News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Signs in low-clearance situations (in tunnels, under bridge decks, etc.)

Started by kj3400, October 22, 2010, 01:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myosh_tino

Quote from: architect77 on October 27, 2010, 03:54:17 AM
I think this is gorgeous. Beefed-up supports, boxy-shape, almost art deco. It's prudent, economical, and almost perfect. I think.
You can thank the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake for those beefy columns and supports as that was the end result of retrofitting the double-deck portion of I-280 north of US 101.  After the collapse of the I-880 Cypress Structure in Oakland, all of the double-decked freeways in San Francisco were either torn down (US 101/Central Freeway and CA-480/Embarcadero Freeway), retrofitted (I-280) or replaced (I-80, Bay Bridge west approach).
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.