News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

vdeane

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 10, 2023, 08:48:09 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on January 10, 2023, 08:36:54 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 10, 2023, 07:54:46 PM
Time dilation is a scam

lmao because you know better than a physicist

It's mathematical gobbledegook that doesn't translate to anything physically real. If it were true, that would imply every satellite, planet, car on the road..etc would have It's own clock. Give me a break. Physicists seem to have to this delusion that it "takes energy" to pass through time, which is a foundation of any time stretching theories that follow. One book I read said motion through space "takes away" from the available energy to move through time, so it has to slow down as compensation, to maintain the total sum of motion being equal to the speed of light or something. As I have said 2 or 3 times already, the math shows a positron is equal to an electron moving back in time. That doesn't mean all the matter in the universe is the same electron zigzagging back and forth in time trillions of times. Same thing with time dilation, it's just a theory based on a mathematical equivalence, with no physical evidence or any roots in common sense.
Tell that to the people who designed GPS.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

J N Winkler

Quote from: US 89 on January 10, 2023, 04:47:08 PMI haven't done much foruming the past few days and just saw the last few pages of this. What the fuck.

ISWYDT.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Post counts are scams.

Duke87

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 10, 2023, 10:27:16 PM
Post counts are scams.

Do post counts dilate at relativistic speeds?
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 10, 2023, 09:56:24 PM
Atomic clocks are by themselves a scam, separate from time dilation physics being its own scam. No man-made machinery can measure planch time. And of course their claim is verified according to them, in the billionths of a second, so we have no way seeing with our own eyes if there was any actual difference. If you want to test it, send a space probe in extremely close orbit around the sun for a few years, so the increased gravity, extreme speed, and long duration of the mission all cumulate into one massive time dilation that could actually be registered with a normal clock in full seconds or even minutes. Claiming you have some device to scan the quantum vibrations of an atom and than taking that device on delta airlines to end up saying "hey look 999,999,997 nanoseconds passed instead of 1,000,000,000 nanoseconds so speed alters the flow of time!" is laughable. It's really two scams combined.

Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

MCRoads

Desperate to hit that 25,000 post mark aren't ya?

Atomic clocks are by themselves a scam, separate from time dilation physics being its own scam. No man-made machinery can measure planch time. And of course their claim is verified according to them, in the billionths of a second, so we have no way seeing with our own eyes if there was any actual difference. If you want to test it, send a space probe in extremely close orbit around the sun for a few years, so the increased gravity, extreme speed, and long duration of the mission all cumulate into one massive time dilation that could actually be registered with a normal clock in full seconds or even minutes. Claiming you have some device to scan the quantum vibrations of an atom and than taking that device on delta airlines to end up saying "hey look 999,999,997 nanoseconds passed instead of 1,000,000,000 nanoseconds so speed alters the flow of time!" is laughable. It's really two scams combined.

Just because you are ignorant of the math, doesn't mean they are scams.

Also, about the "send a spacecraft super close to the sun" , we did that. Are doing that. The Parker solar probe is getting within 10 solar radiuses of the sun. We'll definitely see something then, as that is one of the purposes of the mission.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Duke87 on January 10, 2023, 10:47:23 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 10, 2023, 10:27:16 PM
Post counts are scams.

Do post counts dilate at relativistic speeds?

Relativistic speeds are naive at best and a fib at worst.  Depending on how you view it is relative.

US 89

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on January 10, 2023, 10:46:24 PM
To summarize, I am saying that the 3 false premises are:

1. Units of time smaller than a microsecond physically exist in the spacetime continuum.

2. Units smaller than the standard error of electronics, which is milliseconds, can be measured by such electronic devices, such as atomic clocks.

3. The laws of physics require a reduction in the flow of time as speed/acceleration increases.

Wait till you learn about the Planck time.

Duke87

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 10, 2023, 11:03:41 PM
Relativistic speeds are naive at best and a fib at worst.

