without penalties ^

If this isn't a violation of civil rights, 14th amendment protections, and basic human rights, I don't know what is. Against no other class of people would an atrocity like that ^ be legal, only against kids for some reason.

Max Rockatansky

How the fuck is this easily legible, especially on a phone?

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 03:38:47 PM
It's also the fact that child abuse penalties are some of the most lenient in this country, and that kids who commit crimes against adults get harsher oe allies than adults who commit crimes against children. Take the Turpin kids, some of them were actually abused again by their new foster parents, again. Those parents are out on bail. Yet a 10 year old was recently held without bail just for making a threat online, without even doing anything. Adults get off with post partem depression claims when they drown their kids, yet when kids commit crimes, all the comments online are like: "Mental health is no excuse" "age is no excuse" "charge him as an adult", but people never say those things when a kid is the victim of an adult crime. So it's not just the bad luck of not being able to book a hotel (which again doesn't affect me as I am 23) it's on top of all the other BS adolescents and children have to go through. You really think it is a coincidence that 4 in 5 teens who have mental health issues are never given treatment, or that younger people have their sleep needs the most neglected? There was a guy who left his 2 twin toddlers in a car to slowly bake to death, he got charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment and got no jail time. Yet a 13 year old who shot a gun into the air trying to scare cops off or something got charged with attempted murder. This is a pattern, it's not just random inequities in the criminal justice system. Kids are held to a higher standard for some bizarre reason yet are denied any of the adult rights and privileges that come with such a standard. It couldn't be anymore backward. I have contacted state governors, started petitions, sent messages to the White house multiple times, even drove around with signs taped on the windows of my car about these topics, to no avail.

Molandfreak

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on March 06, 2023, 04:32:06 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 05, 2023, 07:28:35 PM
Where are there 6 lane county roads (serious question)?

Not to beat a dead horse, but a few around MSP:
CSAH 17 (France Ave) in Edina/Bloomington between TH 62 and American Blvd (just south of I-494)
CSAH 81 (Bottineau Blvd) from Crystal to Osseo between TH 100 and US 169
CSAH 3 (Lake St) in uptown Minneapolis
CSAH 42 around I-35E/35W, too.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

MultiMillionMiler

Oh and just because I can type 110 words a minute doesn't mean it's ranting. The stronger I feel about something, the higher my endurance for typing and reading faster.

Max Rockatansky

I can type that fast also.  I imagine several others are equally capable of typing just as fast.  Thing is, many of use paragraph formats to make what we type easier for the reader to digest.  What you are doing might be a lot of words, but it is not good writing.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 03:45:10 PM
http://childrenshealthcare.org/?page_id=24

They are perfectly readable.

The United States is the only country to not have ratified the UN Child Rights Convention, even Somalia has ratified it. It is also one of the only countries to allow parents to use religion as an excuse to deprive kids of medical treatment without penalties ^

If this isn't a violation of civil rights, 14th amendment protections, and basic human rights, I don't know what is. Against no other class of people would an atrocity like that ^ be legal, only against kids for some reason.
Here's the difference. The US doesn't ratify these treaties, other countries ratify them and simply break them. Many countries who have ratified these treaties use child labor.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 06, 2023, 04:04:08 PM
I can type that fast also.  I imagine several others are equally capable of typing just as fast.  Thing is, many of use paragraph formats to make what we type easier for the reader to digest.  What you are doing might be a lot of words, but it is not good writing.

Fine, I'll type in paragraphs then.

@RGT, But the kids of things I posted would never be tolerated in countries like Sweden, Germany, Norway. Those countries also ban corporal punishment of kids, which is a no-brainer yet the US has such an issue doing that for some reason. We worry more about the 3 mins of pain a sadistic killer might feel being executed, but inflicting pain on kids/teens for far less reasons is actually a debate!

