Regional Boards > Canada

Pre-Metric Relics

(1/12) > >>

ghYHZ:
Signs were recently replaced at the TCH106 Rotary at Pictou, NS……somehow they missed this one!

http://g.co/maps/m6qwn

Sign would have been erected in 1968 when that section of the Trans Canada opened and converted to Metric in 1977…….but its roots are clearly showing!

Let’s see your photos of any other pre-metric relics out there.

RoadWarrior56:
I don't know if they are still there, but back in '05 when I drove through Calgary on the freeway that goes N-S, there were a few bridge clearance warning signs that were still in feet and inches.  They made me feel at home.

Alps:
Several other ones around my NS pages, but the first one I thought of when I saw the thread title is the one you posted!

Brandon:

--- Quote from: RoadWarrior56 on November 16, 2011, 07:17:32 AM ---I don't know if they are still there, but back in '05 when I drove through Calgary on the freeway that goes N-S, there were a few bridge clearance warning signs that were still in feet and inches.  They made me feel at home.

--- End quote ---

It's a shame Canada changed; there was no reason to change to the French system.  However, the Canadian building trades flat out rejected Trudeau and his ego trip and still use Imperial measurements for building structures.

corco:

--- Quote ---It's a shame Canada changed; there was no reason to change to the French system.  However, the Canadian building trades flat out rejected Trudeau and his ego trip and still use Imperial measurements for building structures.

--- End quote ---

Besides the fact that the entire rest of the world besides one superpower and a couple third world countries are using it? And the whole Canadian cultural desire to differentiate herself from the USA?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version