FIBs can certainly be found driving at relativistic speeds, their state is flat enough for it.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

kkt

Quote from: kphoger on January 10, 2023, 09:36:01 PM

At least his talking about physics that he knows nothing about isn't as gross as him talking about sex that he knows nothing about.

Scott5114

I hope MMM randomly stumbles upon this thread when he's in his thirties.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadman65

New Title? How fitting being it started out about aviation going into an Autosexual's life.  Yes there is such a title as Autosexual as I looked it up. A feminist named Ghia Vitale wrote a magazine article on it and then there was the North Dakota school teacher named Nadine who was on Anderson Cooper about her self marriage who really started that out.

It's a new definition just as Gender Neutral is to define gender allowing neither man or woman to exist if that so called individual wants to be not categorized. 
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

I suspect Scott changed the thread name?  I refused to based off MMM's comments to me.

Scott5114

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 11, 2023, 12:17:59 AM
I suspect Scott changed the thread name?  I refused to based off MMM's comments to me.

I went ahead and did so in order to have a good merge target for his rants in other threads.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

roadman65

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 11, 2023, 01:01:24 AM

I went ahead and did so in order to have a good merge target for his rants in other threads.

He PMed me about his crack about ADHD and it seemed you got through to him as he expressed some nakedness for his offensive comment like Adam and Eve in the Garden Story after being caught.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on May 08, 2017, 01:52:23 PM
I don't care how many posts I have.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 05, 2022, 10:53:31 PM
Don't worry, when I get to 1000, you know with my numbering OCD I'll make sure it will stay exactly at 1000. Maybe I-ll go back and delete some low level "I agree" or "fair enough" replies to cancel out my new posts. Or I could delete a post and copy and paste the content back into one of my previous posts near it..etc.

You're the one who is obsessed with post counts.  Not me.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

GaryV

Thank goodness it's a title change. I was afraid there was another 18-page thread of innaneness.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: GaryV on January 11, 2023, 09:57:29 AM

Thank goodness it's a title change. I was afraid there was another 18-page thread of innaneness.

18 pages would be considered pessimistic with him.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on January 11, 2023, 09:50:22 AM
Quote from: kphoger on May 08, 2017, 01:52:23 PM
I don't care how many posts I have.

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on December 05, 2022, 10:53:31 PM
Don't worry, when I get to 1000, you know with my numbering OCD I'll make sure it will stay exactly at 1000. Maybe I-ll go back and delete some low level "I agree" or "fair enough" replies to cancel out my new posts. Or I could delete a post and copy and paste the content back into one of my previous posts near it..etc.

You're the one who is obsessed with post counts.  Not me.

Never mind the fact MMM is deleting posts again.  I assume he's doing this to get to a desired number?

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 11, 2023, 11:05:36 AM
Never mind the fact MMM is deleting posts again.  I assume he's doing this to get to a desired number?

Too many forum posts start to weigh him down, which in turn makes his own personal clock get off.
Male pronouns, please.

JoePCool14

Can admins disable an individual from deleting their own post? Not for everyone, just for specific people.

Asking for a friend, of course. :P

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 65+ Clinches | 280+ Traveled | 8800+ Miles Logged

hotdogPi

Quote from: JoePCool14 on January 11, 2023, 03:36:52 PM
Can admins disable an individual from deleting their own post? Not for everyone, just for specific people.

It's possible to disable reporting (it's been done for NE2), so it's not out of the question.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

abefroman329

Quote from: JoePCool14 on January 11, 2023, 03:36:52 PMCan admins disable an individual from deleting their own post?
Why?  If I post "JoePCool14 has smelly feet," think better of it, and delete it, isn't it better than not thinking better of it?

Max Rockatansky

MMM started the day at 1,137 posts and seems to be at 1,096 as of my writing this reply.

Worth asking again, can we just delete posts counts?  It seems like they just cause trouble sooner or later on the forum. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.