I mean, it could not get any more backward. The US has been criticized by other countries multiple times for things like this, and then reactions like mine in the heat of the moment are used to further justifying avirsm against my age group/younger people, which is circular reasoning. Even Obama called the failure to ratify the UNCRC an "embarassment" but yet failed to get it sent to the senate.

The reasons for opposition against it aren't simply "we might end up breaking it so there's no point". The reasons were cited as "violation of parental rights"  "religious reasons", legal jargon about minors entering contracts", and the fear of parents not being able to discipline their kids (which is a total misconception). Point being if essentially every other UN member signed and ratified it, why dont we ratify it, we only signed it, which means we legally do not have to follow it. And the irony is that the US played a huge role in the original drafting of it.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 04:16:42 PM

@RGT, But the kids of things I posted would never be tolerated in countries like Sweden, Germany, Norway. Those countries also ban corporal punishment of kids, which is a no-brainer yet the US has such an issue doing that for some reason. We worry more about the 3 mins of pain a sadistic killer might feel being executed, but inflicting pain on kids/teens for far less reasons is actually a debate!

I mean, it could not get any more backward. The US has been criticized by other countries multiple times for things like this, and then reactions like mine in the heat of the moment are used to further justifying avirsm against my age group/younger people, which is circular reasoning. Even Obama called the failure to ratify the UNCRC an "embarassment" but yet failed to get it sent to the senate.

The reasons for opposition against it aren't simply "we might end up breaking it so there's no point". The reasons were cited as "violation of parental rights"  "religious reasons", legal jargon about minors entering contracts", and the fear of parents not being able to discipline their kids (which is a total misconception). Point being if essentially every other UN member signed and ratified it, why dont we ratify it, we only signed it, which means we legally do not have to follow it. And the irony is that the US played a huge role in the original drafting of it.
The Senate needs 2/3 of the vote to ratify international treaties. You couldn't get 2/3 of the senate to agree that water is wet. And a certain political party is against a lot of it. I do think that the US should follow the treaty. I'm just saying that not all the countries that have ratified the treaty follow it, so it's not like you can say that the US is worse than every single country that has ratified the treaty.

kalvado

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 06, 2023, 04:21:01 PM

The Senate needs 2/3 of the vote to ratify international treaties. You couldn't get 2/3 of the senate to agree that water is wet. And a certain political party is against a lot of it. I do think that the US should follow the treaty. I'm just saying that not all the countries that have ratified the treaty follow it, so it's not like you can say that the US is worse than every single country that has ratified the treaty.
Meanwhile, NY state being as blue as sky discusses banning corporal punishment in schools.  In other news - first quarter of 21st century is ending soon...

SectorZ

It's also the fact that child abuse penalties are some of the most lenient in this country, and that kids who commit crimes against adults get harsher oe allies than adults who commit crimes against children. Take the Turpin kids, some of them were actually abused again by their new foster parents, again. Those parents are out on bail. Yet a 10 year old was recently held without bail just for making a threat online, without even doing anything. Adults get off with post partem depression claims when they drown their kids, yet when kids commit crimes, all the comments online are like: "Mental health is no excuse" "age is no excuse" "charge him as an adult", but people never say those things when a kid is the victim of an adult crime. So it's not just the bad luck of not being able to book a hotel (which again doesn't affect me as I am 23) it's on top of all the other BS adolescents and children have to go through. You really think it is a coincidence that 4 in 5 teens who have mental health issues are never given treatment, or that younger people have their sleep needs the most neglected? There was a guy who left his 2 twin toddlers in a car to slowly bake to death, he got charged with misdemeanor reckless endangerment and got no jail time. Yet a 13 year old who shot a gun into the air trying to scare cops off or something got charged with attempted murder. This is a pattern, it's not just random inequities in the criminal justice system. Kids are held to a higher standard for some bizarre reason yet are denied any of the adult rights and privileges that come with such a standard. It couldn't be anymore backward. I have contacted state governors, started petitions, sent messages to the White house multiple times, even drove around with signs taped on the windows of my car about these topics, to no avail.

