News:

Cloudflare is enabled due to bots continuing to hammer the Forum.

Main Menu

Lake Ontario to be renamed as Lake America

Started by bing101, August 27, 2026, 05:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalvado

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 09:37:34 PM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan3561 on September 06, 2026, 09:34:50 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 09:33:11 PMWell, I'll keep that in mind for when there's actually a problem with the name of New Mexico, I guess...

Don't look now, but apparently that's gotten POTUS's attention this holiday weekedn as well...

He also declared the moon to be part of America.
That's actually a much bigger can of chili.
Traditionally, newly discovered land was claimed by putting a flag on it and became a part of discoverer's country. Now it's not like Apollo 11 discovered the moon, but flag ceremony was on the same page.
There are treaties saying that space objects cannot be claimed, attempts to modify those, especially in terms of mining. But US retained full ownership of moon rock samples anyway.
So this may be more of a consequence than loud trolling of lake A and Bay of A.


Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 05:46:17 AMWhy would I defend anyone? I am enjoying high level trolling and popcorn.
Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 05:46:17 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 06, 2026, 11:44:57 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 09:15:13 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 08:14:23 PMDo you see any other options?

He could fuck off.
Think positive! If there is a formulated problem, searching for solutions might be considered
You don't have to like the original one to come up with creative options and novel ideas!
out of all the things to defend Trump on this ain't it dude
Why would I defend anyone? I am enjoying high level trolling and popcorn.

Reminds me of one of my first uses of AI to create an image.


NE2

Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 08:14:23 PMDo you see any other options?
I can think of at least one, but I'm not allowed to say it with Kirkday fast approaching.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

kalvado

Quote from: MikeTheActuary on September 07, 2026, 06:11:19 AM
Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 05:46:17 AMWhy would I defend anyone? I am enjoying high level trolling and popcorn.
Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 05:46:17 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 06, 2026, 11:44:57 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 09:15:13 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 08:14:23 PMDo you see any other options?

He could fuck off.
Think positive! If there is a formulated problem, searching for solutions might be considered
You don't have to like the original one to come up with creative options and novel ideas!
out of all the things to defend Trump on this ain't it dude
Why would I defend anyone? I am enjoying high level trolling and popcorn.

Reminds me of one of my first uses of AI to create an image.


Some nuance may be missing.
All that renaming isn't the fire, it's the clown performing to make you look the other way. Respect that effort and pay attention at the clown!

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 08:58:05 AMSome nuance may be missing.
All that renaming isn't the fire, it's the clown performing to make you look the other way. Respect that effort and pay attention at the clown!

I was perhaps a bit too circumspect in my attempt to avoid taking us over the line in the extent to which political discussion is being tolerated here.

I mentioned elsewhere that I am a bit cynical when it comes to politics (in general, and American politics in particular).

You might say that that image is a representation of my cynicism.   At this point, I'm sitting back, munching on popcorn, watching all the, um, trolling.

kalvado

Quote from: MikeTheActuary on September 07, 2026, 09:53:37 AM
Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 08:58:05 AMSome nuance may be missing.
All that renaming isn't the fire, it's the clown performing to make you look the other way. Respect that effort and pay attention at the clown!

I was perhaps a bit too circumspect in my attempt to avoid taking us over the line in the extent to which political discussion is being tolerated here.

I mentioned elsewhere that I am a bit cynical when it comes to politics (in general, and American politics in particular).

You might say that that image is a representation of my cynicism.   At this point, I'm sitting back, munching on popcorn, watching all the, um, trolling.
To return to roads.. remember the guy who advocated for some funny barges across Lake Michigan to keep I-90 continuous? That was a performance of a similar level

Max Rockatansky


Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 05:46:17 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 06, 2026, 11:44:57 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 09:15:13 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 08:14:23 PMDo you see any other options?

He could fuck off.
Think positive! If there is a formulated problem, searching for solutions might be considered
You don't have to like the original one to come up with creative options and novel ideas!
out of all the things to defend Trump on this ain't it dude
Why would I defend anyone? I am enjoying high level trolling and popcorn.
Yeah, I think the only one enjoying your trolling is you...
My username has been outdated since August 2023 but I'm too lazy to change it

kalvado

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 01:12:08 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 05:46:17 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 06, 2026, 11:44:57 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 09:15:13 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 08:14:23 PMDo you see any other options?

He could fuck off.
Think positive! If there is a formulated problem, searching for solutions might be considered
You don't have to like the original one to come up with creative options and novel ideas!
out of all the things to defend Trump on this ain't it dude
Why would I defend anyone? I am enjoying high level trolling and popcorn.
Yeah, I think the only one enjoying your trolling is you...
Grab some popcorn and take a seat, you are going to love it!
And I am not the one trolling, Mr. President does the heavy lifting here...

