News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NFL 2010

Started by golden eagle, September 14, 2010, 12:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony_JK

Quote from: mgk920 on December 20, 2010, 01:32:36 PM
Quote from: Charto911 on December 20, 2010, 12:43:21 PM
all I know is I feel bad for the Giants fans after the Eagles game yesterday.

That game also made last night's Packers at Patriots game irrelevant in the Packers' playoff hunt - win the next two games and they are in as second wild-card.

Also, the NFC-West - NO TEAM that has not won more games that they have lost should make the playoffs  :no: and with the division-leading Rams now having 8 losses (6-8, best possible record 8-8/0.500) should have been eliminated from playoff contention with a third wild-card going instead and the seeding adjusted accordingly.

:poke:

Mike

And the flip side of all that is that last year's Super Bowl champ New Orleans Saints could very well finish 10 - 6 and get stoned out of the playoffs...or get in at at least 11-5 or 12-4....and be forced to travel to face 7-9 Seattle OR 8-8 St. Louis in the first round.  Nice playoff structure, Bob Goddell.

Anthony

golden eagle

Roger Gooddell. Anyhow, while I can get with the complaints about a wild card team with a better record playing at either Seattle or St. Louis because it is a valid point, you have to reward a team for winning their division. I know it sucks but it's the nature of the beast.

agentsteel53

the playoffs should, theoretically, be a reward for the best teams.  If you run away with the NFC west because every other team is Division I-AA quality, and finish 14-2, then people can grumble about your easy schedule, but you've earned it.

if you finish 7-9 because you can't even beat the damn NFC west, you have no business being in the playoffs.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

74/171FAN

I wouldn't be surprised if the NFC West winner made the Superbowl considering how weird this season has been.  Remember the Cardinals a couple years ago, they were supposed to be one of the worst teams to ever make the playoffs and they were one play from winning the Superbowl even though Bradford and Hasselbeck are definitely not Kurt Warner.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

mightyace

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 27, 2010, 03:17:04 AM
Quote from: PAHighways on December 26, 2010, 08:33:52 PM
PennDOT, Pennsylvania State Police Issue Joint Statement Supporting NFL's Decision to Postpone Tonight's Eagle-Vikings Football Game

The only good thing Goodell has done this year..... :pan:

I watched WBRE 28 (NBC)'s local news and they had Governor Rendell on there, albeit an NBC network feed, and he basically called the NFL people wimps!

IMHO Fast Eddie finally got something right!
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

PAHighways

Quote from: mightyace on December 27, 2010, 09:09:43 PMI watched WBRE 28 (NBC)'s local news and they had Governor Rendell on there, albeit an NBC network feed, and he basically called the NFL people wimps!

Of course he wanted them to play, he's an Iggles fan (and a 2006 and 2009 bandwagon Steelers fan).

If the game had been played, and then there was a 50 car pile-up on the Schuylkill or fans traveling back home got stuck on I-95 reminiscent of the I-90 debacle in Buffalo, it would have been the ones agreeing with the NFL's decision who'd have been thrown under the bus.

mgk920

AND - about the weather - - - The Giants are STILL stuck at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel here in downtown Appleton, WI for a second night after their PATHETIC loss to the Packers on Sunday.

The Jets and Patriots are also still stuck in Chicago and Buffalo, respectively.

:spin:

Mike

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: PAHighways on December 27, 2010, 10:17:08 PM
If the game had been played, and then there was a 50 car pile-up on the Schuylkill or fans traveling back home got stuck on I-95 reminiscent of the I-90 debacle in Buffalo, it would have been the ones agreeing with the NFL's decision who'd have been thrown under the bus.

Whats this "I-90 Debacle" you speak of?
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Mr_Northside

Quote from: mightyace on December 27, 2010, 09:09:43 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on December 27, 2010, 03:17:04 AM
Quote from: PAHighways on December 26, 2010, 08:33:52 PM
PennDOT, Pennsylvania State Police Issue Joint Statement Supporting NFL's Decision to Postpone Tonight's Eagle-Vikings Football Game

The only good thing Goodell has done this year..... :pan:

I watched WBRE 28 (NBC)'s local news and they had Governor Rendell on there, albeit an NBC network feed, and he basically called the NFL people wimps!

Whether or not the game should have been postponed is certainly debatable, and our governor has the right to "weigh in"... did anyone hear / read any of his quotes he gave to a TV station, and then to a Philly sports talk radio station....?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/12/rendell-americans-wusses-eagles-game-postponed/

I mean, the guy actually said THIS:
Quote"If this was in China, do you think the Chinese would have called off the game?" Rendell asked host Mike Missanelli. "The people would have been marching down to the stadium. They would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on their way down."

