News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Ohio Interstate System

Started by CMHroads, March 18, 2009, 03:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strider

I always thought that I-73 should just following US 23 towards Columbus, then go around the town to the west with I-270 to the US 33 interchange, and let I-73 head northwest to end at I-75 near Lima, or extend I-73 along a long multiplex with I-75 then take over I-475 to enter Michigan. it just looks right to just end at I-75 northwest.

SignGeniusPTOE

Yes, Ohio's interstate system blows.  There should have been an interstate from Columbus to Chicago, via Fort Wayne.  Would have been considerably shorter than I-70 to Indy to I-65.  Columbus to Toledo blows.  I-75 between Toledo and Dayton is garbage.  Columbus has only two interstate routes serving it!  The routing of I-275 around Cincinnati (especially around the west side) was a huge blunder.  Fort to Port should have been built to full interstate standard- how many at-grade intersections are on US 24 yet?  Good grief!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.