News:

why is this up in the corner now

Main Menu

Pointless Termini

Started by DrZoidberg, February 18, 2009, 03:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

The entirety of US 211 is pointless.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

huskeroadgeek

Quote from: Chicagosuburban on July 15, 2011, 03:10:01 PM

I-294 ends while it's duplexed with I-80. Why not just end at I-80?
I'm guessing this is for continuity's sake for the Tri-State Tollway. My question is why they can't end the Tollway at I-80. I really know why-it's a way to make something off of I-80 travelers and while the toll to travel through on I-80 isn't much, it's an annoyance as it slows traffic down. It also makes it practically impossible to travel through the Chicago area without paying a toll somewhere(which I'm sure is the point), unless you want to take city streets or go way out of the way(which the extra gas defeats the purpose of avoiding a toll in the first place).

Brandon

Quote from: Chicagosuburban on July 15, 2011, 03:10:01 PM
I-294 ends while it's duplexed with I-80. Why not just end at I-80?

For the same reason I-280 continues along I-74.  IDOT believes an even 3di must reconnect to its parent.  Hence why I-155 and I-355 are odd 3dis.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

froggie

QuoteThe entirety of US 211 is pointless.

Disagree...even though it's single-state, it's a primary route and one of only two across the Blue Ridge between Waynesboro and Front Royal.

QuoteInstead, the interchange with the bypass is served by US-211 Business.

Not since 1980.  US 211 and its business route end at the same intersection, just west of the bypass.

hbelkins

Quote from: froggie on July 25, 2011, 08:08:13 AM
QuoteThe entirety of US 211 is pointless.

Disagree...even though it's single-state, it's a primary route and one of only two across the Blue Ridge between Waynesboro and Front Royal.

Not saying the road is pointless. Just the US designation. It would work just as well as VA 211 for its entirety.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.