AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: I-95 (or I-395) Through DC  (Read 1501 times)

odditude

• Last Login: April 07, 2020, 05:25:14 PM
Re: I-95 (or I-395) Through DC
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2020, 11:51:22 AM »

-The route for local main street for non-central DC traffic+long distance traffic on the eastern portion
Again, did you forget the eastern section is also not exclusively thru traffic? Again, significant local traffic.

How about building an outer bypass for thru traffic and separate traffic from the beltway? Far better use of resources.
Yes, I said that, the eastern is regional/long distance bypass and local non-core DC traffic.
By having the NC and NW expressway you take DC core traffic off the eastern part.

I don't think it feasible or responsible to build new corridors which an eastern bypass would do.
Better would be to beefed up I-95.

an eastern bypass is far more feasible than the NC and NW expressway, which are far more dead now than when they were when originally cancelled.

Beltway

• Roads to the Future

• Last Login: Today at 10:23:59 AM
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2020, 12:35:47 PM »

I don't think it feasible or responsible to build new corridors which an eastern bypass would do.
Unless you are referring to completing I-95 thru Washington on its original route, then I-95 will use the eastern part of the Beltway, and the Wilson Bridge is already as wide as it will get.

Need an eastern bypass, the US-301 / I-97 route.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

1995hoo

• Last Login: Today at 10:18:26 AM
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2020, 02:09:32 PM »

Unless you are referring to completing I-95 thru Washington on its original route, then I-95 will use the eastern part of the Beltway, and the Wilson Bridge is already as wide as it will get.

Need an eastern bypass, the US-301 / I-97 route.

I thought the bolded text was the underlying assumption for this entire thread. (Not meant as a poke at anyone; rather, I assumed he didn't mention it again because we were presuming the idea of this thread was how things would be different if the highway were to be completed through the city.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.