¶

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: SectorZ on March 06, 2023, 04:30:39 PM

¶
I think that MMM's points here make more sense than most of his other points. I think that it does deserve some reasoning with.

SectorZ

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 06, 2023, 04:32:31 PM
Quote from: SectorZ on March 06, 2023, 04:30:39 PM

¶
I think that MMM's points here make more sense than most of his other points. I think that it does deserve some reasoning with.

That's the paragraph symbol.

It's to point out "I ain't reading that wall of text" even if it was written by Shakespeare.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: kalvado on March 06, 2023, 04:30:21 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 06, 2023, 04:21:01 PM

Meanwhile, NY state being as blue as sky discusses banning corporal punishment in schools.  In other news - first quarter of 21st century is ending soon...

Hitting an adult is assault.

Hitting a 30 pound child is "discipline".

See the problem?

Here's a simple flowchart that went as follows to show how stupid hitting kids is:

"Is your child old enough to understand reason?

If Yes ---> then use reason--->stop hitting your child, asshole.

If No --> then the child won't understand why you are striking them --->  stop hitting your child, asshole."

Things like this almost make me proud to be a NYer even though it sucks in so many other ways.

Roadgeekteen

I support making corporal punishment of children illegal. No way should it be allowed (especially not in schools), although I imagine that in the home it would be hard to enforce. Some states have it legal in private schools but not in public schools, which is wack.

SectorZ

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 06, 2023, 04:56:48 PM
I support making corporal punishment of children illegal. No way should it be allowed (especially not in schools), although I imagine that in the home it would be hard to enforce. Some states have it legal in private schools but not in public schools, which is wack.

We live in a state that house the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center. Not only are our state's laws or alleged culture useless in this case, I once argued via e-mail with a state rep about his covering their ass over the stuff they were doing because he was defending it.

For those that don't know, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Rotenberg_Educational_Center

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: SectorZ on March 06, 2023, 05:00:25 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 06, 2023, 04:56:48 PM

We live in a state that house the Judge Rotenberg Educational Center. Not only are our state's laws or alleged culture useless in this case, I once argued via e-mail with a state rep about his covering their ass over the stuff they were doing because he was defending it.

For those that don't know, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Rotenberg_Educational_Center
This place NEEDS to be shut down. Fucking embarrasing that the state government hasn't done anything about it yet.

MultiMillionMiler

The "ranch" as well mentioned in the Dr. Phil show needs to be shut down and the workers arrested. Literally organized child kidnapping/sick abuse.

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 11:50:55 AM
Quote from: webny99 on March 06, 2023, 08:38:01 AM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 01:34:34 AM
And I also never do so in a way that interferes with conversations. And yes there were some posts I decided I didn't want to stay public or that I realized were ridiculous, so what's the issue?

Nice try. Any post that is responded to (quoted or not) and then deleted - which in your case is most of them - makes the thread harder to follow.

Like I've said before, I had experience with mass deletion of posts about five years ago, but I wasn't actively posting and deleting in the same thread at the same time. Even when I did the "make a post, delete a post" thing for a brief period, I was careful to start from my earliest posts and choose an old one to delete, often taking pains to find one that wasn't quoted or responded to.

In short: not recommended to mass delete posts in any capacity. At this point, I consider myself lucky to have retained post deletion privileges. I hardly ever do it now, but it is handy if you post something incorrect that can't be fixed with an edit, or post something and then think better of it (in those cases, though, it should be done as soon as possible).

It's not that deep man. If a mod told me to stop doing it sure

Knock it off.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

MultiMillionMiler

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 06, 2023, 05:27:19 PM
The "ranch" as well mentioned in the Dr. Phil show needs to be shut down and the workers arrested. Literally organized child kidnapping/sick abuse.

Dr. Phil needs to be arrested for being Dr. Phil. The practice of being Dr. Phil should be illegal.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.