News:

The server restarts at 2 AM daily. This results in a short period of downtime, so if you get a 502 error at that time, that is why.

Main Menu

Daily conversation: What is the worst possible answer?

Started by kphoger, July 17, 2025, 10:50:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffandnicole



The_Ginger

Quote from: kphoger on September 14, 2026, 11:30:11 AM14 SEP 2026

How should public transportation be funded?
Don't. Roads are better.

With toll revenue.
"A beltway? What in the world is that?"

He/him pronouns, please.
Travel Mapping · TM Rail · TM Air · Counties

TheCatalyst31

Quote from: kphoger on September 14, 2026, 11:30:11 AM14 SEP 2026

How should public transportation be funded?
Through merch sales to transit nerds.

Mav94


PColumbus73


kphoger


He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

I-57/Route 66 Fan

9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?
Everything Is Better On The Radio


I Hope To Re-Activate Old Threads


Cancel I-11, I-14, I-2, I-73, I-74 in North Carolina, I-57 in Arkansas, I-42, and I-41, like now


As a human I approve of this post


Warning: My opinions might not be true

PColumbus73

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

South of the Border, I-95

kphoger

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

This gap in the border wall in Luna County, NM.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: PColumbus73 on September 15, 2026, 10:42:23 AM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

South of the Border, I-95

No further replies needed.  This is the best possible worst answer.

1995hoo

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

The gates to the White House grounds along Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, DC, because a well-known resident of 1600 Pennsylvania specializes in TACOs.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 15, 2026, 10:47:06 AMNo further replies needed.  This is the best possible worst answer.

But this thread is for the worst possible answer.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Big John

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?
Checkpoint Charlie

Mav94

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

This one:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/VgVBcVXMCWAgQgH5A

JayhawkCO

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

This one that also takes to you France.


MikeTheActuary

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

The Taco Bell drive-thru.

vdeane

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?
I-81: the only interstate to go from Canada to Mexico (without even needed to stop at customs when crossing into or leaving Mexico!), and then continue south for another 700+ miles.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

paulthemapguy

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

All of US54 is a USA-Mexico border crossing that gives you a preview of Mexico in Missouri 1000 miles before dumping travelers in El Paso at the Rio Grande.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Every US highway is on there!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: Every US Route and (fully built) Interstate has a photo now! Just Alaska and Hawaii left!

kphoger

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

La Linda International Bridge, and the reason should be obvious:  you get to clinch RM-2627.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

pderocco

Quote from: paulthemapguy on September 15, 2026, 12:52:49 PM
Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

All of US54 is a USA-Mexico border crossing that gives you a preview of Mexico in Missouri 1000 miles before dumping travelers in El Paso at the Rio Grande.
At least it doesn't dump travelers in the Rio Grande at El Paso.

ModernDayWarrior

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?
Antelope Wells, New America. Has to be the best part of America, because it's new.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on September 14, 2026, 11:30:11 AM14 SEP 2026

How should public transportation be funded?

Drop all the passengers off in the richest guy in town's yard until he agrees to pay to send them elsewhere.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 15, 2026, 02:35:15 PMDrop all the passengers off in the richest guy in town's yard until he agrees to pay to send them elsewhere.

That's a bad answer because the rich guy would offer them all a well-paying job, then they would all be able to afford their own brand-new car and stop taking public transportation.  True story.

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Declan127

Quote from: I-57/Route 66 Fan on September 15, 2026, 10:21:13 AM9/15/26
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, what is the best USA-Mexico border crossing checkpoint?

Wherever you'd like, usually from the Mexican side
Imma New Yoikah, fuggedaboudit!

kphoger

16 SEP 2026

What does a flashing yellow arrow mean?

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.