The universe according to MMM

Started by Max Rockatansky, December 21, 2022, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think MMM really is?

Wesley Crusher
George Santos
Peewee Herman
Morshu from the Zelda CDi games
Potara fused FritzOwl and Kernals12 (KernalsOwl)
George Soros
Wesley Santos (Wesley Crusher and George Santos fusion)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on March 02, 2023, 03:24:54 PM
Just make sure none of them can be construed as "harassing or insulting remarks towards another member".
MMM himself requested it so he shouldn't mind. MMM can comfirm this.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

You are SO good at trolling!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MultiMillionMiler

I guess the best "trolls" are the people who are genuinely trying to help.

kalvado

Quote from: SectorZ on March 02, 2023, 01:59:36 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 02, 2023, 10:48:30 AM
Quote from: kphoger on March 02, 2023, 10:05:38 AM
Quote from: Amaury on March 01, 2023, 06:40:06 PM
I don't know much about physics myself, but the wording I've often seen used in news articles when referring to head-on collisions is something along the lines of "two vehicles crashed into each other at a combined speed of 100 MPH." (100 MPH being an example combined speed.)

Quote from: kphoger on March 01, 2023, 06:56:38 PM
Yeah, the entire collision had a combined speed of 100 mph, I suppose (someone with more physics knowledge, please confirm or deny).  But there were two cars involved.  Each one felt half the force, i.e. 50 mph (assuming they were both going 50 mph and had equal size and mass).

Quote from: kalvado on March 01, 2023, 07:18:12 PM
Now imagine that oncoming car is a loaded 18-wheeler tandem

The car would still experience less than 100 mph in the collision.  More than 50 mph, certainly, but less than 100 mph.

If you want to get to 100 mph experienced by one of the parties, then you'd need something like a dragonfly hitting the front bumper of a turnpike double, and both going 50 mph head-on.  The dragonfly would experience 100 mph, and the trucker would experience nothing.

Even if each car feels only half of the force, whatever force they do feel is multiplied by a deceleration from 100, not 50. But I don't think that's correct anyway. Two cars hitting each other at 50 mph is the same as one car hitting another stationary car at 100 mph. But I do maintain that atomic clocks are a scam, and I'm not the only physics need who feels that way.

Ever watch Mythbusters? They did it, and proved it by...

1) smashing a car against a wall at 50 MPH
2) smashing a car against a wall at 100 MPH
3) smashing two cars head-on, each going 50 MPH

The cars in 1 and 3 looked exactly the same, whereas the one in 2 would be so beyond a survivable event for even rear-seat passengers (they used the same year Hyundai Elantra for all four destroyed cars)

I'd link Youtube but any I found were pulled due to Discovery asking them to be pulled.

It was good, because it didn't demonstrate with math, it demonstrated with physical results. Even a doubting Thomas like you would probably be convinced.
They missed "elantra against 80 000 lb truck" though...

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 02, 2023, 04:06:34 AM
I can do M³ in four keystrokes. (Shift+M, then Compose, ^, 3)

I count five keystrokes.

Shift
M
Compose
^
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 02, 2023, 03:53:46 PM

I guess the best "trolls" are the people who are genuinely trying to help.
You aren't helping anyone with anything

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Quote from: kalvado on March 02, 2023, 04:21:02 PM

What's your point?  The impact to each vehicle would still be less than the combined speed of both vehicles.  Again, if they were both going 50 mph, the Elantra would experience an impact equivalent to more than 50 mph, but it would be less than 100 mph.
Male pronouns, please.

kirbykart

I have no idea who any of these people in the poll are, but I voted for George Santos because that name has been mentioned on this forum in the context of MMM.

thspfc

Where's the option for FritzOwl/Kernals12 hybrid?

