News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New album by pop band Train: "California 37"

Started by kurumi, April 22, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurumi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_37

I haven't heard anything from this CD, but I probably will (family and friends listen to pop radio). But the actual highway, CA 37, could give an album some negative connotations:

• narrow and frustrating
  • meekly follows a trail blazed decades ago
  • is best traversed as quickly as possible
  • fortunately, it picks up speed at the end
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

CentralCAroadgeek

I've heard some songs from this album, and I think it's great. Can't wait to buy it in iTunes

Duke87

I own Train's first two albums, never bothered to buy anything after that... until now. :sombrero:

I find it odd to see Train being referred to as "Pop", though. I would have called them "Easy listening with country influence".

Then again, in my mind "Pop" = early Britney Spears, Backstreet Boys, etc. (say Justin Bieber if you want something more contemporary) and anything with a postpubescent target audience ≠ Pop
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Scott5114

That is a sort of terrible CA-37 shield.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

agentsteel53

Quote from: Scott5114 on April 23, 2012, 01:16:23 PM
That is a sort of terrible CA-37 shield.

this one?

that's perfectly to spec.  I wouldn't be surprised if it's a photo of a real 37 shield on the road.  (the terrain isn't right for CA-37.  Looks more like CA-62 or the like - so shield and road likely came together in Photoshop.)

did you mean another one?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Scott5114

Ah, well you'd be the one to know, I guess. I figured proper CA-37 shields had more green space at the bottom for some reason. The most I interact with CA shields is with the SVGs on Wikipedia!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

CentralCAroadgeek

I've recently bought this album, and I have to say that it is great. Many different styles of music, as well as many about the 415.

And for the song "California 37," the chorus has a part that says,"California 37 took me right to heaven's door."

national highway 1

Also the main single 'Drive By' - perfect for a roadgeek if you know what I mean. Also the line "You moved to West LA, New York and Santa Fe, oh, wherever to getaway from me."
"Set up road signs; put up guideposts. Take note of the highway, the road that you take." Jeremiah 31:21

Road Hog

Clearly Train took liberties with the decidedly-non-desert North Bay highway.

Maybe they're Fictional Highways fans. :biggrin:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.