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 01:12:08 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 07, 2026, 05:46:17 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 06, 2026, 11:44:57 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 09:15:13 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on September 06, 2026, 09:06:25 PM
Quote from: kalvado on September 06, 2026, 08:14:23 PMDo you see any other options?

He could fuck off.
Think positive! If there is a formulated problem, searching for solutions might be considered
You don't have to like the original one to come up with creative options and novel ideas!
out of all the things to defend Trump on this ain't it dude
Why would I defend anyone? I am enjoying high level trolling and popcorn.
Yeah, I think the only one enjoying your trolling is you...
Grab some popcorn and take a seat, you are going to love it!
And I am not the one trolling, Mr. President does the heavy lifting here...
yawn
My username has been outdated since August 2023 but I'm too lazy to change it

Max Rockatansky

I'm pretty sure that you're the only one who wasn't getting that kalvado is mostly being sarcastic is you. 

Why are we not discussing "New America?"  Some of the memes coming out of New Mexico are at least mildly amusing.

kalvado

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 07, 2026, 01:59:41 PMI'm pretty sure that you're the only one who wasn't getting that kalvado is mostly being sarcastic is you. 

Why are we not discussing "New America?"  Some of the memes coming out of New Mexico are at least mildly amusing.
I am more thinking that if New Mexico was a part of USA - well, old America - then should renaming to New America mean  it is going to become a part of old Mexico?

bing101


Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 07, 2026, 01:59:41 PMI'm pretty sure that you're the only one who wasn't getting that kalvado is mostly being sarcastic is you. 

Why are we not discussing "New America?"  Some of the memes coming out of New Mexico are at least mildly amusing.
I get that he's being sarcastic (I hope). It's just not funny in the slightest.
My username has been outdated since August 2023 but I'm too lazy to change it

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2026, 04:54:23 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 07, 2026, 01:59:41 PMI'm pretty sure that you're the only one who wasn't getting that kalvado is mostly being sarcastic is you. 

Why are we not discussing "New America?"  Some of the memes coming out of New Mexico are at least mildly amusing.
I get that he's being sarcastic (I hope). It's just not funny in the slightest.

Is there something funny about the initial premise of this thread?  I'm not really getting how you under the expectation that you are going to find much positivity?

bing101


wxfree

Politics is a forbidden topic here, but we Americans have had to listen to the president of the United States make declarations and then had to wait for the government of Iran, an evil and destructive power, to make a statement in order to find out whether that declaration was true. This being the case points out that there is a strong possibility that we did something very wrong.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

All roads lead away from Rome.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights do make a left.

JayhawkCO

It's quite telling that the Prez wants to rename New Mexico but not New York, New Jersey, New England, etc....

kalvado

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 08, 2026, 10:09:36 AMIt's quite telling that the Prez wants to rename New Mexico but not New York, New Jersey, New England, etc....
And New Orleans.
I think they all are on a to-do list though.

Beltway

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 08, 2026, 10:09:36 AMIt's quite telling that the Prez wants to rename New Mexico but not New York, New Jersey, New England, etc....
How about a New Pennsylvania?
Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

Big John

Quote from: JayhawkCO on September 08, 2026, 10:09:36 AMIt's quite telling that the Prez wants to rename New Mexico but not New York, New Jersey, New England, etc....
New New York as in Futurama?

kphoger

Does that mean the rest of us will be in "Old America"?  I don't like the sound of that...

He Is Already Here! Let's Go, Flamingo!
Dost thou understand the graveness of the circumstances?
Deut 23:13
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: PKDIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: wxfree on September 08, 2026, 04:33:37 AMPolitics is a forbidden topic here, but we Americans have had to listen to the president of the United States make declarations and then had to wait for the government of Iran, an evil and destructive power, to make a statement in order to find out whether that declaration was true. This being the case points out that there is a strong possibility that we did something very wrong.
I think the ship has sailed on this thread being politics free about 5 pages ago...
My username has been outdated since August 2023 but I'm too lazy to change it

kalvado

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 08, 2026, 11:49:19 AM
Quote from: wxfree on September 08, 2026, 04:33:37 AMPolitics is a forbidden topic here, but we Americans have had to listen to the president of the United States make declarations and then had to wait for the government of Iran, an evil and destructive power, to make a statement in order to find out whether that declaration was true. This being the case points out that there is a strong possibility that we did something very wrong.
I think the ship has sailed on this thread being politics free about 5 pages ago...
You're too optimistic by about 6 pages