AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New rules for political content in signatures and user profiles. See this thread for details.

Author Topic: PA Turnpike News  (Read 628875 times)

jeffandnicole

• Last Login: Today at 09:01:14 AM
Re: PA Turnpike News
« Reply #2575 on: September 21, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »

Check out the mileage numerals on these new attraction signs at the Donegal interchange on the PA Turnpike. Yikes.

https://imgur.com/a/cikE26n

I also posted this in traffic control (good, bad, ugly thread).

Looks like a child in kindergarden drew them.

When things got real on "Bring Your Child To Work" Day!

Mr_Northside

• "Oh god... They'll know! They'll know!"

• Last Login: October 30, 2020, 04:32:25 PM
    • Currently playing washboard in Ye Olde Royal Shithouse Players
« Reply #2576 on: September 21, 2020, 03:18:22 PM »

I posted this in traffic control, but notice this newer BGS at the Monroeville exit shows an exit speed that differs from the posted exit speed just after the BGS.

I wonder why the turnpike decided to go with a ground mounted BGS instead of a new overhead sign? The sign for “Ohio and West” was not replaced.

My best guess is the existing overhead gantry reached a point it needed to come down for safety reasons, and knowing that *someday* (when they find the money) they are widening the turnpike from Irwin to Monroeville, they're probably just going with this ground-mounted sign until they put in a new overhead structure (probably mono-tube) over the widened highway.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

• Last Login: October 30, 2020, 11:07:43 PM
« Reply #2577 on: September 21, 2020, 06:34:08 PM »

Beaver Valley Interchange (Exit 13) will be closed on weekdays for three weeks starting Sept. 21.
https://triblive.com/local/regional/beaver-valley-interchange-on-turnpike-to-close-for-3-weeks/

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

« Reply #2578 on: October 15, 2020, 07:09:43 AM »

Looks like they'll be doing major bridge beam placement this weekend for the new Turnpike bridge over US-19.  They'll have US-19 closed this entire weekend.

Alps

• Everybody Obeys the Octagon

• Elimitante the truck trarffic,

• Last Login: Today at 12:58:18 AM
    • Alps' Roads
« Reply #2579 on: October 15, 2020, 11:26:30 AM »

Looks like they'll be doing major bridge beam placement this weekend for the new Turnpike bridge over US-19.  They'll have US-19 closed this entire weekend.

I assume the idea is to scare as many people away as possible since you can't fit all of 19 on Warrendale Bayne, Brush Creek, Thorn Hill, and back. Because that's hardly 10.5 miles.

MASTERNC

• Last Login: October 29, 2020, 03:59:37 PM
« Reply #2580 on: October 15, 2020, 11:43:29 AM »

I assume the idea is to scare as many people away as possible since you can't fit all of 19 on Warrendale Bayne, Brush Creek, Thorn Hill, and back. Because that's hardly 10.5 miles.

What I don't understand is why the NB detour can't use the direct ramp from I-79 to US 19 North since it is north of the Turnpike bridge.  I get the SB detour since the ramp to I-79 is after the bridge.  The 228 corridor around 19 and 79 is normally a nightmare, so I would think they'd want to minimize the added traffic.

rickmastfan67

• The Invisible One

• I want I-67 in PA!!!!

« Reply #2581 on: October 15, 2020, 06:31:20 PM »

What I don't understand is why the NB detour can't use the direct ramp from I-79 to US 19 North since it is north of the Turnpike bridge.  I get the SB detour since the ramp to I-79 is after the bridge.  The 228 corridor around 19 and 79 is normally a nightmare, so I would think they'd want to minimize the added traffic.

Good point, unless they plan on closing that exit too for the weekend because they don't want the last second left lane insanity at that interchange.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.