How freakin' ridiculous! If I were a more politically correct person, I might even consider him being ignorantly stereotypical.

I'm planning on seeing the Baby Pens @ the new arena (here in Pgh) on Thursday.  Instead of pre-gaming with some beers and such, maybe I should do like Rendell thinks ALL the Chinese do, and just break out a math book instead before the game.

I'm not gonna be sad to see him go as governor.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

PAHighways

Quote from: Adam Smith on December 28, 2010, 12:47:05 AM
Quote from: PAHighways on December 27, 2010, 10:17:08 PM

Whats this "I-90 Debacle" you speak of?

This event is what I was referencing.

PAHighways

Quote from: Mr_Northside on December 28, 2010, 01:45:45 PMI mean, the guy actually said THIS:
Quote"If this was in China, do you think the Chinese would have called off the game?" Rendell asked host Mike Missanelli. "The people would have been marching down to the stadium. They would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on their way down."

How freakin' ridiculous! If I were a more politically correct person, I might even consider him being ignorantly stereotypical.

Great idea to cite a nation that had a two week, 60-mile-long traffic jam just a few months back.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Now that all been said and done. should have kept the game on Sunday.  :banghead:

mightyace

The thing that got me when I found out that the NFL postponed the game before any snow had even fallen in Philly.

That's the kind of skittish decision that they make here in Tennessee regarding schools and such, not in places Pennsylvania!

PAHighways

The outgoing Governor himself was on The Colbert Report last night talking about the issue.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/369695/january-03-2011/ed-rendell

PAHighways

The Packers just ended the chance of a Turnpike Super Bowl.

mightyace

The Eagles didn't help themselves much either.

That ends the season with a three game slide for the boo-birds after their miracle win in the Meadowlands.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

The Eagles ended 2009 with a 3 game losing streak as well.  :crazy:

rickmastfan67

The Jets are going to crash today!  GO STEELERS!! :nod: :) :cheers:

kurumi

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on January 23, 2011, 11:54:45 AM
The Jets are going to crash today!  GO STEELERS!! :nod: :) :cheers:

There are a lot of extra Steelers fans this weekend. Go Big Ben
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

mightyace

Yes, it over Pittsburgh 24, NY Jets 19.

Though, Pittsburgh almost gave it away.  They were up 24-0 at one point.  But, since they one, I guess that doesn't really matter.

Go Packers!

EDIT:
Two reasons for the Packers, first my mother's family is/was from Wisconsin.  The second reason is I hate Pittsburgh teams.  It has something to do with all the kids that teased me in school were for the Steelers.

The strange part is I like the Philly teams but I like the city of Pittsburgh better.  Now, if someone could move the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, and Sixers to Pittsburgh.  I'd be happy!  :sombrero:

rickmastfan67

STEELERS BABY!!!!!  :)

Zmapper

This game deserves to be played on frozen tundra in an outdoor stadium; NOT the shiny new Dallas Texas stadium. What a disgrace.

But go pack anyway!

PAHighways

Quote from: mightyace on January 23, 2011, 09:50:40 PMThough, Pittsburgh almost gave it away.  They were up 24-0 at one point.  But, since they one, I guess that doesn't really matter.

Their most infuriating trait:   letting up on a team when they have them against the ropes.

Quote from: mightyace on January 23, 2011, 09:50:40 PMThe strange part is I like the Philly teams but I like the city of Pittsburgh better.  Now, if someone could move the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, and Sixers to Pittsburgh.  I'd be happy!  :sombrero:

We'll take the Phillies since who knows when we'll see another World Series title, but we are pretty content with our NFL and NHL teams.  No one cares about the NBA which is helped by the fact Cavaliers air select games on FSN Pittsburgh.

Michael in Philly

Quote from: mightyace on January 23, 2011, 09:50:40 PM
The strange part is I like the Philly teams but I like the city of Pittsburgh better.  Now, if someone could move the Phillies, Eagles, Flyers, and Sixers to Pittsburgh.  I'd be happy!  :sombrero:

Over my dead body!!  (Well, personally, I just care about the Phillies.  But being one of very few cities that has teams in all four major sports within the city limits counts for something.)

Post Merge: January 24, 2011, 07:54:39 PM

Quote from: PAHighways on January 24, 2011, 01:44:36 PM
We'll take the Phillies since who knows when we'll see another World Series title.

Again, the hell you will.
RIP Dad 1924-2012.

triplemultiplex

Hells yeah!!!
Time to bring the Lombardi Trophy home again!

And to wipe out the Bears to get there, too?  How sweet it is.  You da man, BJ Raji!

Bring it on, Pitt.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.