Scott5114

Quote from: kirbykart on March 02, 2023, 04:30:52 PM
I voted for George Santos

The only context in which you'll ever see anyone admit to that out loud.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kalvado

Quote from: kphoger on March 02, 2023, 04:26:13 PM
Quote from: kalvado on March 02, 2023, 04:21:02 PM

What's your point?  The impact to each vehicle would still be less than the combined speed of both vehicles.  Again, if they were both going 50 mph, the Elantra would experience an impact equivalent to more than 50 mph, but it would be less than 100 mph.
Yep, 99 is less than 100.

MultiMillionMiler

Darn I didn't know about that 5th option, can I change my vote, or am I doomed to be reincarnated as Wesley Crusher now?

LilianaUwU

Alright, who's talking shit about my main man Morshu?
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: LilianaUwU on March 02, 2023, 09:49:18 PM
Alright, who's talking shit about my main man Morshu?

Lamp oil?...rope?...bombs?...you want it?...sorry we don't have any of it.

LilianaUwU

Alright, since we're on the topic of Morshu (seizure warning):

Rap God Morshu
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

kirbykart

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 02, 2023, 05:36:41 PM

:-D :-D :-D

roadman65

I actually heard a woman once on social media admit George Soros is fictional and only exists as a figment of some former president’s mind.  After seeing MMM here, and assuming he and Soros are the same, I am starting to believe her.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: roadman65 on March 03, 2023, 01:47:54 PM

I actually heard a woman once on social media admit George Soros is fictional and only exists as a figment of some former president's mind.  After seeing MMM here, and assuming he and Soros are the same, I am starting to believe her.
Are you confusing George Santos and George Soros?

roadman65

So I did.  I'm getting old.  If my mind is playing tricks on me then I really got to accept that being 58 is one step closer to the grave.

Just as 42 is when you start needing reading glasses as first step of getting old where you can no longer read a Rand McNally with your naked eyes.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 02, 2023, 08:50:51 PM
Darn I didn't know about that 5th option, can I change my vote, or am I doomed to be reincarnated as Wesley Crusher now?

Someone doesn't understand how Potara Fusion works I see.

MultiMillionMiler

I have decided that even my own requirements for obtaining a license are too easy. The 100 question written exam should be 5 choices each and an 80% passing score instead of 75%. In addition to including, road rules, road signs, basic car design, basic automotive engineering, emergency procedures, and interstate highway geography, it should include traffic ticket laws and penalties.

I actually passed a German Road Signs sample exam online getting 90 out of 103 questions right without knowing anything, maybe the German Theory Test isn't that bad.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 03, 2023, 06:33:29 PM
I have decided that even my own requirements for obtaining a license are too easy. The 100 question written exam should be 5 choices each and an 80% passing score instead of 75%. In addition to including, road rules, road signs, basic car design, basic automotive engineering, emergency procedures, and interstate highway geography, it should include traffic ticket laws and penalties.
INTERSTATE HIGHWAY GEOGRAPHY? That's like having to know the science behind cow anatomy to work at McDonalds.

US 89

Aha, I see the strategy. The goal is to get everyone else off the roads so nobody is still around to complain when MMM implements his Grand Plans™. Big brain moves.

MultiMillionMiler

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on March 03, 2023, 06:34:34 PM
Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on March 03, 2023, 06:33:29 PM
INTERSTATE HIGHWAY GEOGRAPHY? That's like having to know the science behind cow anatomy to work at McDonalds.

Everyone should be required to have a basic understanding of how the freeway grid is layed out, not just interstates. What if your phone dies and gets damaged in a crash or GPS signals are down? Many accidents are caused by drivers not knowing their way around, hesitating whether to change lanes or not, and flying across multiple lanes of traffic because they didn't realize there in exit was coming up. I administered a sample of this exam to my dad with only 53 questions and 4 choices per question, and despite having driven for decades, he still failed with a 35 out 53. (40 was passing), and the questions weren't that hard.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: US 89 on March 03, 2023, 06:38:55 PM
Aha, I see the strategy. The goal is to get everyone else off the roads so nobody is still around to complain when MMM implements his Grand Plans™. Big brain moves.

That's about the only way to get those multiple million miles without flying off PA Turnpike style curves in at-speed traffic.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.