News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Carls Jr. Coming to Florida

Started by roadman65, August 16, 2023, 04:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Takumi on August 18, 2023, 11:41:52 AM
I think there are minor menu differences between Carl's Jr and Hardee's even now, based on regional preferences. Watching the occasional Dodgers game, they advertise a Diablo burger at Carl's Jr for $6.66. I can't see that going down well in Hardee's territory.

These regional/local preferences are market based. McDonalds offers a "Phillies" box combo and Dunkin Donuts offers certain discount coffees in the Philly market that are unavailable or marketed different elsewhere.

74/171FAN

I think there are minor menu differences between Carl's Jr and Hardee's even now, based on regional preferences. Watching the occasional Dodgers game, they advertise a Diablo burger at Carl's Jr for $6.66. I can't see that going down well in Hardee's territory.

The same people making a big deal about that in and of itself (not referring to the ad BigJohn mentioned) would probably be the ones thinking something strange happened to me while clinching OH 666 back in April. 
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

US 89

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on August 17, 2023, 10:25:36 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 16, 2023, 07:56:18 AM
Reads to me as though there might be some interest in gradually phasing out the Hardee's brand.  Modern Hardee's is basically just Carls Jr. with a slightly different facade.

The Carl's Jr. name has always struck me as kind of weird, and so if they were finally going to consolidate the brands, I really thought that they'd lean to Hardee's.

I'm the other way around...because I grew up in the west. Hardee's is the weird one.  :sombrero:

Stephane Dumas

Could we said it's karma biting Hardees' back after they phased out Burger Chef? ;)

roadman65

Yeah in the Bible Belt I can imagine that going six six six in the Hardee's in their territory.  :bigass:
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Road Hog

The biggest difference between the two is their breakfast menus. Carl's Jr. leans toward breakfast burritos while Hardee's has breakfast sandwiches and biscuits. Each one is good.

Dough4872

Quote from: Road Hog on August 23, 2023, 07:19:41 PM
The biggest difference between the two is their breakfast menus. Carl's Jr. leans toward breakfast burritos while Hardee's has breakfast sandwiches and biscuits. Each one is good.

Yeah I love the biscuits and gravy at Hardee's. Definitely can tell Hardee's has more of a Southern flair with their breakfast menu.

OCGuy81

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on August 16, 2023, 09:46:58 AM
When I was a kid I recall Hardee's used to sell boxes of fried chicken.  This could be nostalgia, but I recall liking their recipe a lot more than KFC.

Yes! I didn't think anyone else remembered Hardee's fried chicken, but it was so good!

jp the roadgeek

Seems the company has halted any move into the Northeast, although there were talks of moving into New England.  Several locations opened as far north as the Hudson Valley in NY under the Hardee's name, which were rebranded as Carl's Jr, then closed about a year later.  Now the northeasternmost Hardees locations are in Delaware and the lower Susquehanna Valley in PA
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.