News:

See the Forum Status page for any planned Forum maintenance or alerts on Forum outages.

Main Menu

Daily conversation: What is the worst possible answer?

Started by kphoger, July 17, 2025, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Big John on September 10, 2026, 11:20:18 AMagentsteel53 and jakeroot

jakeroot joined the forum while agentsteel53 was still active.

JayhawkCO, on the other hand, joined the forum just 34 days after agentsteel53's last post.  Suspicious.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.


vdeane

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?
Beltway and Max Rockatansky
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?

NE2
hbelkins

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?

Crash_It and dzlsabe

I don't recall ever seeing a Sabb driver drawing the ire of Crash_It in one of his cammer "bad driver" videos.

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:37:12 AMmy first real job was at Target
Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:47:05 AMI was hired full-time to push shopping carts
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 10, 2026, 12:16:40 PMMy first W-2 style traditional job was at Target ... pushing carts

Tom, will you be my sock-puppet?

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 02:18:43 PM
Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:37:12 AMmy first real job was at Target
Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:47:05 AMI was hired full-time to push shopping carts
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 10, 2026, 12:16:40 PMMy first W-2 style traditional job was at Target ... pushing carts

Tom, will you be my sock-puppet?

We seem to visit Mexico more often than the rest of the forum also. 

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?

Is this an indication that I and my other personalities should each have separate accounts?

1995hoo

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?

LilianaUwU and hbelkins.

(If you know, you know.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger


He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

The_Ginger

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?
S.P. Cook and me.

rickmastfan67 and Roadgeekteen.
"A beltway? What in the world is that?"

He/him pronouns, please.
Travel Mapping · TM Rail · TM Air · Counties

ModernDayWarrior

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?

Myself and Rushmeister. The jig is up; it was all just a ploy to give the forum more Rush-inspired screen names.

NE2

Quote from: kphoger on September 10, 2026, 10:59:49 AM10 SEP 2026

What two forum members might actually be sock-puppets or alt-accounts of each other?

NE2 and roadman65.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

kphoger

11 SEP 2026

What have we learned from 9/11 about transportation?

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 10:53:56 AM11 SEP 2026

What have we learned from 9/11 about transportation?
Don't go on planes.
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 10:53:56 AM11 SEP 2026

What have we learned from 9/11 about transportation?

Pilot school isn't an effective way to learn how to avoid buildings when flying. (Sorry not sorry for dark humor.)

kphoger


He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 10:56:59 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 11, 2026, 10:56:03 AM(Sorry not sorry for dark humor.)

Note the thread title.  :nod:

Sure, but intentionally having a wrong answer isn't necessarily congruent with being insensitive in case someone here lost someone that day, etc. Also, I know I've posted this before elsewhere on the forum, but it's weird thinking I was on the same aircraft as was used on United 93 that day.

kphoger

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 11, 2026, 10:59:15 AMin case someone here lost someone that day

I don't recall anyone on the forum having said they did.  But I suppose there's always the chance.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 10:53:56 AM11 SEP 2026

What have we learned from 9/11 about transportation?

Sandals are the best footwear for travel.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 10:53:56 AM11 SEP 2026

What have we learned from 9/11 about transportation?

Someone could hijack a plane with a bottle of sun-block and an unbagged tube of lip gloss.  But handcuffs, an ice-skate, and a six-inch screwdriver are totally cool, because those are harmless.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 10:53:56 AM11 SEP 2026

What have we learned from 9/11 about transportation?

That US 93 was the ideal way to get to Las Vegas the week before New Year's Day 2002. 

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 11, 2026, 12:20:28 PMThat US 93 was the ideal way to get to Las Vegas the week before New Year's Day 2002. 

I had the pleasure of making travel plans right around when 9/11 happened, but not having bought the plane tickets yet.  I watched ticket prices fall down and down and down to the floor, but I waited too long before hitting 'reserve' and they went back up first.  And then the itinerary changed three times between late September and late December, which is when my trip was.

On the return trip, we crossed the border the day after New Year's Day 2002, and taxis were not allowed northbound across the border at the time.  So we had to walk across the border and then figure out how to get to the airport from there.  That may have been the last time I actually used a pay-phone—calling for a taxi.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 11, 2026, 12:20:28 PM
Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 10:53:56 AM11 SEP 2026

What have we learned from 9/11 about transportation?

That US 93 was the ideal way to get to Las Vegas the week before New Year's Day 2002. 
Explain?
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

xonhulu

#5823
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 11, 2026, 12:46:33 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 11, 2026, 12:20:28 PM
Quote from: kphoger on September 11, 2026, 10:53:56 AM11 SEP 2026

What have we learned from 9/11 about transportation?

That US 93 was the ideal way to get to Las Vegas the week before New Year's Day 2002. 
Explain?

I'll let someone else share the details, but the comment refers to the fact US 93 went over Hoover Dam, and they closed it in the wake of 9/11.

kphoger


He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.